Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth Want To Build Their New Stadium In The Sea

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Trufflehound said:
What if you arrive by sea?

Many people will, the Gosport ferry lands about two minutes walk from the site...

As I work in Portsmouth, this has been this afternoon's main topic of conversation. No-one really believes that it will ever get built - for the exact reasons already stated in this thread.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
hans kraay fan club said:
Not stupid though, are they. How would they fill 1500 luxury flats in Copnor?

You could say EXACTLY the same thing five years ago about Gosport.

Now you cant get your boat berthed in the marina and the price of property is going through the roof.

D

Deleted member 2719

When they are bulldozing Fratton Park perhaps if i bung the the drivers a bit extra cash they may get carried away and do the whole city.

I hate the scum.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't look too shaby at all. serious question how many people are there in the portsmouth area? Just comparing to our fan base and the need for a 36,000 stadium

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Rookie said:
Don't look too shaby at all. serious question how many people are there in the portsmouth area? Just comparing to our fan base and the need for a 36,000 stadium

Oh dont get me wrong..............i hate the scummers.............but they would fill 36,000....no trouble:down:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
36,000 seats - Yet another stadium making Falmer look decidedly unambitious with it's sub 22k capacity. Are we Brighton Park Football Team or Brighton & Hove Albion FC for fugs sake? Falmer needs to be 28k minimum!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

D

Deleted member 2719

*Gullsworth* said:
Oh dont get me wrong..............i hate the scummers.............but they would fill 36,000....no trouble:down:

Yes but half of those fans would have been our fans now if that c**t Archer hadn't been involved in trying to destoy us.

We Want Falmer.....................

D

Deleted member 2719

The Complete Badger said:
Population of Portsmouth is around about 180,000.

Is the population of Brighton and Hove about 270,000?

???

CM beat me to it.

:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Cheeky Monkey said:
36,000 seats - Yet another stadium making Falmer look decidedly unambitious with it's sub 22k capacity. Are we Brighton Park Football Team or Brighton & Hove Albion FC for fugs sake? Falmer needs to be 28k minimum!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I tend to agree i think the capacity needs to be at least 25,000. We could always do a Reading and get to The Premiership and look whats happened to them..........capacity most weeks now.......i think we are a similar size club as Reading.........surely.......we used to be bigger!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
don't get me wrong would be happy with any stadium but are we not limiting ourselves a tad seeing our catchement area compared to theres is huge.

D

Deleted member 2719

Might not be quite that, but you're not far off I think.

So that makes us potentially a bigger club than Pompey.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
In fact, we would probably have to be in the Premiership before the need to expand became an issue. And IF that happened, we could just make it bigger.

thats the bit that worries me, how we going to get extra capacity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here