Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] No mow May

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Mowed the lawn yesterday, 2ft high in places. It was hard work, lot of ants nests on the lawn now
Begs the question, wtf was the point of letting it grow in the first place? I'm very much for eco friendly initiatives but it all seems bullshit to me this no mow may. Let the grass grow and minibeasts start to enjoy it before mowing it all down again and destroying their new home 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Begs the question, wtf was the point of letting it grow in the first place? I'm very much for eco friendly initiatives but it all seems bullshit to me this no mow may. Let the grass grow and minibeasts start to enjoy it before mowing it all down again and destroying their new home 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I think there’s truth in that. Mowing destroying the ecosystem on 1st June, before it’s really got going.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Won’t be mowing my postage stamp of a front lawn this month

IMG_8183.jpeg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think there’s truth in that. Mowing destroying the ecosystem on 1st June, before it’s really got going.
Still left two areas unmowed after . Better to have Now Mow May than not No Mow May

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Still left two areas unmowed after . Better to have Now Mow May than not No Mow May
I have an absolute horror of weeds and moss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here