Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] No mow May

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
No mow May happened somewhat by accident, but it may also be extended a little while - not much time for gardening at the mo (HONK).
The ants have moved in, but we've had a lot of flowers up and plenty of grass seed for the birds too.
There is some form of tiny wild geranium, Jack-go-to-bed-at-noon, germander speedwell, buttercups, forget me nots, as well as the usual loads of daisies & dandelions.
Much nicer than just grass...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We’ve got two lawns at the back. One was a perfect ornamental lawn/mini football pitch 8 years ago. But I tired of the endless battle against Bird’s Foot Trefoil, moss and course grasses. This year I’ve not mowed that area at all, without seeding it already has Yellow-Rattle, Oxeye daisies, with countless bees and grasshoppers.

View attachment 183332
….and to think that photo covers just 1% of the smaller of the two lawns …almost as big as Dazzers estate

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We visited RHS Wisley today. I suspect this area would’ve been mowed lawns a few years ago. Spectacular now.

IMG_2162.jpeg

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I attempted to mow my lawn yesterday and sliced straight through the power cable

Odd rush of near simultaneous emotions
- I’m alive
- great - now I don’t have to mow the lawn
- dammit - now I have to mow it another day
- now I need to buy a new mower

Think I’m going battery powered next…
Yeah, love my battery mower, leaf blower, strimmer and hedge trimmer. My collection started with a blue flash and a pop on the final hedge cut of the season. :ROFLMAO:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I attempted to mow my lawn yesterday and sliced straight through the power cable

Odd rush of near simultaneous emotions
- I’m alive
- great - now I don’t have to mow the lawn
- dammit - now I have to mow it another day
- now I need to buy a new mower

Think I’m going battery powered next…
You can get repair kits that work pretty well if you don't want to buy another. Mrs decided to do me a HUGE favour a few years ago and try and mow the lawn whilst I was at work... except she sliced straight through the cable. Took me 15 minutes to repair and its still going strong 4 years later.

Amazon link to what I bought - https://shorturl.at/VjDeH

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Don't mow your lawn for the whole of May.

Provides a feast for pollinators, tackles pollution, reduce urban heat extremes, and lock away atmospheric carbon below ground.

Anyone else in?
I’m not but my next door neighbour is. He’s left the verge in front of his house go wild and to be honest it’s in a right state. It’s not as though any wild
flower seeds have been scattered in amongst the grass. I don’t think he can be arsed to cut it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m not but my next door neighbour is. He’s left the verge in front of his house go wild and to be honest it’s in a right state. It’s not as though any wild
flower seeds have been scattered in amongst the grass. I don’t think he can be arsed to cut it.

If only it was as simple as that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Mowed the lawn yesterday, 2ft high in places. It was hard work, lot of ants nests on the lawn now

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Our front and back garden was strimmered today after a six week visit from the gardener. Normally it is done every 3 weeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here