Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Raid in Battle!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
A little way out for a lot of you I know but I've been in Battle this morning when all hell broke loose.

A car with four lads in it apparently on their way to rob Barclays was cornered at the top of the High Street by about six undercover cars. Police pile out, all plain clothes with Met Police baseball caps. Four lads also jump out, one shot and injured, one shot dead.

I was allowed to watch all this from about 20 feet away!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Timbo said:
A little way out for a lot of you I know but I've been in Battle this morning when all hell broke loose.

A car with four lads in it apparently on their way to rob Barclays was cornered at the top of the High Street by about six undercover cars. Police pile out, all plain clothes with Met Police baseball caps. Four lads also jump out, one shot and injured, one shot dead.

Blimey, it's like living in my street :eek:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
could have been 1066 they were after

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
bloody hell the mises wants to move to battle. Sounds like home from home

Dandyman

In London village.
Timbo said:

And they say street theatre is dead.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Timbo said:

Just said on the news that only one shot was fired and noone was hurt.

Bit of storyteller's licence there, Timbo?

DannyBhoy

Jul 5, 2003
Burwash, East Sussex
erm yea, i think timbo has over done it lol

A police firearm was discharged during a raid by officers investigating a series of cash robberies.
Three men were held after being targeted in Battle, East Sussex, on Thursday morning by officers from the Metropolitan Police Flying Squad.

It followed an intelligence-led operation into "individuals involved in cash-in-transit robberies".

Police say one of the officers accidentally fired a weapon but nobody was hurt by the shot.

One of the three men did require hospital treatment after suffering minor head injuries during his arrest.

Sussex Police and the Metropolitan Police Directorate of Professional Standards are investigating how the firearm was used.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Re: Re: Police Raid in Battle!

Commander said:
Just said on the news that only one shot was fired and noone was hurt.

Bit of storyteller's licence there, Timbo?

:lolol:

To be fair to me after about half an hour we wandered off down the high street, had some breakfast and then went back up. When we got back three separate people told me that someone had been shot dead. It turns out that the one that went to hospital only hurt himself when the car stopped suddenly.

There were only three people in the car as well. It appears the mythical fourth person was the one laying down between the cars in a pool of his own imaginary blood.

I was hoping this would slide down the pages quietly!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Re: Re: Re: Police Raid in Battle!

Timbo said:
I was allowed to watch all this from about 20 feet away!.....

To be fair to me after about half an hour we wandered off down the high street, had some breakfast and then went back up. When we got back three separate people told me that someone had been shot dead. It turns out that the one that went to hospital only hurt himself when the car stopped suddenly.

There were only three people in the car as well. It appears the mythical fourth person was the one laying down between the cars in a pool of his own imaginary blood.

I was hoping this would slide down the pages quietly!
You were 20 feet away, yet you believed what people told you. Where did you get your education? The Richie Morris School of Media?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here