Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official (at last): Palace sign Murray

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Agreed he was a good striker... on his day, which towards the end of his contract he really was good (may a reason why?). However, where do you get the idea he is a top quality established Championship striker when he has never played there? If Barnes started every game he would have certainly scored more goals, infact Barnes should have scpred more goals with the chances he missed.

One side of Murrays game that will be missed is his hold up play, which was good, you could see that after the Southampton game. However, I hope he f*cks up big time and has a slow poor start and has the pikeys on his back early doors :)

I presume a top quality established striker is what we are going to do to replace Murray with? I think Bloom and Gus surely have a replacement in mind, otherwise they ultimately would have paid him the 10k a week. Although I am confident that we'll sign a good quality striker, I am still disappointed that he's gone simply because there aren't many strikers like him, on his day a quality player.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
There's no doubt about the fact he can be a good player but he has to be motivated to prove it, The way he performed this season compared to the rest of his time here are miles apart. Yes he scored goals before this season but his whole style of play was lazy and he had a general could'nt be arsed atitude about him that frustrated many including myself. If Palace can keep him on top of his game then they've got a bloody good striker on they're hands but now he's got a 3 year contract sorted if he does the same there as he done here then they've got 2 years of frustration before they see what he's really capable of.

I disagree about the lazy bit, I think last year his workrate was high, in the games such as Charlton at home? He was a class above last year and will be a big miss next season. Will he be good at Palace first season? We will see, to be fair on him when he come down here, the first year must have been hard because of the area etc (North to South). While now he maybe used to living down South. It also depends on the manager Freedman. I think we will sign a good quality striker or two, but I don't know many players who are like Murray, which is why I think he will be missed.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
W£nker. Cannot wait for you to return Glen, we'll be waiting, just hope you thought it was worth it.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Have any of you palace guys seen him play? He is pretty good but he needs good service. Why pay a player so much when he has only scored 20 goals a season in one season, with Gus Poyet, who isn't your manager. Your manager doesn't even come close.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
What can I say. Absolutely gutted is an understatement. Glenn was the greatest player I have ever seen grace an Albion jersey. The Berbatov of League 1? I think to call Berbatov the Murray of the Premier League would be more apt.

This has taken a massive shine off moving into the Amex next season. With Glenn we had a hope of getting a result against Palace. That hope has now been extinguished.

How could you do this Glenn?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I presume a top quality established striker is what we are going to do to replace Murray with? I think Bloom and Gus surely have a replacement in mind, otherwise they ultimately would have paid him the 10k a week. Although I am confident that we'll sign a good quality striker, I am still disappointed that he's gone simply because there aren't many strikers like him, on his day a quality player.

I think we refused his wage demands because it woud have had a knock on effect on the wages of the other players.

Bloom has said that whilst he has paid for the stadium, we must live within our means and the club must be self financing. That of course is not something that Palace have a good history of doing,

No doubt other Palace players will now be asking for more money.

As far as Murray goes, a huge loss IMO, we wouldn't have got promoted without him, but I'm waiting to see what squad we have by the 6th of May before I decide whether we'll miss him next year.

I just wonder whether I can reach the pitch with a pigs head from the WSU!

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
What is he gaining?
Amex vs a Shed
Tony Bloom Vs Administrators
A sound squad vs Ambrose

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
What can I say. Absolutely gutted is an understatement. Glenn was the greatest player I have ever seen grace an Albion jersey. The Berbatov of League 1? I think to call Berbatov the Murray of the Premier League would be more apt.

This has taken a massive shine off moving into the Amex next season. With Glenn we had a hope of getting a result against Palace. That hope has now been extinguished.How could you do this Glenn?
:lol::lol::bigwave:

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh

This has taken a massive shine off moving into the Amex next season. With Glenn we had a hope of getting a result against Palace. That hope has now been extinguished.

How could you do this Glenn?

Sorry, but What a load of shit!! He wasnt a patch on a whole host of ex Albion players, Ward, Zamora to to name just two! He had one good season because he had one eye on getting a good deal somewhere at the end of his contract, the other 2 and a half years he was a moody lazy shit. Well rid!

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Not sure if this is a good move for Glenn. Palace are a poor side who struggled to score goals last season. James Vaughan (proven Premiership player) top scored for them with nine goals ! So it's plain they don't create many chances.

Perhaps Murray only likes the prospect of a new stadium and not actually playing in them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, but What a load of shit!! He wasnt a patch on a whole host of ex Albion players, Ward, Zamora to to name just two! He had one good season because he had one eye on getting a good deal somewhere at the end of his contract, the other 2 and a half years he was a moody lazy shit. Well rid!
Be fair, Smithy has probably only been supporting us for 3 years.

PALACEFAN

Banned
May 24, 2011
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

your best player joined us for free! hahahahahahaha

can't wait til we destroy your poxy little club next year :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here