Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most expensive SINGLE drink you've bought...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
just looked at the bill for my 40th birthday dinner: a glass of Cahors (red wine) £13. G&T 8.90.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Remember getting to our hotel in Moscow. Nipped down to the bar for a quick drink. The Mrs liked the look of the cocktails. So we had a couple. Then we realised we had payed ten quid each for them :cry:

I took a rather tasty-looking Indian girl out and went to Brown's cocktail bar, where I ordered her a B52. It was over a fiver if I remember rightly. Not complaining though, as it comprises several premium liqueurs.
Shame about the girl though, as I thought she might enjoy being treated to a bit of class rather than the disco and a burger stuff she was normally used to. She turned out to be a bit of a slapper, and even confessed she had done the rounds with a couple of the neighbours in her building. Dropped off in a taxi, and polite "had a good evening thanks - all the best".
Dog meat can come in an attractive tin.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I took a rather tasty-looking Indian girl out and went to Brown's cocktail bar, where I ordered her a B52. It was over a fiver if I remember rightly. Not complaining though, as it comprises several premium liqueurs.
Shame about the girl though, as I thought she might enjoy being treated to a bit of class rather than the disco and a burger stuff she was normally used to. She turned out to be a bit of a slapper, and even confessed she had done the rounds with a couple of the neighbours in her building. Dropped off in a taxi, and polite "had a good evening thanks - all the best".
Dog meat can come in an attractive tin.

You spent over a fiver on the girls drink and you didn't shag her. Whats the world coming too :shrug:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I sold someone a couple of shots of tequila at the bar I work in over here in Sydney the other day for $55 a 30ml shot.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Nearly forgot, I took the bird to Richard Phillipps' restraunt in kent for her birthday and she ordered a glass of red wine which was £22, and it made her feel sick :angry: I only found out how much it was when the bill turned up. :nono:

I thought she might enjoy being treated to a bit of class

A £5 B-52 in Browns is your idea of "a bit of class"? Oh dear.

The most expensive drink I ever had was from a bottle of '82 Chateau Haut Brion. The bottle cost £900 so I guess that makes a glass about £150. Technically I was paying, but it was on expenses so not really.

Last edited:

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
I was lucky enough to stay at the Burj-Al-Arab in Dubai, the mini bar was a bit expensive 1 can of diet coke £10.00:eek: & a bottle of Bud was £15.00:eek::eek: & that was in 2006, the mini bar stayed well stocked that week.

D

Deleted User X18H

I took a very talkative ex-g/f to Browns in The Lanes and bought her a cocktail and myself a double Jamesons, then sat in the window seats for 45 minutes in a comfortable silence

Cost:

PRICELESS!

Where is this Browns in The LANES anyone know???

A £5 B-52 in Browns is your idea of "a bit of class"? Oh dear.

The most expensive drink I ever had was from a bottle of '82 Chateau Haut Brion. The bottle cost £900 so I guess that makes a glass about £150. Technically I was paying, but it was on expenses so not really.

First date with a disco-dolly, so for her regular taste it was upmarket (like the bloke who took her there).
By the end of the evening she was lucky I spent on a taxi-cab and didn't just chuck her the bus-fare!

My idea of class is La Dome or Saint James Club on Sunset, though I'm quite comfortable with a $15 pizza at The Rainbow up the street.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
My most expensive drink was the first one I bought for my future wife!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, still married but the bill keeps going up and up and up!!!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
About £8 for a small glass of wine in the Grand a few years ago (before an office Christmas party).

Or over a fiver for a beer in Dubai.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
probably around £6.50 for a pint in Paris last year around champs elysee area.hate it when you buy fancy cocktails at some bar not to realise the state of prices,think once payed around £25 for two in London

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think this is the first time ive started a thread and it's got a red envelope icon with a little arrow thingy on it...

Wicked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here