Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
So where is the money coming from as the US contingent seemed to want out as they like the look of Everton? Where’s Parish getting the money from as he hasn’t got it.
Only relaying what it said in the article, I don’t know where the money comes from I am a football fan not some sort of financial guru….isn’t there someone who posts on here known for all that dullard stuff?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I don’t think it has, really. Olise was an obvious departure if a top club came in for him, because at £65m he represents incredible value and will very quickly be an elite player at Bayern.

Eze will cost a similar fee but isn’t quite as talented, and isn’t an obvious a bargain. I wouldn’t be surprised if we kept him.

Wharton isn’t going anywhere, Guehi might but we’d be demanding an enormous fee after his excellent England performances, etc.

We’ve got of money to spend in any case, and it’ll be very exciting to see what Dougie does with it. I think we’re going to be moving very aggressively in the market this summer.
I’d worry more what your investors will do with the money, it isn’t Dougie’s choice.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Only relaying what it said in the article, I don’t know where the money comes from I am a football fan not some sort of financial guru….isn’t there someone who posts on here known for all that dullard stuff?
I think, in fairness, this may play out as the investors want some cash back and future signings and your stand may be the losers

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
We’ll see, Paddy. I would wager that neither Eze and Guehi will be Palace players next season.

What’s a “statement signing” for Palace in your opinion? For us Albion fans, that’s £30m on a young player who you may have just about heard of.
It’s certainly possible but I still think it’s unlikely. £68m on Eze is an awful lot of money for a player that doesn’t always turn up in big matches, and the club will drive a harder bargain for Guehi after this week’s developments & his England performances.

I think our replacement will be Matias Soule from Juventus. Supposedly Dougie is very keen and has been tracking him for ages. It also wouldn't surprise me if we managed to convince Summerville that his ambitions would be best served by a few years at Palace.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Given that Dougie signed a new contract only a few weeks ago and turned down a lucrative offer from Newcastle, I’d imagine he’ll have been given reassurances in that department.

Well if he's been given reassurances then everything will definitely be ok

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
@loz
Never trust a palace fan who doesn’t like Parish, what he and his team have done for Palace in the last 14 years is unbelievable it's the most successful period in Crystal Palace history, mistakes have been made but at the moment we have a 50 million pound class one academy, the U18s and u23s have both had a cracking season the women’s team have been promoted and the men’s team achieved 10th in the hardest league in the world…and someone doesn’t like the man who under his stewardship this has happened…good grief!

It would be like a Brighton fan disliking Tony Bloom, utter madness.

With spin like that, you should be writing election leaflets for the Tories.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Not being negative just quoted my good Palace mates, but they don’t trust Parish, so can you really believe that no transfer money
Be spent on new stand?, you don’t appear to have a lot of money and have to satisfy FFP. Think I am being realistic not negative.
I love your palace mates story’s 🙂

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
£50m towards the new stand…

I'm sure Reading will have a sell on clause, seems standard practice.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'm sure Reading will have a sell on clause, seems standard practice.
10% according to Telegraph. Palace fans can’t be happy with that. Best player they’ve had in years sold for £50m, £5m of which is add ons, and 10% goes to Reading. So into the kitty today goes around £40m, £32m initial profit on the £8m purchase. Just seems low in today’s numbers given a new deal was so recently agreed. It’s not like it’s a years old agreement that has been outgrown by the players success.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
10% according to Telegraph. Palace fans can’t be happy with that. Best player they’ve had in years sold for £50m, £5m of which is add ons, and 10% goes to Reading. So into the kitty today goes around £40m, £32m initial profit on the £8m purchase. Just seems low in today’s numbers given a new deal was so recently agreed. It’s not like it’s a years old agreement that has been outgrown by the players success.
Don't forget the player is getting a percentage as well...

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The unusual thing is palace seem to have been proactive and have signed a couple of players already. In Daichi Kamala and Chadi Riad, so Glasner must have known who and what he wants out of his players and if they make 100 million say will have a nice little war chest of money ?

Isn't Riad brought in to replace Tomkins. 4/5th choice?

Did I imagine Palace took a £200m loan out?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It’s certainly possible but I still think it’s unlikely. £68m on Eze is an awful lot of money for a player that doesn’t always turn up in big matches, and the club will drive a harder bargain for Guehi after this week’s developments & his England performances.

I think our replacement will be Matias Soule from Juventus. Supposedly Dougie is very keen and has been tracking him for ages. It also wouldn't surprise me if we managed to convince Summerville that his ambitions would be best served by a few years at Palace.

His performances for England, aren't strengthening Palace's hand as things stand.

At present , the main driver on Guehi's price is the length of his contract.
Guehi will only be open to extending, if he gets offered a share of any transfer profits, like Olise did last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here