Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Phil Foden and his mum involved in a punch-up

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
You’ve watered it down already. She didn’t just push him. She pushed him OVER ie violently enough for the guy to fall down off the wall and onto the floor. Enough people have died that way from head injuries, so it’s not insignificant. Therefore can understand why he got up and probably instinctively (and in self defence) punched her. She’s hardly some 8 stone waif like figure either. Just one of her tits looks like it weighs that alone.

Very sad to see somebody condoning a bloke punching a woman.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
‘Worrying’, sake you are such a drama Queen. No actually, you’re being a bit of an unpleasant now because all your trying to do is engineer something that isn’t. Because Incan understand why someone fights back that’s all, regardless of genders involved these days. That’s not justification (again your choice of word, your misinterpretation albeit I think it’s now deliberate and malicious) The woke comment was because I could fore see you getting all excited/outrage about me using the word ‘tits’ too as part of your judgey time. See you’re enjoying it though, desperately seeking to pursue an agenda of your own creation.

I have no agenda - just responding to a 'man' who thinks it's proportionate/understandable/etc. for the guy who was pushed over to punch her in the face.
I see how you're backtracking, here, so let's leave it, eh?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You're doing a fine job of that, yourself - you don't need my help.

Ok, by your reckoning then, if I say you’re a Drama Queen that took a wrong junction way back then if you so much as reply again to this thread then it must mean you’re in a hole, should stop digging, doing a fine job and don’t need my help? Btw, I don’t want you to do that because it’s not a very intelligent debate. Just silly point scoring arguing. Alternatively therefore, add something about the escalation to extreme violence, started by Mrs Foden in this instance, our society seems to have become when once people just exchanged some words at most and moved on. Now that is worrying, I think we can agree on that yes?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Ok, by your reckoning then, if I say you’re a Drama Queen that took a wrong junction way back then if you so much as reply again to this thread then it must mean you’re in a hole, should stop digging, doing a fine job and don’t need my help? Btw, I don’t want you to do that because it’s not a very intelligent debate. Just silly point scoring arguing. Alternatively therefore, add something about the escalation to extreme violence, started by Mrs Foden in this instance, our society seems to have become when once people just exchanged some words at most and moved on. Now that is worrying, I think we can agree on that yes?

Tbh, I'm struggling to understand most of that comment, but yes, I do agree that things have become worse. It doesn't help when people have an attitude similar to the one that you're displaying, by 'understanding' why he punched her in the face, as though he had no choice in the matter.
Of course, as previously said, she was wrong to have pushed him over, but to try to defend his response is simply ridiculous.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have no agenda - just responding to a 'man' who thinks it's proportionate/understandable/etc. for the guy who was pushed over to punch her in the face.
I see how you're backtracking, here, so let's leave it, eh?

No, I’m not backtracking because I never said it’s proportionate nor, despite the inference, did I say it was acceptable or justified. You simply chose to interpret that way. Key word being You. I could take offence to your disparaging use of ‘Man’ too but will also forgive and take in the chin (pun intended). Partly because I am one. If you choose to disengage now fair enough, but I think you’ve boiled up your own little teapot here really and the conversation (IMO) is really about why some cross words quickly became a potentially life threatening situation with people beating each other round the head with a fire extinguisher?!:eek: All in the glare of the public because of the fame link.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No, I’m not backtracking because I never said it’s proportionate nor, despite the inference, did I say it was acceptable or justified. You simply chose to interpret that way. Key word being You. I could take offence to your disparaging use of ‘Man’ too but will also forgive and take in the chin (pun intended). Partly because I am one. If you choose to disengage now fair enough, but I think you’ve boiled up your own little teapot here really and the conversation (IMO) is really about why some cross words quickly became a potentially life threatening situation with people beating each other round the head with a fire extinguisher?!:eek: All in the glare of the public because of the fame link.

I have no beef with you, but perhaps it would do you good to read back your previous comments and maybe reflect upon how they are interpreted.
Only a suggestion, and I won't rise to your bait. :)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Very sad to see somebody condoning a bloke punching a woman.

Unless you are happy with sexual inequality, once a woman joins the melee with full on physical aggression it is perfectly legitimate that she gets it back. They actually do have women in combat roles in the forces if you care to drag yourself into the 21st century.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Unless you are happy with sexual inequality, once a woman joins the melee with full on physical aggression it is perfectly legitimate that she gets it back. They actually do have women in combat roles in the forces if you care to drag yourself into the 21st century.

