Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out?

Potter In or Out

• Total voters

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
I agree, he needs to be at a club who can afford to back his style of football. We can’t, sadly

Maybe I am reading this lack of passion as in body language of some one that does not want to be at the club any more. If I was a betting man I would think Potter does not handle stress very well and maybe has offered Bloom his notice and like Hypia its been refused

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes but it wont go on, i've read most of your posts on all the match day threads and seldom do you have anything positive to add especially if things are not going our way. If you really believe we have deserved these bad results this season then there's no point in my replying.

The last three games we have been easily the better side as the stats bear out 58%, 75% & 70% possession, 66 shots for 13 against and a grand total of ONE point. Bad finishing yes but bad team no. the luck will turn, these are not bad players they are low in confidence in front of goal but i'm sure this will pass and better results are ahead. Keep the faith.

Radio Sussex had an interesting stat tonight. They stated that in 7 of our last 8 EPL wins, most un-GP like, we had inferior possession stats.

The obvious conclusion that we prosper against teams that attack, whilst other managers feel confident that we simply don’t have the composure to ball in the net and are content to cede possession.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
So it is Potter's fault our Strikers miss TWO Penalties? Talk me through that...

He coaches them.

So if a cashier on a till swears at a customer of course its not really the manager of the stores fault but they coach and train them and paid to manage them

It is getting beyond a joke now defending Potter as he is the coach and he is meant to coach the players to do the most important thing

PUT THE BALL IN THE NET

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Do you honestly think that a pre or post match press conference makes any difference? If a player is relying on a manager to show passion then they need to look at themselves

After that answer you need to look at your boring self.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Radio Sussex had an interesting stat tonight. They stated that in 7 of our last 8 EPL wins, most un-GP like, we had inferior possession stats.

The obvious conclusion that we prosper against teams that attack, whilst other managers feel confident that we simply don’t have the composure to ball in the net and are content to cede possession.

It is clear we are a better side counter attacking than the turgid spectacle of rolling the ball around infront of a ten man defence. The manager's intransigence to change is looking like costing us. Its not working at the moment so do something different. I expect my manager to be flexible. Mix and match. There is no place for extravagant and wasteful football in a relegation dogfight.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Do you honestly think that a pre or post match press conference makes any difference? If a player is relying on a manager to show passion then they need to look at themselves

Well we all know what we are going to hear.....a wistful look and......" it is what it is "

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is clear we are a better side counter attacking than the turgid spectacle of rolling the ball around infront of a ten man defence. The manager's intransigence to change is looking like costing us. Its not working at the moment so do something different. I expect my manager to be flexible. Mix and match. There is no place for extravagant and wasteful football in a relegation dogfight.

I’m loyally pro Potter.

But shirley there’s something to be said about a variation of tactics against a mass, low block defence. To lure them into a game of football. CP and Leeds scored 10 at the Hawthorns, others 3 or 4 goals.

DanR

Dec 26, 2020
Peasmarsh
I was always potter in but now, not. For someone in such a position he needs to step up and show an assertive side. To lame.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well we all know what we are going to hear.....a wistful look and......" it is what it is "

But so what? What is said in a public press conference makes absolutely no difference to what takes place on the pitch

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I want to change my vote to Potter out. Having thought this through, we won’t be giving him the quality of strikers to compliment his style, so we need to go back to Hughtonball

Finally [emoji6]

You prefer winning don’t you [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Maupay was on fire at the start of the season. Then he got dropped and he's not been the same since. Has even had an in game flounce.

I am sure he is a tricky character to handle as was Andone and Murray and Potter wants to keep it competitive. So if he had to drop him that was fine imo.

I think I saw you were big into XG.

This might explain a lot why we are where we are, our figures stand out as if we didn't know.

Attachments

• Xg table.PNG
    Xg table.PNG
    117.4 KB · Views: 75

boik

Maybe I am reading this lack of passion as in body language of some one that does not want to be at the club any more. If I was a betting man I would think Potter does not handle stress very well and maybe has offered Bloom his notice and like Hypia its been refused

Bloody hell. Talking about making up a story based on absolutely nothing. You could be a writer with that kind of fiction, but I certainly won't be buying any of your books.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am sure he is a tricky character to handle as was Andone and Murray and Potter wants to keep it competitive. So if he had to drop him that was fine imo.

I think I saw you were big into XG.

This might explain a lot why we are where we are, our figures stand out as if we didn't know.

I'm not at all big into xG. I just understand how it works. And what it shows is that we have a lot of very shit shots. To be fair, the one goal in 65 shots quoted by Sky today would do just as well. We create too many poor percentage chances and miss too many of the good percentage ones,

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Even a 38 year old Murray would be better than we have. We don’t exactly attack with pace so I don’t think Murray’s lack of it would have been a problem. GP knew better though.

Manager ego innit. Potter wanted Maupay and Murray was Hughtons man. The fact we let Glen leave for Wellbeck who has been utterly useless and probably higher wages is galling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here