Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Frutos

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After the game against Blackpool DW said one player had played his last game for The Albion, who was that, who has only played about 2 or 3 times since then ................................................................................................Frutos.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
A players application in training etc should tell a manager when a player is up for it or not, And when Frutos was given his chance he hardly took it did he? Look back at the West Ham game it was a great chance to show what he could do and show a bit of class but he never took it.

Firstly how do we know exactly what goes on in training? You can't say he didn't show he was up for it in training unless you stood their and watched it every day (which i'm assuming you don't). And which other players showed their class in the West Ham game? It seems people would rather question Frutos' application and ability (which he proved in the Championship) than DW's man management.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Plenty of out of form players had runs.

I am thinking Robinson, Mayo and others.

Robinson was part of a strike force that struggled all season and Mayo plays at left back so they had to be used more! Frutos never staked any kind of claim on the left wing and there were players like Cox who were well ahead of him in that position last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who has the highest squad numb er so least likely to feature.....................................................................................................................................No 27 Frutos.

This must answer all the questiions of how much DW rates him but what I can't understand is why. Perhaps if he had a TV for Dean White to fix he would figure in the plans more.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Firstly how do we know exactly what goes on in training? You can't say he didn't show he was up for it in training unless you stood their and watched it every day (which i'm assuming you don't). And which other players showed their class in the West Ham game? It seems people would rather question Frutos' application and ability (which he proved in the Championship) than DW's man management.

Your right I dont watch training but I guess you dont either so it's pointless disputing that bit! When we get down to the West Ham game well I saw more effort from the likes of Rents and Fraser when they came on than I did Frutos who started the game. Dont get me wrong I think Frutos has got good skill but a club like ours cant afford to carry passengers and that is what he was last season.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Your right I dont watch training but I guess you dont either so it's pointless disputing that bit! When we get down to the West Ham game well I saw more effort from the likes of Rents and Fraser when they came on than I did Frutos who started the game. Dont get me wrong I think Frutos has got good skill but a club like ours cant afford to carry passengers and that is what he was last season.

I agree - we can't afford to carry passengers but given a chance, i don't believe Frutos would be a passenger. Anyway, to judge a player on one or two 'bad' games in league one when he put in an excellent season in the championship is just stupid.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I agree - we can't afford to carry passengers but given a chance, i don't believe Frutos would be a passenger. Anyway, to judge a player on one or two 'bad' games in league one when he put in an excellent season in the championship is just stupid.

There's only one person who can prove the manager wrong and thats Frutos himself! He's either got the bottle to do it or he has'nt.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
There's only one person who can prove the manager wrong and thats Frutos himself! He's either got the bottle to do it or he has'nt.

Agreed, but surely any other manager would have played Frutos a little more last season after seeing what he had done in the Championship. The way he played in the Championship shows he can play in the english and has the bottle.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Agreed, but surely any other manager would have played Frutos a little more last season after seeing what he had done in the Championship. The way he played in the Championship shows he can play in the english and has the bottle.

Maybe the Championship is his level and he cant hack the more direct rough & tumble league 1 football? All I know is I saw nothing from him last season to suggest that he should've had a run in the team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you know Wilkins has'nt got intentions of playing Frutos or is it guess work like the rest of us do?

I am only going on what happened yesterday when DW fielded 2 completely different sides and still there was no room for Frutos. Plus he had 3 players, 2 of whom can play in midfield possibly all three, who didnt feature for some reason or another. I would suggest that is a fair indication that Frutos does not figure in DW plans for this season unless something drastic happens.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe the Championship is his level and he cant hack the more direct rough & tumble league 1 football? All I know is I saw nothing from him last season to suggest that he should've had a run in the team.

by the same token though, i saw nothing last season to suggest fraser should be given a run on the right, yet what happened?

although i havent seen the reserves, by all accounts it sounds as though frutos was one of their better players last season. if that is the case, then why did he not get a run at the end when the likes of elder and loft did?

the only thing i can put it down to is the blackpool match. we were shocking that day, and wilkins opbviously needed a scapegoat. rather than look for one of 'his' players, he went for the only real mcghee signing in the team in frutos. this was fair enough in some cases due to the sending off, which admittedly was a horrendous elbow. however, if wilkins is going to hold that against him, then by the same token he should treat tommy fraser exactly the same for stamping on the back of the bristol city goalkeeper. he should also do the same to adam el abd for his shocking reaction towards the crowd. he wont do this though because he is too loyal to his youth teamers

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
How could he possibly show enough to play when he wasn't playing in the first place! Every other player was given a chance except him.
you have to show something when you get the chance to get that run in the team
to often when given the chance he was very poor

as for your earlier comment on if he was good in the championship how is he not in league 1 may have had a lot to do with seb leaving, may not be as happy at the club without him and that has affected his form

i've no problem wit fruity was a big fan of his but just don't think he showed enough when given the chance last season

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Barry Lloyd did the same, still incomprehensible thing, of dropping Dean Saunders for Richard Tiltman. Sometimes your face just doesn't fit and it seems Frutos' doesn't. He's hardly been given an extended run or shown any faith at all by DW. There are probably reasons we are not party to but it seems our manager may just be cutting his nose off to spite his face for whatever reason. Frutos is undoubtably better than many who actually play, I've seen it with my own eyes so do not understand at all why he has been frozen out.

If it was McGhee there would be 10 threads about shit man management by now
Well McGhee also dropped Frutos at the end of 2005/6, and only played him against Brsitol City this season if memory serves, where he was absolutely dire. I also seem to remember him getting a decent run when Wilkins first took over, and doing nothing.

It's a shame as he looked a really good player at times in the Championship, although I think people are overstating it slightly, he had some excellent games, particularly when he first broke into the team, but really only a handful. Granted that was enough to make him one of the better players that season. :nono:

It's been a long time since he's shown any decent form, I watched most of the reserve home games last season and he wasn't that great.

Still with another year on his contract I'd have thought it would be worth starting this season with a clean slate, unless there is a possible move lined up.

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Frutos did get chances last year though but sadly he failed to take them. In fact every time he set foot on the pitch for the first team he was shocking :nono:

Hardly surprising Wilkins lost patience with him really. Its a real shame as we all know he has the talent:down:

Spot on i'm afraid to say....but Lofty playing is a joke....neither of them are up to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here