Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall - sad

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Pretty sure Millwall run an all-members policy for home games, don't they? So I can't see City fans getting into the home sections.

Also, as a matter of interest only and in response to this from Albion Dan: "Why is it ok for Liverpool fans to chant about Munich to Man Utd fans but not the other way round."

It's not...BUT....I go to Old Trafford for Man Utd versus Liverpool most seasons. This season, Liverpool fans only sang that song after over an hour of listening to chants of 'Murderers, Murderers' and 'Without killing anyone, we've won it two times' sung at them, quite apart from the standard anti-Scouse shit. The Mancs promptly went nuts. If you can't take hearing that stuff, don't dish it out.

What exacty was it that the Liverpool fans had said or done to deserve having Hillsborough thrown in their faces at Millwall that night?

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Why on earth do United fans get so upset about the Munich song?
How many of them were even alive when that crash happened?
It hardly seems comparable to the relatively recent Hillsborough.
Mind you it would be far more civilised if both sets of fans got a level of decency and sang neither.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Simster said:
If Millwall ever went bust I wouldn't give a toss.

Just purely on the basis of this????

Simster said:
The problem is that for every prick who gets banned at Millwall, there are 5 others willing to step into their shoes.

Looking at some of these clips, you have to wonder how far we go before we decide Millwall are just not worth the trouble: :nono:

http://www.bernardomahoney.com/forthcb/ootdie/videoc4.shtml

Have I missed something or has some bloke dedicated a web site of violence to his dead wife?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kinky Gerbils said:
Lets face it.

1. Bristol will lose
2. Forest will win
3. Bristol Will BOTTLE the play offs.

The same thought had occurred to me.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Leeds allocation for Derby has been cut to 1500 due to persistant standing which is stupid. It is estimated around 4000 Leeds fans now have tickets in the Derby end me being one of them. You just know it's going to kick off if Leeds get relegated on that day. Silly decision taken because now fans will be scattered rather than in one segregated place.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
4000 Leeds fans with tickets for the Derby end?

Doubt it, given that this game is likely to be as important to Derby as it is for Leeds, although for hilariously different reasons.

I realise people are spread around the country with all sorts of postcodes, and that obviously segregation is going to be something of an issue, but I can't quite believe that Derby would have inadvertently sold quite as many as 4000 home tickets to Leeds in a game that could see the home side promoted back to the Premiership.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Millwall - sad

Brixtaan said:
Just purely on the basis of this????
No.

In 1985, I was 14 years old and used to get taken to virtually every local away match by friends of the family. (Coxy's parents, actually - if you know him). Millwall away was the exception. They wouldn't take me and my parents weren't having it either. Good thing too - we won 1-0 and with 20 mins to go, half their fans had emptied and were throwing bricks from outside the ground into the away end. After the game, Coxy's parents came across a lone Brighton fan having the shit kicked out of him by half a dozen Millwall fans. He'd have had his face slashed to bits if these two middle aged Albion fans hadn't been there to witness it. As it was, he got away with a cracked skull and some superficial injuries.

All very brave stuff from the Millwall lads there - I must have my story wrong though, because we all know these sort only go after their own kind. Apart from this incident of course. Oh and that Pompey fan on that site I linked on here who was kicked in for trying to find his car.

le ros bif

Jan 3, 2007
sw france
S'cuse me.............but is this not a Brighton fans site...........if you must talk about two teams doing a damn sight better than us,go on their chat rooms......I'm sure they'll welcome you!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
robbied69 said:
Leeds allocation for Derby has been cut to 1500 due to persistant standing which is stupid. It is estimated around 4000 Leeds fans now have tickets in the Derby end me being one of them.
Edna is right, that is complete bollocks. There will be 500 of you, absolute tops.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For once, Bristol City actually look as though they have the bottle to secure it. Carlisle away last week was a real tester and they came through it comfortably. Can't see them blowing it now.

They're one of those clubs with tremendous untapped potential, either big city teams or ones with decent catchment areas and relatively good support. You always wonder how big they could be if they ever actually had a bit of success as opposed to bobbing around the lower leagues. I'd put City in that bracket, along with Hull, Carlisle and Plymouth.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Active....Firms.....Have you seen Football Factory? It makes me hard.

Jog on you mug. Yeah, well hard.

:lolol:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
It is totally true. So many Leeds fans want to get to it. Considering our usual allocation of roughly 3000 has been cut, loads are without tickets. Plus fans like me still want to go and registered ages ago on the Derby site for ticket. Derby don't have that many season ticket holders.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Simster said:
Bristol City are away at Millwall this Saturday. Bristol City will go up if they win, which of course means they're taking thousands with them. Of course, it is Millwall's last home game of the season which will mean the obligitary pitch invasion.

So what is the result of all this? Because of a potential pitch invasion, the lower tier at the away end will remain shut - which means that the several hundred ticketless Bristol City fans will not be admitted, or will stupidly enter the home end.

Either way, what a sad state of affairs it is when a team vying for promotion aren't granted a decent allocation because of the threat of morons in the home end. If Millwall ever went bust I wouldn't give a toss.

As someone who lives in SE London I can confirm you are talking utter crap based on steretypes which keep appearing in the media. Cos Bristol City are a bunch of angels aren't they?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Millwall - sad

Hercules Rockerfeller said:
As someone who lives in SE London I can confirm you are talking utter crap based on steretypes which keep appearing in the media. Cos Bristol City are a bunch of angels aren't they?

I appreciate that Millwall used to be as Simster says but thanks to considerable efforts by the club to eradicate their hooligan image as Herc says it's pretty calm there now. It should be mentioned that these measures have cost MFC quite a lot in lost revenue which should be considered. Also, yes Bristol City are no saints that's for sure although I can't say we've had any serious problems there over recent seasons.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Millwall have certainly tried harder than most to drive out the unsavoury element from their club, the pictures posted on NSC after our game earlier in the season appeared to back this up, their "mob" appeared to be teenagers wearing burberry...not quite the treatment from days of old.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Re: Re: Re: Millwall - sad

bhaexpress said:
I appreciate that Millwall used to be as Simster says but thanks to considerable efforts by the club to eradicate their hooligan image as Herc says it's pretty calm there now. It should be mentioned that these measures have cost MFC quite a lot in lost revenue which should be considered. Also, yes Bristol City are no saints that's for sure although I can't say we've had any serious problems there over recent seasons.

Did you feel the earth move down in Kent this morning?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Re: Millwall - sad

Hercules Rockerfeller said:
Did you feel the earth move down in Kent this morning?

Not at my age :down:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
jonny.rainbow said:
Not this time.

Even if they lose to Millwall and Forest win they'll be a point clear.

er..................nope

city are only a point ahead of forest

f***'em i REALLY hope they dont go up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here