Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As things stand CURRENTLY Palace are more likely to get into Europe than us but things can and probably will change before kickoff
True, there is a lot willy waving here about the Albion and if I take my rose tinted spectacles off for a while.
There is a fag paper between us at the moment, if anything them up the road, look healthier especially not knowing who is coming in to replace the whinging Italian wonder manager that seemed to have given up towards the end of the season.

Our talent was mainly plucked last season, theirs is ripe for picking, I think we will be neck and neck next season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don’t know this for a fact but I think Palace ran us close for injured first team players out for lengthy periods last season, as did a couple of other clubs, but their managers didn’t whinge about it in every presser?
I think we were worse hit by first team injuries, but they were equally badly hit with overall squad injuries.

Our biggest issue was having all wide players injured/unavailable at the same time at crucial points of the season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Padded seats, unrestricted views and we still feck off on 85mins
Well hopefully Palace sell Olise, our returnees come back firing on all cylinders, leaving Palace with our emptying stadium as their only bragging right.

"Decent transport links, You'll never sing that!"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well hopefully Palace sell Olise, our returnees come back firing on all cylinders, leaving Palace with our emptying stadium as their only bragging right.

Last time we played them I seem to remember their fans leaving before ours

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
True, there is a lot willy waving here about the Albion and if I take my rose tinted spectacles off for a while.
There is a fag paper between us at the moment, if anything them up the road, look healthier especially not knowing who is coming in to replace the whinging Italian wonder manager that seemed to have given up towards the end of the season.

Our talent was mainly plucked last season, theirs is ripe for picking, I think we will be neck and neck next season.

You should be able to find a way to profit from that insight given that we are generally 20/1 to get relegated while Palace are evaluated as being significantly weaker and around 8/1 odds for the drop...

(or do those odds reflect a likelihood of Palace being hit by points reduction?)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You should be able to find a way to profit from that insight given that we are generally 20/1 to get relegated while Palace are evaluated as being significantly weaker and around 8/1 odds for the drop...

(or do those odds reflect a likelihood of Palace being hit by points reduction?)
What ?. Points deduction where did that spring from( your head I would think 😁)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Crikey, that’s a new one. Are they really? I don’t think you lose points for failing to build a financially ring-fenced new stand, do you?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Crikey, that’s a new one. Are they really? I don’t think you lose points for failing to build a financially ring-fenced new stand, do you?
I think they have made that up for self satisfaction.

I know it’s not the size of debt it’s the affordability, but this was in something I read today about football finance….how true it is I don’t know ?

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpeg
    IMG_0351.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 108

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
On a serious note, and not taking the Mickey, has the new stand been started, I’d read you’d got the piece of land you needed?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think they have made that up for self satisfaction.

I know it’s not the size of debt it’s the affordability, but this was in something I read today about football finance….how true it is I don’t know ?
Whoever has pulled that list together has applied an arbitrary annual interest charge on each debt.
There will be many on that list who will be paying some of their debts at much higher interest rates.
Others will be paying significantly lower rates.

There is no interest charges on our debt (Tony Bloom)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
On a serious note, and not taking the Mickey, has the new stand been started, I’d read you’d got the piece of land you needed?

I don’t know about the stand, but the away changing rooms are moving to under the Holmesdale stand, next to the press area so the current porta cabbing scan be removed / changed into something else.

Rumours have it that it will be started after the big boxing match that is being held this summer ( I don’t know who it is as I know sweet FA about boxing) but I certainly won’t be holding my breath and waiting for that to happen.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Well, today I am a very proud Palace fan having 4 players in the final squad and well done to your Lewis as well, it’s great to have players who don’t play for the big six play for England.
You have every right to feel proud, your boys have done well and you had a good season.
But SURELY you must be a little worried about the attention?

Selling Guehi, Wharton, Olise and Eze in July/August - all of them to our "secret" London based investment bank - while we're adding Zaha and Wan Bissaka in our next charge for continental football. Looking dark, mate. Looking real dark.

• Love
Reactions: loz

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
With all the Palace players named in the England Euro squad
I can see Palace claiming themselves as Euro 2024 winners just as West Ham claim to have won the 1966 World Cup - let’s hope it’s Dunk who scored the winner in the final 🤦🏻‍♂️

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Well, today I am a very proud Palace fan having 4 players in the final squad and well done to your Lewis as well, it’s great to have players who don’t play for the big six play for England.
Agreed. Well done to the Palace players. No doubt that there are some talented players that play for our clubs.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
With all the Palace players named in the England Euro squad
I can see Palace claiming themselves as Euro 2024 winners just as West Ham claim to have won the 1966 World Cup - let’s hope it’s Dunk who scored the winner in the final 🤦🏻‍♂️
As if dunk will be in the side 🙂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here