New Year Boycott

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
my local isn't charging and its £2 a pint...nice! :drink: :drink: :drink:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Yes, I can't really get all this New Year stuff. As a kid, everybody was gearing up for the January sales, which of course now begin on Boxing Day. I'm sure all this going out and getting smashed is a recent thing; perhaps I'm getting old. I think the most enjoyable way to spend it is to get together with a group of friends round their house and see it in with them. When I was driving, I point blank refused to work Christmas Day (yes, it does have a very strong Christian meaning for me, but I'm not here to start a religious debate - it has always been a special family day for me), but I was quite happy to work New Year night, and watch all the other people go and get rat-arsed. One year I took £300 in a night and that was back in the mid-1990s, finishing off with a job for nearly £40 from the High Rocks at Tunbridge Wells back to East Grinstead. It made me laugh them paying us all that money, paying for the admission and probably double price for the drinks. One benefit though is that the roads are usually empty on New Year's Day. The last time we played Bournemouth on New Year's Day; I think it was in 1989, I drove down there without any bother when that journey is normally quite a pain, and coming back I don't think more than about 15 to 20 cars passed me.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Dead right LB, going to stay at home and get pissed and give the Mrs a good seeing to! :eek:

Sorry how un-pc of me - Im going to stay at home with my lovely lady and spend some quality time with her at this special tome of year!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I do agree that going into town on NYE is very overated, but i do enjoy going to my mates house for a good old piss up, which last year ended up with me falling asleep on his pool table and him waking my up at 10.30 by smashing the white ball into my 'Dellicates'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I shall be attending a friends house with the missus and several other couples, where we shall play games, drink heavily, exchange witticisms, and hopefully bodily fluids. In no particualr order.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
They've just said on the radio that there will be bad storms with 80mph winds on NYE so if you dont want to celebrate then go up there for the weekend!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
edna krabappel said:
I'm working.

Much cheaper, and I get to watch everyone else make a tit of themselves and then beg us for a free lift home.

Gutted :lolol:

Is the CORRECT answer! I shall also be working.
Double money after midnight too, and it always goes mental about 15 minutes after midnight until about 4am.

No free lifts home here either :lolol:

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Les Biehn said:
This will be my 7th New Year boycott in a row, I fecking hate it. Expensive, bars are rammed, every f***ing who doesn't usually come out goes out, ridiculously overpriced Taxis. I don't care if people think I'm a grumpy bastard. Who will join me?

I tend to go along with you there Les although I don't get quite so worked up about it. My local is having a disco (pass) and will charge £5 for the dubious privilege of attending. As it is a couple of days later I have a rather long trip planned so I need to take it easy. Thursday requires a 5AM start followed by nearly 24 hours traveling so apart from the New Years Day shoot here in darkest Kent I don't plan much either.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm going to a house party this year. Like i do most years, as i can't be arsed with going out in to town

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Last time I went OUT on NYE, my band played it's farewell gig in fancy dress in a pub in Seaford for the Millenium. Best party ever. Totally lost my voice due to the volume of it all!
And we all rushed outside at midnight to see the planes falling out of the sky due to the millenium bug. Yeh. right.

Dont bother anymore, 1. kids, 2. how could it live up to that?!

Mrs C.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
shit overrated night. So far turned down all offers and looks like i will be staying in

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
My local is regulars only, free entry that night. Shouldn't be too packed. I'll be going to a house party afterwards too, how early depends on how packed the pub is.

Oct 25, 2003
yep, i hate new years aswell

refuse to go out anywhere, f***ing TEN POUND to get into the EVENT:ohmy:

everyones just coming round mine and getting LASHED

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Off to pick up me jubilees later in preperation for smashing Slackers at the Concorde. WICKERD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here