Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not exactly a lot has happened in the last month by the looks of it, although I see to remember there are some cable or something which need moving which I guess is something a utility company has to do so maybe they are still waiting
Yeah UKPN dragging their heels somewhat.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Local firm tho eh? That's all good shirley? And the club, being a private concern with only one major shareholder, are under no real obligation to put anything major out to tender unless they really want to. Companies House search facility is your friend here. Interesting rabbit hole to be sure...
Yes of course it's all above board I am sure just never ceases to amaze me. I am also aware of what you speak regarding CH as well.

My work role changed last year and I am now responsible for several external third party vendor relationships and if I even so much as want to change one iota of their role/contract etc then I am forced to go through a revised tender process that is so arduous and timeconsuming it could be a role in itself....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes of course it's all above board I am sure just never ceases to amaze me. I am also aware of what you speak regarding CH as well.

My work role changed last year and I am now responsible for several external third party vendor relationships and if I even so much as want to change one iota of their role/contract etc then I am forced to go through a revised tender process that is so arduous and timeconsuming it could be a role in itself....
You do know that long-time Albion director Derek Chapman formed Adenstar back in 1982?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it’s anything like boxpark then lots of the structure will be created off site, and quite a simple fitting together & bolting into place when it arrives at the Amex. It’s not like a house with lots of brick walls to build. It’s shipping container style boxes for the food outlets inside a bigger steel structure. So we’ll probably see lots of slow foundations work for months, as if the process is going at snails pace, and then the main structure will quickly go up over a couple of weeks.
This is why I’m puzzled it costs 7m quid.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just been by - looks nearly finished!

shed.jpg

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Not exactly a lot has happened in the last month by the looks of it, although I see to remember there are some cable or something which need moving which I guess is something a utility company has to do so maybe they are still waiting
I go past 3 or 4 times a week, and although there doesnt appear much above ground, there has been plenty of groundwork done, some quite deep excavations in the fanzone area, there is work beingdone behind the stadium ( side of the legends posters), and groundwork from the fan zone, up and past the NHS Scanner trucks

Theres a lot of weork being done on Bennets field, which seems related with steel "cages" being made(looks like the reinforcement for pouring concrete over when in place, this may be nothing to do with fan zone-but all looks connected

I think this will be one of those cases where nothing is visable above ground for ages, and then almost overnight it all appears

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I wonder if the new stadium sound system has gone in yet? I have a Bluetooth speaker that produces better sound quality than the current set up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here