Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking at the Amex........ or close by?!!

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
I am sure the local businesses and land owners will fill in for the lack of parking provision at £5 a pop or so

The old park and ride was not too bad if you used Mithras House....after the game straight on the bus with no wait!

I think the racehill will be the best due to the short journey time...

Parking in Moulsecoombe or Coldean may turn out out be 'expensive' LOL

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
The club has not announced anything whatsoever about on-site parking arrangements. In fact, this option was curiously absent from the travel intentions "survey" that potential STH's were asked to complete at the Amex presentations.

True. You can glean some info from the Sussex Uni Falmer Stadium page though:

Home : Falmer stadium : University of Sussex

They are being paid a 6 figure annual sum.

Only the Stanmer entrance will be available to football traffic.

The parking will only be available to season ticket holders and corporate guests who have pre-booked.

Car Parks A to E will be used.

Supporters will not be allowed in the Uni bars.

If the car parks aren't available then the club will have to propose an alternative date.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Parking in Moulsecoombe or Coldean may turn out out be 'expensive'

Moulsecoomb and Coldean are not resident parking zones. Parking is completely free there. I've mentioned before that Coldean is generally pretty empty on a Saturday but there'll be limited parking for evening games.

Moulsecoomb and Coldean are not resident parking zones. Parking is completely free there. I've mentioned before that Coldean is generally pretty empty on a Saturday but there'll be limited parking for evening games.

Sure but it is clear that Moulsecoomb and possibly Coldean will be designated as Controlled Parking Zones on match days. The steward of the CPZ's is likely to be more robust that at Withdean and, as has already been indicated on a previous thread, B&HCC will probably implement something more "formal", and at the Club's expense, if the CPZ's are ignored.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Anyone know what the situation is with disabled passes? My father has bought a season ticket, but cannot walk far due to heart disease, he has a disabled badge. Will he be able to park near the ground as at Withdean?

Sent from my HTC Desire

Anyone know what the situation is with disabled passes? My father has bought a season ticket, but cannot walk far due to heart disease, he has a disabled badge. Will he be able to park near the ground as at Withdean?

Sent from my HTC Desire

I'd contact the club direct for official info as no details have published.

My understanding is that there will be disabled spaces in the Bennett's Field Car Park (if approved), the Stadium "VIP" car park, also at Sussex Uni and the Copse Car Park (part of the Brighton Univ Falmer campus).

I know a couple of people who thinking of parking somewhere along lewes road then jumping on either B&H bus or the big Lemon. But to me thats no different from park and ride except the bus wont sit there waiting to be at full capacity.

Has anybody seen the Public Notice in last Friday's Argus?

BRIGHTON & HOVE (WAITING & LOADING / UNLOADING RESTRICTIONS AND PARKING PLACES) CONSOLIDATION ORDER 2008 AMENDMENT ORDER No. *201*

Introduce a clearway on a stretch of the A270 (Lewes Road) from the highway boundary of Brighton & Hove City Council to a point just north of Natal Road.

In other words ... parking (and even stopping to drop off passengers) will be illegal along the entire length of Lewes Road between Brighton University and the Stadium.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
I think all of those considering driving and looking for somewhere local to the ground to park (not the official park and rides) should really think again. Initially I was thinking that there would be somewhere to park fairly near but not really looking like it plus there is the congestion to think off. I think now it will be train to Brighton and either a train (could be a nightmare) or a bus up to Falmer. Any buses to Falmer stop at the station?

I think all of those considering driving and looking for somewhere local to the ground to park (not the official park and rides) should really think again. Initially I was thinking that there would be somewhere to park fairly near but not really looking like it plus there is the congestion to think off. I think now it will be train to Brighton and either a train (could be a nightmare) or a bus up to Falmer. Any buses to Falmer stop at the station?
Best way to get from Brighton Station to Falmer by bus is to walk down Trafalgar Street to St Peter's Church ... where there are 24 buses an hour going to within walking distance of the stadium.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sure but it is clear that Moulsecoomb and possibly Coldean will be designated as Controlled Parking Zones on match days. The steward of the CPZ's is likely to be more robust that at Withdean and, as has already been indicated on a previous thread, B&HCC will probably implement something more "formal", and at the Club's expense, if the CPZ's are ignored.

One person on a previous thread said that and, as I pointed out on that thread, there's no mention on the council website about such plans for a CPZ, the Argus hasn't reported on this (andthe Argus loves parking stories more than anything), nor have local residents been informed about any such plans. CPZs are generally designated at a week's notice - or even a month's notice - there's a generally a long period of public consultation first.

As I understand it, the parking scheme at Withdean was voluntary. The stewards asked people not to park in the area but couldn't legally prevent them. It worked to a certain extent because most people honoured it and because Withdean is a small area - Moulsecoomb is vast - when it was built it was one of the biggest public housing schemes in Europe - and would be much harder to police.

As for Coldean, Coldean Lane is a very busy road, linking Lewes Road with the ring road and Ditchling Road. I can't imagine that it would be easy preventing cars driving up it.

It may well be that after a few months of the season, local residents will protest about supporter parking, and some action is taken but I can't see that happening immediately.

One thing that might happen is that supporters find it's not worth the hassle. The only exits from Coldean ar on Coldean Lane and if cars back up there, fans could find it taking 30 minutes to get out.

Last edited:

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
You will have to arrive early to get into the supporters bar anyway so train will not be too bad on the outward leg!

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I thought at some stage Falmer school was muted as having an application to turn it into a city college at some £18m cost whilst also adding some 1000 car parking spaces towards Falmer-
For me it's walk-30-40 mins
Bus from a mates house at the highway(he has 4 spaces-so no problem)
or walk from highway-yes take in the Hikers and 25mins tops

You could always try east of Falmer down the A27 lay byes

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sent from my HTC Desire

I am sure adequate parking for the legitimate applicants will be supplied by the club.

If you're out to the west there's a no.49 direct from Portslade Stn to East Moulsecoomb, then a short walk (15 mins?) to the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here