Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next Conservative Leader - Rishi Sunak

Who should be the next leader of the conservative party?

• Boris

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Therese Coffey

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Penny Mourdant

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Ben Wallace

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mick Gove

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Chris Grayling

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Matt Hancock

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sir Graham Brady

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dom Raab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadine Dorries

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Pretty Patel

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Charles appoints his second Prime Minister today then. His mother had 15 PMs during her 70 year reign: One every 4 years and nine months. Charles is on his second after 48 days. If he keeps this rate up, he'll have beaten his mum's tally by October 2024.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The whole world is a complete mess.

Given the two main reasons for this are lockdown and Restrictions on Russia, which one do you not agree with?
Yes, people seem to forget the Tories only came to power just as the pandemic hit and now have to deal with Putin going rogue too.

Such short memories :rolleyes:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
1666694174478.jpeg

Rishi Sunak is now the UK's 57th prime minister after being invited to form a government by King Charles.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Brexit is a much bigger factor than lockdown, not sure where abouts the gas price sits tho
In terms of financial hit on Britain, the Government's Office for Budget responsibility says Brexit has cost twice as much as Covid. The Russia situation is ongoing so can't really be assessed yet against these two known costs.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not going to be fashionable or popular to say this, but I thought he spoke well and decisively just now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Currently I would disagree given the other countries affected and in some case they are worse inflation wise, but that shit sandwich is coming down the track.
people dont look at data abroad, perfer to believe we alone have inflation and face recession. the German data is very stark, as driver of european economy will blow back on us all.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Not going to be fashionable or popular to say this, but I thought he spoke well and decisively just now.
I'll wait until he call's an election and has a menifesto before I listen to what he says. He was not elected he was selected. If he is so confident about what he is going to do then call one, if he is elected then I will listen.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I see Labour have brought out the big guns on Politics Live, Long-Bailey expressing her moderate views.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'll wait until he call's an election and has a menifesto before I listen to what he says. He was not elected he was selected. If he is so confident about what he is going to do then call one, if he is elected then I will listen.
I agree re an election, but I’ll listen now seeing as he’s PM, like I listened to Truss. Everyone knew Truss was incompetent from the get-go. I’ll just be happy with a safe pair of hands until Labour take over, then take a fresh look at Sunak in opposition

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I don't have an issue with people working hard and making money. That's the dream, isn't it? I do have an issue with billionaires hoarding wealth but that's a separate argument for a separate thread.

My issue is that, sometimes, the wealthy simply cannot understand the value of money. I'm not necessarily lumping Sunak in here before any knickers get twisted. But, hypothetically speaking, if a wealthy politician were to make a decision that takes £50 out of the pocket of everyone the value of that £50 is very different depending on the person.

For some it very literally is the difference between eating and not.

That's my concern towards the wealthy. The disconnect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here