Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Morris Dancing

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Morris dancing goes hand in hand with drinking lots of real ale I was once told.

Think I`d like to give it a go.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Who can POSSIBLY dislike the CLONK of wood on wood.

WOOD.

ON.

WOOD.

:)

What is the Japenese equivalent of Morris dancing ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
NMH said:
It's a fine English tradition, sucking my mummies breasts and should be encouraged.

Didn`t say it wasn`t.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Rejoice!
Tomorrow is the Brighton Morris Day of Dance when sides from all the country come to dance around Brighton Town centre. It kicks off at 11am in the Pavilion gardens, when they all have a go, then they go round the centre. Usual venues inc the Brighton Tavern, in front of the fishing museum etc.
Ahh, this might explain some having a bit of a practice on Hove Lawns at lunchtime today. Each to their own, but it’s not for me Clive

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Should we be proud of this folk tradition?
Yes, why not? Lots of countries have their own folk dance traditions which they're proud of, so why shouldn't we?
or should we be embarrassed?
No, not unless you're very, very woke, or one of those twats who thinks it cool to deride everything about their own country.
Is it a latent erotic ritual?
No.
Have you ever Morris Danced?
No, but I've played the music for them; great fun. It was in a fire station - the fire engines were parked up on the apron outside, the windows were blacked out and there was a bar at the top of the fireman's pole.
Should the England RU team Morris Dance as the All Blacks 'Haka'?
No, they should just ignore it, throw the ball around among themselves, do a bit of light warming up and scratch their arses and stuff.
So many silly questions?
Exactly.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We're meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow, so is there an itinerary somewhere, because it sounds ideal. And you're not a true brightonian if you don't appreciate/haven't partaken in a bit of Morris Dancing :banana:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
We're meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow, so is there an itinerary somewhere, because it sounds ideal. And you're not a true brightonian if you don't appreciate/haven't partaken in a bit of Morris Dancing :banana:
Posted a few hours ago on Twitter @BrightonMorris.
Hammersmith are appearing so I might wear a Fulham top!
20240621_230756.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here