Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Older ‘experienced pro’ signing?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Now we have Dunk, Gross and Veltman in addition to Welbeck and Milner, this seems a little uneccessary? But who knows, we might get a gem
I've always assumed that, with Milner and Lallana in particular, the point was less that they're old and experienced in general, but more that they'd been senior players in teams that have actually developed and won things.

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
I get the thinking old heads can help the younger players yet do I want to watch Milner play on a Saturday, not really.
For some reason I have never felt comfortable with this Lallana/Milner big experience thing from the start. Days of I used to clean the boots have gone. Young players now need a bit more encouragement.
Not sure Trossard wanted to get out like Cucarella, or was quickly isolated?
Fati the same IMO.
Might be wrong but the unsettled the balance when experience was brought in

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Based purely on the thread title, Cynthia Payne or Heidi Fleiss could still do a job.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Guess our ageing demographic is still thinking in ye oldene ways where your club retained your best players from season to season and upgraded maybe one or two players in the summer, one of whom may or may not have been a marquee signing. Unless your owner is a petro-state those days are gone forever :down:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We need to find a big texican to go with our new texican manager

Y’all know it

Yeeeeehawww

Attachments

• IMG_2334.png
    IMG_2334.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 5

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
We couldn’t……..could we?

Did you miss my scoop above?!

I can imagine the ink is drying on the contracts right about now 😎

***ansfer Ticker Tape***MJsGhost's La La Land Transfer Ticker Tape***MJsGhost's La La Land Transfer Ticker Tape***MJsGhost's La La Land Tr***

How about a cheeky enquiry for Joshua Kimmich? Just a year left on his Bayern contract and rumours are that he could be available... Can cover RB very well indeed, though prefers CDM.

Aside from the c £30m (+WAGES) required for a 29 yr old with little/no resale value and reported interest from Barcelona and Arsenal, what's not to like?! :lolol:

Once we have announced Hurzeler and Agent Gross has had a word at the Euros, it'll basically just be a case of when, not if. Yeah?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here