Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official "Thanks Danny" thread

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I hope you have rubbed off on some of the young defenders here and they will go on to be decent players in years to come.

Good luck, you will be missed.

I remember your debut, I think the first thing you did was hoof the ball up in the air. But you scored so I'll let you off!

:bowdown: :albion: :bowdown: :albion: :bowdown: :albion: :bowdown: :albion: :bowdown: :albion: :bowdown: :albion: :bowdown:

I think the writing was on the wall ever since you punched Robbie Pethick Football Genius at Swindon! :jester:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Yes - Chesterfield. A leader's performance. A leader's goal.

I really hope it works out for you at Sheffield Utd and am only sorry we couldn't offer you the stadium your talents deserved.

Thanks Danny!

:clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
PFA team of the year 3 years out of 4. MOM at Cardiff. Chesterfield goal. Skipper of double championship team. Of such things as legends are made of..

The skipper is dead, long live the skipper.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
2004060600570951.jpg

Goodbye Danny, :wave: :(

You have been the heart and soul of this football club on the pitch for the past five memorable years.

It's no coincidence that your spell at the Albion has coincided with it's most successful period.

There is no doubt you have left you mark on this club and your will always be welcome in Brighton and Sussex as a whole.

Good luck and make sure United end up in the Premiership!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'll join in on this one!

Thank you, Danny, for all you've done for the club. We'll miss you here, but good luck for the future.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Thanks for all the memories Danny. Albion legend for ever more good luck with your dreams of playing in the premiership only a shame we couldnt take you there.

Best wishes and good luck.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Thanks for everything, Danny, and all the best for your future career. As others have said, you've been the heartbeat of the club for the last five years. Your commitment to the cause and your attitude towards the supporters have been unmatched. In all my 35 years of watching the Albion, I honestly can't think of a goal that has given me more pleasure than your winner against Chesterfield. It really did feel that the phoenix had risen from the ashes that night. You'll be sorely missed, but will always get a hero's welcome when you play us.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Thanks for everything Danny. Here are some lyrics from one of your favourite bands that are kind of apt. All the best mate;

BURNING SKY Lyrics
Artist(Band):The Jam Review The Song (0)

Dear,
How are things in your little world, I hope they're going well and you are too.
Do you still see the same old crowd, the ones who used to meet every Friday.
I'm really sorry that I can't be there but work comes first, I'm sure you'll understand.
Things are really taking off for me business is thriving and I'm showing a profit and.
And in any case it wouldn't be the same, 'cause we've all grown up and we've got our lives
and the values that we had once upon a time, seem stupid now 'cause the rent must be paid
and some bonds severed and others made.

Now I don't want you to get me wrong, ideals are fine when you are young and I must admit
we had a laugh, but that's all it was and ever will be, 'cause the Burning Sky keeps
burning bright. And as long as it does (and it always will), there's no time for dreams
when commerce calls. And the taxman's shouting 'cause he wants his dough and the wheels of
finance won't begin to slow.

And it's only us realists who are gonna come through 'cause there's only one power higher
than that of truth and that's the Burning Sky.

Oh and by the way I must tell you, before I sign off, that I've got a meeting next week,
with the head of a big corporate I can't disclose who but I'm sure you'll know it and.
And the Burning Sky - keeps burning bright. And it won't turn off til it's had enough,
it's the greedy bastard who won't give up, and you're just a dreamer if you don't realize,
and the sooner you do will be the better for you, then we'll all be happy and we'll all be
wise and all bow down to the Burning Sky.

Then we'll all be happy and we'll all be wise and together we will live beneath the
Burning Sky.

Last edited:

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
First onto the pitch, always the last off it. The word "legend" is used too much these days, but never has a Brighton player deserved it more.

Good luck to you and your family in Sheffield. Remember now, a full-length diving own-goal header will do just nicely on Jan 15th.

Up the Albion

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
One of the best signings Micky or any other Brighton manager for that matter ever made, and it is no sentimental exaggeration to say that with him leaving one of the last ties to the great Adams era has been severed, and it really is a different club.

Cullip has been an inspirational leader, we've relied (over-relied, some might say) on team spirit in the past few years, and he has been the catalyst.

I'll never forget the goal against Chesterfield, but that wouldn't begin to capture the contribution. All the best at the Blades, if I'm completely honest I don't think Danny is a Premiership defender, but has proved he can cut it in the Championship when many in the past would have dismissed him as a lower-league player. That takes talent, belief and guts.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
All the best at your new club Danny.

Thanks for all the work you did for us, and for everything you have taught our younger players. Not just on the field, but how to conduct yourself off it. You will be missed, and I hope you come back one day!

Your header against Chesterfield in the last minute, up to lifting the play off final trophy are just two great memories.. You will be, and will continue to be, an Albion legend.

Best of luck in the future.

Richard Tipple

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Thanks for everything, big fella.

I don't think I'll ever get used to you not playing for the Albion, it seems like you've been around here for ever.

It wasn't just the skill, the defence, the header against Chesterfield. It was the way everyone else on the park looked up to you - whether Albion or not. The best skipper I've seen.

Good luck up with the Blades. The least you can do for us is get them promoted - you deserve it (just, please, not at our expense!)

M

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Thanks Danny for sticking with us, I know it couldn't have been easy and you probably felt you could do better.

Well thanks for sticking it out with us as long as you have. You've been a true legend for us.

Hope it all works out for you up in Sheffield.

We're going to miss you. Cheers though for everything.

:bowdown:

rocketman

Jul 26, 2004
Thanks Danny

It's been a pleasure to watch you for the past five years and good luck at Sheffield and in the future.

Please take them to the Premiership so we can get some more money!

You will be greatly missed. Come back and see us at Falmer and you will always be sure of a warm welcome.

Cheers

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One word: Chesterfield :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here