Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey At Home

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
I think very few pompey fans had a choice in what happened. Most just support their local team. Much as I enjoy hammering my pompey supporting mates there is no way I would like the club to fold, especially as it could involve us losing between 3-6 points if it happens before the end of the season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hope they go bust for cheating their way to two Cup Finals, a few years in the Premiership, cheating the revenue out of £20 odd million first time around, all the companies they have screwed over by not even bothering to pay the first CVA, cheating the revenue out of more money, screwing more companies out of money AGAIN all whilst paying players a f***ing fortune knowing they couldn't rub two pennies together. They want my sympathy then they can go to hell the cheating scum

100% this. Absolutely.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
It was the people at the top of the club who screwed the creditors, not the fans. Does that sound slightly familiar?

Luckily a few of our fans were quick enough to spot the things that were going on before it was completely too late.

The only thing the Pompey fans could be accused of is being "seduced" by the success that the Clubs' management bought for that period, and they probably believed it could carry on indefinitely.

We now all know that if Club's haven't got rich backers who are prepared to invest, or a sensible budget to survive on, there will be many more clubs that will go to the wall before the end of this season.

I still hope that both of our results against Pompey this season will count towards the final Championship table for 2011/12!!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I hope they go bust for cheating their way to two Cup Finals, a few years in the Premiership, cheating the revenue out of £20 odd million first time around, all the companies they have screwed over by not even bothering to pay the first CVA, cheating the revenue out of more money, screwing more companies out of money AGAIN all whilst paying players a f***ing fortune knowing they couldn't rub two pennies together. They want my sympathy then they can go to hell the cheating scum

Well I think that it is very sad that you posted this comment because

you beat me to it.

Only thing I would point out, vis a vis other posts, is that we MUST make sure that we beat them (always assuming they do turn up) as anything else may be even more detrimental to our cause.

SOMEONE, in a position of influence at PFC must have seen what was going on and should have blown the whistle and that is why it is difficult to feel any sympathy. Shame for the fans but lessons need to be learned.

No sympathy

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Normally I may have a tad of sorrow for the fans of a club being screwed by mis-management, in this instance I have none!!. They can go and start again in the southern hampshire league. Once is bad ( even whilst being in the prem) but twice is just plain stupid. The good people of AFC Wimbledon had to do it so as far as I'm concerned the one man and his bell can go and chime against Emsworth on a saturday afternoon..

We shouldn't forget that the 'man with the bell' turned up to Fans United day at the Goldstone to show his support for us. The FA have an awful lot to answer for. The current owners at Portsmouth passed their "fit and proper" tests. I feel sorry for their supporters. I hated it when we went away to places like Lincoln and got goaded about our situation. I've never liked Portsmouth much but I don't get any pleasure from seeing them in their present predicament.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Amazing, we where in a similar position, my what short memories we have. Does it makes any difference whether it's Archer or the Pompey owners, it's another case of greedy bastards ruining our game and supporters and communities suffering.

I feel sorry for them and yes of course Pompey have been a big club, Premiership history and a massive club in post war years.

Why is it we offer our support to Plymouth with Fans United and yet we mock Pompey.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
It appears that it is the third ( or maybe even the fourth ) time that the cheating bastards have been in administration.
When the Albion were in financial difficulties, they sold their best players to pay some of the debts. Pompey could have sold players during the transfer window ( they had offers ) and paid some of their creditors. They chose not to, so f*** 'em.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Im not sure what I want to happen.if they go bust part of me would feel cheated out of spending the next few years watching us beat them on a regular basis.
having said that they were lucky to survive last time but did they learn no.2 years later they are in the same situation.
What I don't understand is that when you are in administration you have to proove that the business is sustainable.normally that is done by securing investment into the club.So who decided last time that the level of investment that had been secured was enough to make Pompey a sustainable business when 2 years later they are back to square one.

I may be wrong but I thought the administraiters where there to either cut the cloth accordingly or secure enough investment to make the club solvent. as this has not happened surely they must be accountable to some extent.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It was the people at the top of the club who screwed the creditors, not the fans. Does that sound slightly familiar?

Luckily a few of our fans were quick enough to spot the things that were going on before it was completely too late.

The only thing the Pompey fans could be accused of is being "seduced" by the success that the Clubs' management bought for that period, and they probably believed it could carry on indefinitely.

We now all know that if Club's haven't got rich backers who are prepared to invest, or a sensible budget to survive on, there will be many more clubs that will go to the wall before the end of this season.

I still hope that both of our results against Pompey this season will count towards the final Championship table for 2011/12!!

This...feel for the fans....not the board...

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
If the dont play all their games , how does this affect the league positions. Point won and lost against them and goals for and against , if you get my drift what happens ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Why are people sorry for their fans......?

Portsmouth spent 7 years in the Premiership....unfairly. That means 7 other clubs (one each year) were relegated because Portsmouth FC paid inflated wages to top players, with money that should have paid for other creditors.

Portsmouth FC won the FA Cup....unfairly....at the expense of Cardiff City.

If any sympathy for football fans is due......surely it is those fans of the seven relegated teams and Cardiff City.....?

I don't feel sorry for Portsmouth fans at all.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Why are people sorry for their fans......?

Portsmouth spent 7 years in the Premiership....unfairly. That means 7 other clubs (one each year) were relegated because Portsmouth FC paid inflated wages to top players, with money that should have paid for other creditors.

Portsmouth FC won the FA Cup....unfairly....at the expense of Cardiff City.

If any sympathy for football fans is due......surely it is those fans of the seven relegated teams and Cardiff City.....?

I don't feel sorry for Portsmouth fans at all.

Are you saying that the fans were the ones in the wrong for all of this then?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Amazing, we where in a similar position, my what short memories we have. Does it makes any difference whether it's Archer or the Pompey owners, it's another case of greedy bastards ruining our game and supporters and communities suffering.

I feel sorry for them and yes of course Pompey have been a big club, Premiership history and a massive club in post war years.

Why is it we offer our support to Plymouth with Fans United and yet we mock Pompey.

This with CHIMES on.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Sorry but anyone with a shred of decency will have sympathy with the fans. The foreign Chairmen are the ones who have come in and screwed up the club and must be held accountable along with FA/FL as these guys should all have failed the competency test.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Are you saying that the fans were the ones in the wrong for all of this then?

lol......no.

Just trying to point out that far more football fans suffered relegation and the huge disappointment of losing the Cup Final. Those fans were cheated as well as Portsmouth creditors.

The fairweather (glory) fans wont miss their club......and those that are loyal and hardened, will continue to support their club, whether it be in league1 or the conference.

Those few Portsmouth fans who will stay with their club whilst re-building it in the conference, will get all the support and good wishes from supporters across the country.

Last edited:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Sorry but anyone with a shred of decency will have sympathy with the fans. The foreign Chairmen are the ones who have come in and screwed up the club and must be held accountable along with FA/FL as these guys should all have failed the competency test.

Yes.
How has this been allowed to happen again.
Questions need to be asked

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It appears that it is the third ( or maybe even the fourth ) time that the cheating bastards have been in administration.
When the Albion were in financial difficulties, they sold their best players to pay some of the debts. Pompey could have sold players during the transfer window ( they had offers ) and paid some of their creditors. They chose not to, so f*** 'em.

Ward, Halford and Henderson were all approached by other clubs concerning moves but all decided to remain at Fratton. If they remain in contract and do not want to move then there is nothing the club can do. The CE took stick over this but it was hardly his fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here