Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Match Thread ****Crystal Palace -V- Brighton and Hove Albion****

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Signing off NSC tonight before I get a permanent ban.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I have not seen a minute of it - but a player sent off and a loss by 3-1 you just have to hold your hands up - say well done to Palace and move on. They have a top of the table team. That is not luck or cheating.

Murray is still a mardy-arsed northern Judas. And a **** to boot.

No... If you can't be bothered to go you won't have seen Barnes & CMS miss the 2 best non goal chances of the game that could easily have put us 2-1 up

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, I suppose bragging rights are slightly diminished by winning at home, against ten men, and with the help of two penalties - still not a good day for us, though.

Br5ing on the next match!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I agree. Dunk looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Bolasie was different gravy and we all know what Murray can do. Fair play to him for not celebrating again.

Did he not take the pen because he didn't want to score a hat-trick against us?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just for what it is worth, I though Bruno was very poor today. Little flicks giving the ball away. Didn't seem to have any understanding of the situation and was showboating when he should have been keeping the ball.

May 2, 2010
I don't think we'll spend loadsamoney in January because we have to live within our means and the budget will not be blown before FFP is introduced.

ClelsKKKi don't seem to be paying too much attention to FFP, probably will spend another £100 million in January and another £200 million in the summer plus when Rafa goes Guardiola will be offered £15 million per year?

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Bollox Gus

Barnes on ?

No defender on the bench in a derby game ?

Bollox about we could not afford Murray while we waste money on a player who is missing. I think on a personal level you just did not like him.

Man up Gus you f***ed up today feckin 3-0 for christ sake.

We had better beat them at the Amex.

Take this as a lesson.
To be fair, despite his glaring miss I thought Barnes was one of our better players today. Credit where credits due.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That was a very difficult watch.

• To be blunt, we were very very poor.
  • Dunk being on the field wouldn't have made too much difference.
  • Bolasie controlled the match and Bruno was made a complete idiot, he was awful.
  • Dunks red can't rally be contested, it may have been a tiny bit harsh so early in the game but I'd say 75% of ref's would have given a straight red.
  • Murray made contact with Tomasz, not the other way around, Murray 'won' the penalty.
  • Not much else to say about the rest of the match, it was entirely boring.

If anyone is to blame, it's Gus and his tactics. He seems to bottle every big game. Last season at Southampton and West Ham are 2 examples off the top of my head where Gus clammed up resulting in us getting thoroughly embarrassed.
8 wins in 20 did somebody say? I hope this isn't completely accurate?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am literally speechless that I'm reading things like 'fair play to Murray for not celebrating'.

Fair play? FAIR f***ing play?

Once he's cheated us by diving for the pen in the first place, he's shown what lack of respect he has for us. After that, I couldn't give two shits whether or not he celebrates actually scoring it.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I am literally speechless that I'm reading things like 'fair play to Murray for not celebrating'.

Once he's cheated us by diving for the pen in the first place, he's shown what lack of respect he has for us. After that, I couldn't give two shits whether or not he celebrates actually scoring it.

Fair play would involve not diving and he certainly did dive. As did most of his team mates with great regularity

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle

Not condoning his actions but how many times did he go down like that to win us pens/free kicks in L1?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Fair play would involve not diving and he certainly did dive. As did most of his team mates with great regularity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here