This isn't in the Forces, is it? It's a big bloke, pushed over by an older woman, who gets to his feet and chooses to punch her full in the face. Are you saying that's okay?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:drama::facepalm: Your over dramatic myopic interpretation is more like. If you can’t differentiate between understanding and defending then I wouldn’t debate if so we’re you. (Awaits hysterical puts words in mouth judgey nothing like example by reply)

I'm sure you also understand, but not defend, unemployed white people burning down the p*ki post office in the 1970s.

This was nothing more than yob invading the privacy of a footballer and his family, then acting like animals when the footballer and his family responded. There is no 'yes, but'. None.

I used to have you on ignore, but forgot why, and unblocked you. Now I know why. You lack judgement and don't back down when you've been shown to be wrong. Tedious. And back on ignore :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tbh, I'm struggling to understand most of that comment, but yes, I do agree that things have become worse. It doesn't help when people have an attitude similar to the one that you're displaying, by 'understanding' why he punched her in the face, as though he had no choice in the matter.
Of course, as previously said, she was wrong to have pushed him over, but to try to defend his response is simply ridiculous.

That’s my subsequent point and cause of our :catfight:. Understanding isn’t same as condoning or defending. I can just understand why these days, some men might hit back at a women that’s attacked them. Partly because it’s sort of a basic instinct and lots people don’t have that filter or check anymore. Partly because women attacking men without hesitation appears to be a lot more common so by virtue of that, number of men retaliating will be higher. And also partly because (not so much in this situation) women seemingly do with a lot more violence that could cause more harm. But overriding all this the pertinent question is why within moments of a few cross words it’s all escalated into some idiot swinging a fire extinguisher at someone’s head?! For which Mrs Foden appears to have taken a lead role in causing? Where was the ‘pack it in’, ‘walk away’, ‘break it up’ check that should have occurred before someone starts trying to kill another over what, a comment such as “your son’s shit?” Which, incidentally, he most certainly isn’t.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What I find amazing is why the rich & famous don't employ a security guy to walk around with them on such nights. Yes it sounds wrong and shouldn't be required but that's not the world we live in and as has been said it looks like alcohol might have played a part. He might be loved by city fans but you know a certain number of united fans will hate him and will take any opportunity for this sort of mischief.

There is no such thing as contributory negligence. They have an absolute right to have a night out without having to hire a body guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i47NAtcxEc

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This isn't in the Forces, is it? It's a big bloke, pushed over by an older woman, who gets to his feet and chooses to punch her full in the face. Are you saying that's okay?

Punching anybody is not OK, but don’t do unnecessary physical aggression if you don’t want it back whether you are male or female.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have no beef with you, but perhaps it would do you good to read back your previous comments and maybe reflect upon how they are interpreted.
Only a suggestion, and I won't rise to your bait. :)

I know you don’t, there’s no bait, and thank you for your suggestion which perhaps has some merit. But equally think your interpretation stems perhaps from believing I was somehow condoning Mr Punch. I wasn’t. In the same way I don’t Judy’s actions aka Mrs Foden.

Anyway, glad sorted and bid you a good afternoon. Thanks for watching NSC, this binfest was brought to you by OrangePortlock Productions, in association with Pringles…THE END :albion2:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
silly old mum started it. could have stayed in the room, came steaming out and shoved someone over.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Okay, I'll rephrase that: Do you think it was a proportionate response to being pushed over, or should he have laughed it off and walked away?

It would have been better to have walked away, but the red mist was down. It doesn’t matter if the person aggressively pushing was male or female.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It would have been better to have walked away, but the red mist was down. It doesn’t matter if the person aggressively pushing was male or female.

Ah, ye olde 'red mist' excuse.

And yes, it DOES matter, as a large male throwing a full-on punch to the face of an older woman, is likely to cause far more damage than he sustained, by being pushed over.

Edit: Actually, I shouldn't be surprised by your comment, as you're generally full of crap. :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Okay, I'll rephrase that: Do you think it was a proportionate response to being pushed over, or should he have laughed it off and walked away?

Haven't you already done this interrogation with [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION] ???
No need to repeat what's already been discussed :thumbsup:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Haven't you already done this interrogation with [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION] ???
No need to repeat what's already been discussed :thumbsup:

I'm happy to respond to whomever makes a comment, if I think it's valid. It has no bearing on a discussion with a different poster....does it?
But thanks, anyway. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here