Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non Boxing Day football [moved to Tue. December 18th]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
but with people visiting friends on boxing day inm coldean and moulescombe, there will be increase in parking anyway, so how will they know who is football and who is visiting family friends etc?

But maybe the residents of Coldean and Moulescoumbe will be the ones doing the visiting, leaving lots of lovely parking for everyone. Won't even matter if you block a driveway or two, as long as they remember not to come home before 5pm.

Well, better make it 7-ish in case we hang back for a few beers.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Good. Well done to the Football League. Why should thousands of fans and another club be totally messed about because the Albion are being embarrassingly cautious? Just man up BHAFC and get this game on like every other club in the country will be doing. Man United get 76,000 to Old Trafford and that's not in walking distance of most of Manchester, so why do we deserve special treatment? If the Albion dare to try and change it, I really hope they get stung for a huge fine.

I'd have thought this is fairly straightforward. If there is a threat to safety the police can do what they want. Clearly, on Boxing Day, there is no threat to safety whatsoever.

Another one of those rare occasions when i have to agree with you:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It can't be THAT hard/expensive to employ a couple of hundred stewards or to steward the route from the Pier to The Amex so people can WALK there and back, surely?

I wonder if the fact that we got Millwall has made any difference.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It can't be THAT hard/expensive to employ a couple of hundred stewards or to steward the route from the Pier to The Amex so people can WALK there and back, surely?

I wonder if the fact that we got Millwall has made any difference.

So all the stewards live within walking distance of the pier, and are prepared to walk to the Amex, then walk back again. That would make for a really happy Christmas.
If the club cannot guarentee that the correct number of stewards can get there, then that is another reason why they will seek to postone the fixtue.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
So all the stewards live within walking distance of the pier, and are prepared to walk to the Amex, then walk back again. That would make for a really happy Christmas.
If the club cannot guarentee that the correct number of stewards can get there, then that is another reason why they will seek to postone the fixtue.

Who mentioned any thing about the Stewards living within walking distance of the pier,do you have problems with reading

Jameson

Hang on lads, I've just had a brilliant idea. Lets play Millwall in the morning on the 29th, then settle down for a few beers/pies, then play Watford at 5.20pm. We've pretty much got two teams, local football does double headers all the time, we can maximise the use of the stadium, trains, buses, you name it.

Sorted! :thumbsup:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
P&R Boxing Day?

There must be about 1500 spaces at the university then there's the 500? At Bennetts field and 500 at falmer high school, there are fields you can use opposite the ground, pay some farmer off. Then the racecourse and and Mithras house and Mill Road sites, we could buy a car park in town for the day is our sustainable transport levy to pay for it as we wot be using it on the trains.

Lets have an anti sustainability day and get everyone to come in by car!

It really does make us two bit that we can't put this game on.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Who mentioned any thing about the Stewards living within walking distance of the pier,do you have problems with reading

No I can read perfectly well thank you. But in case you didnt absorb the crux of the problem, there might not be any trains or buses on Boxing Day.
How do you propose to get all the stewards to the Amex, or do they all live local. Just maybe, some of the stewards rely on buses and trains.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
No I can read perfectly well thank you. But in case you didnt absorb the crux of the problem, there might not be any trains or buses on Boxing Day.
How do you propose to get all the stewards to the Amex, or do they all live local. Just maybe, some of the stewards rely on buses and trains.

About 50-60% plus many azure staff i would guess.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We could play the game behind closed doors ???
Or maybe the club could reimburse STH who can't make to the game ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If there's all these totally unused twelve carriage trains sitting in sidings all over the place on Boxing Day, couldn't the club just charter a couple, throw away the timetable and run a leaves-Falmer-only-when-full shuttle between Brighton-Falmer-Lewes? How hard could it be?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
P&R Boxing Day?

If there's all these totally unused twelve carriage trains sitting in sidings all over the place on Boxing Day, couldn't the club just charter a couple, throw away the timetable and run a leaves-Falmer-only-when-full shuttle between Brighton-Falmer-Lewes? How hard could it be?

Health and safety regulations I expect.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Unless I was dreaming, I heard yesterday that the match is being moved from Boxing Day as clearly we can't play if fans can't get there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There must be about 1500 spaces at the university then there's the 500? At Bennetts field and 500 at falmer high school, there is a national park, heavily protected for its landscape character by statute, you can use opposite the ground, pay some farmer off. Then the racecourse and and Mithras house and Mill Road sites, we could buy a car park in town for the day is our sustainable transport levy to pay for it as we wot be using it on the trains.

Lets have an anti sustainability day and get everyone to come in by car!

It really does make us two bit that we can't put this game on.
Corrected for accuracy.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
How did people get home after the FBS concerts? There were no trains afterwards were there? Were the park and rides operating? I appreciate there were fewer people there than for a match but presumably the Falmer High School car park wasn't operational at that time?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How did people get home after the FBS concerts? There were no trains afterwards were there? Were the park and rides operating? I appreciate there were fewer people there than for a match but presumably the Falmer High School car park wasn't operational at that time?

I understand there was 24k on the Saturday...a comparable figure to the expected Boxing Day match. Neither the Sussex Uni or Falmer School parking were available. I got a taxi home.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

My son and his mates walked back into the centre of town, as I understand many others did also.

As well as FBS, wasnt the station closed for the Festival last Saturday at Stanmer park.

And to think that games used to be played on Christmas Day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here