Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Phil Foden and his mum involved in a punch-up

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There is no such thing as contributory negligence. They have an absolute right to have a night out without having to hire a body guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i47NAtcxEc

I know they do but then you get this happen. I would have thought the club would do it just to protect their assets .... In this case it would have protected them against someone else but in other cases it might actually stop the individual doing something stupid...

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'm going to be pedantic here and point out that she didn't actually push him 'over'. It's not like he got off the floor in a daze and punched her. He stumbled backwards grabbed onto his mate to steady himself and then turned back and punched her in the face. Surely a more proportionate response would be just to push her back? In the few fights I've seen there's always been a bit of pushing and shoving before the first punch gets thrown. She shouldn't have pushed him in the first place but his reaction was waaaay over the top.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
If anyone else here has been to an actual live boxing match (I've been to some) they would know that the amount of security is almost non existent.

With no home/away fans to divide, minimum wage stewards and the few security staff who only get involved if something serious breaks out near the ring.

I've seen plenty of scuffles/fights in the stands, beers flying, it's usually other fight fans who break it up/intervene.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know they do but then you get this happen. I would have thought the club would do it just to protect their assets .... In this case it would have protected them against someone else but in other cases it might actually stop the individual doing something stupid...

I think if I could afford it (because of my fame/notoriety) I'd pay someone to keep the plebs at arms length. However if Foden selects to not, that's not an open invitation.

Also I can't see any club offering muscle to any player who fancies a night out. WTF?

This is all getting a bit silly. The thread exists only because the OP is a bit of a social media gadfly and finds the misfortune of the likes of Foden and ManUre amusing, and other people are piling in to enjoy a bit of gawping and mockery. :shrug:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ah, ye olde 'red mist' excuse.

And yes, it DOES matter, as a large male throwing a full-on punch to the face of an older woman, is likely to cause far more damage than he sustained, by being pushed over.

Edit: Actually, I shouldn't be surprised by your comment, as you're generally full of crap. :)

People have died after being pushed over, see Met Police. Basic rules are: If you don’t want violence aimed at you then don’t be violent to others first.

As for being full of crap in your view? :shrug: Least I don’t hang my petard to the tree of virtue signalling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People have died after being pushed over, see Met Police. Basic rules are: If you don’t want violence aimed at you then don’t be violent to others first.

As for being full of crap in your view? :shrug: Least I don’t hang my petard to the tree of virtue signalling.

"a small bomb made of a metal or wooden box filled with powder, used to blast down a door or to make a hole in a wall".

You are a very wise man to not do that. I salute you.

However, you should remember that to mix one metaphore is worth two in the bush of the hand that feeds you.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If anyone else here has been to an actual live boxing match (I've been to some) they would know that the amount of security is almost non existent.

With no home/away fans to divide, minimum wage stewards and the few security staff who only get involved if something serious breaks out near the ring.

I've seen plenty of scuffles/fights in the stands, beers flying, it's usually other fight fans who break it up/intervene.

I’ve seen pretty nasty and sustained stuff, despite the significant presence of proper security personnel.

Always triggered by a result in the ring, supporters of the opponents in running battles.

I really like boxing and MMA, but events attract all the oafs, suited with blonds in tow.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There is no such thing as contributory negligence. They have an absolute right to have a night out without having to hire a body guard

If I was on a night out with Phil Foden I would insist on a bodyguard. Mostly to protect me from his mum.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I’ve been to watch the boxing numerous times at Manchester Arena and this doesn’t surprise me one bit. The arena itself is in both the ideal location and at the very same time the least ideal location - slap bang in the middle of Manchester city centre.

Given that the main event in these fights is usually about 10:30pm, that facilitates a lot of time for large groups of lads (groups so large they’d never get into a pub or nightclub together on a Saturday night) to get absolutely smashed and take a boat load of drugs if they’re so inclined. Then, by the time the evening arrives you get groups of these pissed up, drugged up lads, who’ve spent the day talking about fighting and watching fighting, all thinking they’re as hard as fúck, all together in the same place.

It’s a recipe for disaster, and as is pretty obvious from that video, the security isn’t anywhere near capable of handling it. Just young kids who understandably can’t deal with situations like this. Last time I was there it kicked off between two groups around of us (the instigators a group of 5 lads, off their faces on drugs, trying to occupy 2 seats) and in the end I had to intervene for the safety of my missus and my mate’s girlfriend who was with us. Again, as also evident, these dickheads will punch anything in their way. It’s one of the very, very few times in my adult life I’ve felt the need to throw a punch.

It can be a nasty, nasty atmosphere at times and it’s one of the reasons I prefer to watch big fights at home these days. Someone will undoubtedly get killed at one of these events one day, as could have easily happened with the fire extinguisher there. Needs sorting.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
"a small bomb made of a metal or wooden box filled with powder, used to blast down a door or to make a hole in a wall".

You are a very wise man to not do that. I salute you.

However, you should remember that to mix one metaphore is worth two in the bush of the hand that feeds you.

I think he was truly hoist by his own petard there !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Out of interest, did the bloke’s punch even connect with Mrs F? Talk about an episode of Shameless. Only in Manc. :lolol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Sounds like going to the darts. Everyone is lashed and very rowdy. Seen loads of trouble at darts before and security is pretty much nonexistent from my experience.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
How about we rewind to the point where these absolute cretins had one too many and thought they would have a pop at a celebrity footballer, his girlfriend and his Mum. The Foden's are clearly trying to get away from these morons and theres another video online where you can hear them standing outside calling him a C@@T. She comes out and does what every parent would do in that situation and stands up for her child.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sounds like going to the darts. Everyone is lashed and very rowdy. Seen loads of trouble at darts before and security is pretty much nonexistent from my experience.

And T20/Blast cricket. It’s no coincidence that alcohol is freely available.

And big horse racing meetings

And …….

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How does this shit turn into a 'Team A' V 'Team B'?

However 'understandable' the behaviours of the protagonists in this debacle was they clearly made some shit choices. Surely the purpose of moving to a private room was to deescalate the situation and provide some safety for the Foden party. So you have to ask why Mrs Foden decided to go against that and go out and confront the half wits at the door, and then turn it physical.

The other side of the coin is that the half wits decided to abuse the Foden's in the first place and how the **** do they think that behaving like that is okay. Add to this the completely disproportionate response to being pushed by someone's ****ing mum from halfwit number one. How fragile must your ego be if you have to respond with a punch in the face to a shove from the mum of the bloke you have chosen to hurl abuse at?

Neither of the main protagonists come out of this with any credit. What a ****ing state.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How does this shit turn into a 'Team A' V 'Team B'?

However 'understandable' the behaviours of the protagonists in this debacle was they clearly made some shit choices. Surely the purpose of moving to a private room was to deescalate the situation and provide some safety for the Foden party. So you have to ask why Mrs Foden decided to go against that and go out and confront the half wits at the door, and then turn it physical.

The other side of the coin is that the half wits decided to abuse the Foden's in the first place and how the **** do they think that behaving like that is okay. Add to this the completely disproportionate response to being pushed by someone's ****ing mum from halfwit number one. How fragile must your ego be if you have to respond with a punch in the face to a shove from the mum of the bloke you have chosen to hurl abuse at?

Neither of the main protagonists come out of this with any credit. What a ****ing state.

Ego …. or coke + booze = ********.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here