Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul barber q&a matchday thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Paul actually came across very compassionate and reasonable and his opening gambit about agreeing the £15 is too much, that it was out of the clubs hands and that they felt it was right to return funds to ST holders was good to hear.

It was however THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE of his responses to my emails about that same subjects Saturday morning, which I won't share but he was dismissive, arrogant, condescending and rejected that PPV was anything but a triumph and the club was right to hold ST funds.

Cumulative annoyance...........a large of what he says and does is reasonable, so maybe give him a bit of rope for a snippy reply to email no 45 he'd received that day ?

Would love to be a fly on the wall at the EPL meetings - can imagine him kicking right off based on the thinly-veiled anger he's displaying here with PPV, fans in the ground and project land grab

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Paul Barber doesn't agree with the £14.95 price of PPV so the question is why did we vote for it? Leicester didn't. :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Paul Barber doesn't agree with the £14.95 price of PPV so the question is why did we vote for it? Leicester didn't. :shrug:

He explained earlier (and is doing so again now) - was a simple take it or leave it and the revenue plugs a small part of a huge hole ('Hobson's choice'). At least we get to see some football if we want.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

The options on the table were the opportunity to watch or no facility to watch the games, PB advises they voted (only to allow this for Oct and Nov) on the basis it gives choice and better than a total shut out.

Doesn’t like the price but that’s what’s been offered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Respect to Paul Barber he is great at his job to be fair, calming the waters. :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
@ a price they don't agree with so they should have voted against.

Yes they don't agree with it however they have given the option for fans to pay for it if they want to.

Still think the decision goes against the ethos of a Community Club

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
@ a price they don't agree with so they should have voted against.

Voting against was a vote for Albion fans having no (legitimate) option to watch most of our games this season.

You still have the option to miss them, but you also have the choice to pay to watch them if you want to and are able to.

I really don't see how any open-minded pragmatic Albion fan could fail to be impressed at what Barber has had to say tonight, and the transparency of the club's thoughts and workings.

How many other clubs have done this, or are doing this, around this subject?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I thought his comments were interesting around Albion wanting to help other clubs in the football league but its complex because Tony doesn't want to fund Championship owners who are wealthier than he is.

1. Who was he talking about?
2. If the Albion want to help (which I think they do as a Premier League collective) they need to start proposing ways this could happen. From PB's brief comments they appear to want a means test applied to owners.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Voting against was a vote for Albion fans having no (legitimate) option to watch most of our games this season.

You still have that option, but you also have the option to pay if you like.

I really don't see how any open-minded pragmatic Albion fan could fail to be impressed at what Barber has had to say tonight, and the transparency of the club's thoughts and workings.

Being on the FSA webmail circular group, I can tell you.

None other.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Cumulative annoyance...........a large of what he says and does is reasonable, so maybe give him a bit of rope for a snippy reply to email no 45 he'd received that day ?

Would love to be a fly on the wall at the EPL meetings - can imagine him kicking right off based on the thinly-veiled anger he's displaying here with PPV, fans in the ground and project land grab

Yeah I imagine that's what it was, but perhaps if you can't give a rational emotionless response to a 'customer' at that moment he shouldn't have responded within 10 minutes. I would have rather waited for a considered reply.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013

You still have the option to miss them, but you also have the choice to pay to watch them if you want to and are able to.

Mate, we are now standing at a crossroad, boxing went the same way, it's a matter of time..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here