Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The point i was trying was because he has scored goals for Celtic does not mean he can do it down here

I think he will wind down his contract and go back to France

He is not coming to the Albion
Yes, I think you and I both made that point about 20 pages ago!

If he does wind down his £19K a week contract and return to France (where I doubt he'll even get that much), his agent will likely be spitting feathers - "Sacre bleu, quelle le fuque didn't you accept Brighton's offer to just double your wages? If you'd scored 15 a season for them, they'd near on have doubled it again, or sold you to someone who'd pay even more. Vous dumb cochon!"
That is, of course, if we were even interested in the first place ........................................

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Marinelli ? Was he a jock I seem to remember the name from one of those tea/ cigarette cards as a kid
Peter Marinello. Signed for Arsenal from Hibs for a club record fee. Dubbed the next George Best. Scored on his debut and then went on to score a total of 3 goals in 38 appearances. Not sure what the original attraction was for Arsenal as he'd only scored 5 in 45 appearances for Hibs.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Peter Marinello. Signed for Arsenal from Hibs for a club record fee. Dubbed the next George Best. Scored on his debut and then went on to score a total of 3 goals in 38 appearances. Not sure what the original attraction was for Arsenal as he'd only scored 5 in 45 appearances for Hibs.
Didn't he end up at Pompey ?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Yes, I think both you and I both made that point about 20 pages ago!

If he does wind down his £19K a week contract aand return to France (where I doubt he'll even get that much), his agent will likely be spitting feathers - "Sacre bleu, quelle le fuque didn't you accept Brighton's offer to just double your wages? If you'd scored 15 a season for them, they'd near on have doubled it again, or sold you to someone who'd pay even more. Vous dumb cochon!"
That is, of course, if we were even interested in the first place ........................................

Yes we did

I should have thought my post out a bit more.I just cannot believe anyone thinks he can add anything to our team.There is a reason his agent is trying to stir up interest,there is none!!

I keep looking at the thread thinking he has signed for someone else!!

Its the hope that kills you

Thanks

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ok.Forget the fact that he plays for Celtic.

I cannot see him adding anything to our team

The argus and Naylor have rubbished the story.He is not coming

FACT

Thoroughly bored with this rumour now, I’m more excited in wondering whether the sun might shine tomorrow

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1652 posts for a player Albion are not bidding for ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he singed yet? ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes we did

I should have thought my post out a bit more.I just cannot believe anyone thinks he can add anything to our team.There is a reason his agent is trying to stir up interest,there is none!!

I keep looking at the thread thinking he has signed for someone else!!

Its the hope that kills you

Thanks
Well, we've successfully side-stepped tap-in Tammy, so fingers crossed. The more I think about it, the more a front three on Maupay, Mac Allister and Moder appeals to me. Let's just get the proverbial BG Memorial LB in, and a Lamptey stand in (so Veltman can play RCB) and I'd rate that as a super window - only surpassed if we can find good homes for Locadia and Tau, and three or four more good loan outs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
CELTIC strikers

Leeds signed Jordan from St Mirren as a kid

Mccoist started his career at St Johnstone and was hardly a raging success at Sunderland was he? Thats why he ended up back in Scotland

So you didn’t read my correction above!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you could get the club to give us a clue who they are really after this thread could die a death.

That's not a good idea really though is it ?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Didn't he end up at Pompey ?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes, according to Wiki. I didn't know that, but for some reason his transfer to Arsenal always remained in my memory even though I was only 8 at the time. I've no idea why, but I've had this inexplicable Peter Marinello shaped space in my brain ever since. So as soon as the other poster mentioned "Marinelli" I instantly knew who he was talking about.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I remember the hype when he signed for Arsenal, didn’t realise just how much he actually was like George Best…off the pitch

Peter Marinello was the footballing sensation of 1970. His record £100,000 transfer from Hibs to Arsenal made front page headlines and he was instantly hailed as the new George Best. Within weeks, he had appeared on Top of the Pops, secured a modelling contract and had his own football column in the Daily Express. But drinking and reckless behaviour were already a part of his life. In three years at Arsenal, Marinello played only 51 games and was eventually transferred to Portsmouth. More drinking, involvement with gangsters, his wife running off with a DJ, swindled out of all his money, bankruptcy, being arrested for attempted murder, having to buy heroin for his addicted son... From the highs, Peter Marinello's life plummeted to terrible lows until he pulled his life back round. It is an extraordinary story.

I remember Peter Marinello. I was assistant manager at a hotel in Seven Sisters Road opposite Finsbury park close to Highbury and he stayed with us when he first signed for Arsenal. We had a hotel team playing in the London hotels league and he joined us for a kickabout on a few occasions.

As did Geoff Barnett, signed by Arsenal from Everton when Bob Wilson broke his arm. I remember going in goal against him once and boy could he kick a ball! He also enjoyed night clubs and a couple of times I went with him (he paid!)

Happy football watching days for me; free Arsenal tickets from Geoff or Bob McNab one weekend and free Spurs ticket from a Spurs director the next. Can't remember his name but he stayed with us on Friday nights and I used to park his Armstrong Sidley when he arrived, complete with empty scotch bottles rolling around on the floor.

Happy days!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I am struggling to think of any Celtic strikers that have come south and done the business.The only names i can come up with are Brian Mc Clair and before that Kenny Dalgleish

I would rather see Big Jurg back in the team than spunk ANY money on this guy

Someone PLEASE sign him(but not us!!)

Frank McAvennie, Charlie Nicholas :) Southampton took VVD to the PL and Kieran Tierney is a fabulous player although obviously both are not strikers. Celtic have produced some world class players which is not surprising they are a massive club.

Dembele hasn’t done bad has he? Would of been a decent signing for us.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Frank McAvennie, Charlie Nicholas :) Southampton took VVD to the PL and Kieran Tierney is a fabulous player although obviously both are not strikers. Celtic have produced some world class players which is not surprising they are a massive club.

Dembele hasn’t done bad has he? Would of been a decent signing for us.

Yawn yawn yawn

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Apparently Palace are now sniffing around and it's reported that their fans will be ecstatic if they nick a player from us that we were never interested in.

Such is the state of the football rumours business.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
THIS is how threads should be de railed
Not squabbling over nothing
anecdotes of different people s memory s
Some cracking info on Marinelli
Not sussed how to do multiple quotes yet so cap doffed also to icy and the other OPs as well
Or even Cadiz's one doh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here