Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out?

Potter In or Out

• Total voters

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Potter won`t be sacked this season anyway ,it`s to late now. I think he tries to get us to play good football but the quality is just not there .Look at Stirling`s goal for Man City the other day ,he is not tall and scored with the header but the cross was perfect .I think we miss Murray of 2 or 3 years ago. I watched his goals on My Albion TV the other day and i noticed how calm he was before scoring. We have not replaced him i think .

Oh, no chance GP will be let go. I think we’ll be alright anyway. It feels bleak now, but plenty of points to play for and objectively we do draw a lot of games.

Fully agree that recruitment have never replaced Murray. Am sure it’s not an easy thing, but we have recruited pretty well everywhere else.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly of course you can't, but Potter has not been given that cool-headed striker.

So what are you saying Potters has destroyed our top-rated strikers mental well being? Of course, he has not, the quality we need to take all those chances that we create is not there. They are doing their best and the pressure is big for Maupay, but Welbeck who has experience and age on his side still misses.

The numbers game suggest we will take a few goals along the way and Potter knows this as he is a strategic manager. He will be stamping his feet in the summer for the right choice especially if we offload anyone and rightly so.

Maupay was on fire at the start of the season. Then he got dropped and he's not been the same since. Has even had an in game flounce.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Out. His lack of passion in interviews especially after today's game defies belief and everytime the Camera goes on him in games he just looks bewildered.

I sympathise with all the pro Potter crowd saying we are unlucky this that and the other but we are in our worst position of the season.

It is a results driven business and our results have been diabolical. We need to get rid of him ASAP before we get relegated. He reminds me of Tim Nice but Dim on Harry Enfield. Bloody nice bloke.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Out. His lack of passion in interviews especially after today's game defies belief and everytime the Camera goes on him in games he just looks bewildered.

I sympathise with all the pro Potter crowd saying we are unlucky this that and the other but we are in our worst position of the season.

It is a results driven business and our results have been diabolical. We need to get rid of him ASAP before we get relegated. He reminds me of Tim Nice but Dim on Harry Enfield. Bloody nice bloke.

Genuine question figgis. Where do you think we should be in the league? Given we’re on or around the same points as Newcastle, Saints and Burnley.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I want to change my vote to Potter out. Having thought this through, we won’t be giving him the quality of strikers to compliment his style, so we need to go back to Hughtonball

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Muzza was a class act from Withdean onwards. A natural footballer, a brilliant finisher of every kind of goal. Sending rivals to the EPL with a ridiculous number of goals.

That can’t be coached.

What transfer fee these days for a 25 year old Muzza?

Even a 38 year old Murray would be better than we have. We don’t exactly attack with pace so I don’t think Murray’s lack of it would have been a problem. GP knew better though.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Genuine question figgis. Where do you think we should be in the league? Given we’re on or around the same points as Newcastle, Saints and Burnley.

So you are happy with where we are?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So you are happy with where we are?

I think we are where we should be in terms of wage budget yes. The best we can realistically hope for is around 40 points come end of the season. Do you expect more?

Now if we go down, then we can have this discussion and I may be more inclined to agree with you. But GP kept us safe last season, and despite how we all feel tonight I believe we will stay up again.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Maybe we could have Dunky as the player manager for a few weeks.......................he certainly showed a lot more desire, anger, passion......whatever you want to call it the after match interview. Old Potter was his normal subdued, confused self!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Do you honestly think that a pre or post match press conference makes any difference? If a player is relying on a manager to show passion then they need to look at themselves

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
I think we are where we should be in terms of wage budget yes. The best we can realistically hope for is around 40 points come end of the season. Do you expect more?

Now if we go down, then we can have this discussion and I may be more inclined to agree with you. But GP kept us safe last season, and despite how we all feel tonight I believe we will stay up again.

That’s a bit of a cop-out with regards to the wage bill. Plenty of teams have achieved more with a similar (or smaller) budget. We have the same points at this time last year, that’s not progression.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That’s a bit of a cop-out with regards to the wage bill. Plenty of teams have achieved more with a similar (or smaller) budget. We have the same points at this time last year, that’s not progression.

Well of course there are always exceptions to the rule. But if you look at a league table of Salary budgets, it’s scary how aligned it is to the actual league table. Money makes a big difference.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Regardless of what I think a potter isn’t going anywhere until at least the start of next season so these polls really aren’t pointless attention seeking.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
If we continue playing as we are, i'll vote in every time (even if we're relegated). The goal issue is becoming a farce but it's far more worrying if a team isn't creating chances.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Oh but it can and has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but it wont go on, i've read most of your posts on all the match day threads and seldom do you have anything positive to add especially if things are not going our way. If you really believe we have deserved these bad results this season then there's no point in my replying.

The last three games we have been easily the better side as the stats bear out 58%, 75% & 70% possession, 66 shots for 13 against and a grand total of ONE point. Bad finishing yes but bad team no. the luck will turn, these are not bad players they are low in confidence in front of goal but i'm sure this will pass and better results are ahead. Keep the faith.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he will resign if we go down . He looks the sort to fall on his sword

I agree, he needs to be at a club who can afford to back his style of football. We can’t, sadly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here