Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastic Fans

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
What is a plastic anyway? I know 3 people who you would term die-hard fans who followed Brighton through hell and high water. I know many who used to go to the Goldstone and now attend once more. I don't know anyone who decided to follow Brighton because it was trendy.

For my part I first went in 1982 and followed for several years until I decided to play rather than watch. Then came the family. At many stages I have fancied going along to watch and was told by the die-hards not to bother as it was all season ticket and match-day tickets were very hard to come by. That seems to be the big difference. When I first went you could rock up on match day and buy a ticket. Now you MUST purchase a season ticket. How many families can afford to spend £400 minimum (plus say £200 on travel and food) just like that? The town is lucky to have filled the stadium and all this crap about plastics isn't going to enhance the prospect of selling another 18,000 season tickets and this time at Championship prices!

On a similar note, many of the so-called plastics have probllby 30 or 40 years of BHAFC support under their belts whilst the people calling them plastics probably have less than 10?

Good Post :clap2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seem a big percentage have bought season tickets as it was the trendy and in thing to do this season.
Very small percentage.
Off course they are, but so what? How else are you going to fill Falmer with around 18,000 season ticket holders, when we never had more than 5,000 sth at Withdean?
I didn't have a season ticket at Withdean last year, and I shared one for a couple of years before. Before that, I had my own. That's how things are when you have kids. Does that make me plastic - as if. So instead of looking at only the last season, how many people have held season tickets at Withdean at some point? That'll be more like 10k. And ho many others went regularly throught the years? Add those all up and you won't be far short of the 18k with season tickets.
Who cares? The key is keeping them as fans for the next few years so it gets in their blood.
Well I agree with you there, I just don't think there are as many new fans as you suggest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here