Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone "penalty"-any footage?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a great view at the south end of WSL, it was a blatant dive. Most around me were laughing that the ref didn't book him.

Same here. I was surprised Noone wasn't booked.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
According to people I've spoken to who were in the South, Noone did go down theatrically but there was definite contact and it should have been a penalty.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I was in front row of the south and there was definite contact but i think it goes in the category of "seen them given". He did make a little of it but my Burnley mate also thought it was one that could have gone either way and thought we were unlucky especillay after what had gone on before.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
According to people I've spoken to who were in the South, Noone did go down theatrically but there was definite contact and it should have been a penalty.

Definite contact, but was it a foul?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Contact...definite foul...in the box...if not then ref should have booked him for diving...which he did'nt...this ref would've have found some reason to disallow any perfect goal we scored....did he get a lift back up north with the Burnley coach

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Contact...definite foul...in the box...if not then ref should have booked him for diving...which he did'nt...this ref would've have found some reason to disallow any perfect goal we scored....did he get a lift back up north with the Burnley coach

I really do think some people need to re-read the rules. Contact does not necessarily mean a foul. And just because a referee does not give a foul it does not automatically mean a player is diving. Although in this case (first Noone incident) I do feel it was a dive.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
it was no way a pen. We all laughed at it.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
was in WSL 10 rows back and in line with the incident. It was a dive and not a very good one at that. However, can't believe the ref allowed the Burnley player to barge Noone over when running at pace through the middle shortly after the second sending off.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
only seen it on player and it did look a penalty the other guy looks to have caught him not just once but twice

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
sorry but am bit confused there was the ''penalty'' incident..which i must admit i thought not...and then the one where he was making a good run towards goal...and certainly was brought down ..but then the ref thought he tripped over a blade of grass.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I was near the front of the WSU, at the south end and from my view he kicked the ball too far in front of him, reaslised he wouldn't get it, saw the defender and started going down as he began running past him. Terrible terrible dive. There was indeed a lot of chuckling in the crowd at how blatant it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here