• out

Votes: 35 13.2%
  • fence

Votes: 33 12.4%

• Total voters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm all for discussing tactics, formations, criticisms of the team, but asking for Gus to go after just a year and in the Championship!? Well, 17% of you are entitled to your opinion, but I think you're clueless idiots that feed the short termism that blights football.

Definitely IN for me, the man is making mistakes, but I'm along for the ride with him through thick & thin!

Good post, all these idiots never make mistakes in their lives. Thing is we lose GP, where would we go from there? What would we get better when GP has ingrained his personality on the club from the top to the bottom. We start again? Why? We have a perfectly good manager, manages the pressure as he is high profile and a legend as a player, has got us knocking on the door of Prem footy, where do we go from there? Another rebuild? The detractors don't really think of the future, they think of the here and now... who do we get in for Gus and his staff?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Good post, all these idiots never make mistakes in their lives. Thing is we lose GP, where would we go from there? What would we get better when GP has ingrained his personality on the club from the top to the bottom. We start again? Why? We have a perfectly good manager, manages the pressure as he is high profile and a legend as a player, has got us knocking on the door of Prem footy, where do we go from there? Another rebuild? The detractors don't really think of the future, they think of the here and now... who do we get in for Gus and his staff?

I desperately want him to succeed but it's painfully obvious that the formation doesn't work. With the personnel we have we should be scoring goals, we have the players. If he was to go and if it was possible I'd have Hoddle in a heartbeat. I think we are made for him and his philosophy

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I completely agree with you with the IF analogy. IF is the swaying word. But the fact is Blackpool's many chances didn't go in because we actually played well defensively.

The point about beating just Leeds and Peterborough (you know that's what I meant don't get smart) was that it would change things and people opinions massively. The word IF is used in this context to describe the smallest of margins and that's what football is about. One tiny action can change a season.

We did play well defensively but that was only part of the reason more than one of their chances didn't go in ... we were just fortunate, any other day and we'd be beaten out of sight. Even if Orlandi had scored and even if we somehow managed to mug them for all 3 points it doesn't alter the fact that (defence aside) that was a totally hapless performance, as have been many of late. For all the reason I mentioned earlier I expect more. I'm less bothered by the result than the performance, simply because one will be the product of the other almost 100% of the time, today it wasn't. If I'm alone in holding that view then fair enough.

Every 'friggin idiot' that knows anything about football would own up to that. But luck plays a huge amount in promotion and hopefully this is the luck we need? Just a thought.

Luck got us a point today as it will get us more as it will also get points for other teams and equally bad luck will play it's part so it'll even itself out in the end. For the most part we're going to beat teams fair and square and there's been little in the games that I've seen since (against a very poor) Sheff W that says we are serious contenders and that's disappointing when on paper we should be able to compete far better

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Be careful wot u wish for : Name me one out of work manager that will better us?

Why would it have to be someone out of work? We need to be able to change our style of play from week to week and even within games. Poyet has said we only play one way, well if that way isnt working its down to him to find an alternative. I cant say I'm unhappy about where we are in the league at the moment or a very hard earned ,if undeserved, point today but I am severely pissed off with the boring fare offered by The Albion. I pay my money to be entertained and it's not happening.

If Maccas overhead kick had gone in we would all be on the :drink: tonight and looking forward to 'Dirty Leeds' Our players are not Premiership standard yet so unless you are minted and can buy us a few players enjoy the ride - ninety nine per-cent of teams are gonna win feck all this season!:amex:

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

Yes we all mistakes in our life’s but learn from them but Gus seems to make mistakes every week but never learns and still makes the same mistakes week in week out and all we hear on here is that he is young and will make mistakes, how many mistakes are people going to allow before enough is enough?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Surely it's time to lift the ban on the "C" word on here as we now have 23 of them ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You don't even need our past to justify it, he kept us up when relegation looked odds on, he won the league the following season, then has us on the verge of the playoffs the following.

NSC is full of these imbeciles that have no idea of how complex a thing it is to get a team to gel. We have a new group of players struggling a bit to settle into the team, but I have faith it will happen. I'm not blindly defending Gus, far from it, some of his decisions are infuriating at times, but he's making the decisions and the team is progressing/developing even if results have gone backwards lately.

We'd honestly be a footballing laughing stock if we even contemplated parting with GP, we'd look tin pot in the extreme when the rest of football sees the great strides he's making as a manager and us as a club.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
If Maccas overhead kick had gone in we would all be on the :drink: tonight and looking forward to 'Dirty Leeds' Our players are not Premiership standard yet so unless you are minted and can buy us a few players enjoy the ride - ninety nine per-cent of teams are gonna win feck all this season!:amex:

have I said anything about winning trophy's? All I want is entertainment. You don't need prem players to have an entertaining game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
strange set of results again today...look at huddersfield losing 4 nil at millwall a team who we beat not that long ago (seems longer)...and yet huddersfield beat blackpool away 3/1 recently ..its all a bit crazy

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
That was 4 days ago how quickly do you think he works. Rather he took a couple days more finding a decent striker than another Paynter.

This thread frankly embarrasses me and the large majority of sensible people. Other fans (mainly Palace) will be mocking us about threads like these. Where on earth were you when we were playing extremely well scoring 15 goals in four games? Do you clueless people not realise the team is capable of performing? Reading your posts make it seem like we're playing as well as we possibly can. Do me a favour and get a grip people and comment at the end of the season.

Also, Poyet has taken us from league 1 relegation candidates to a recognised championship team in about three years. How many other managers have done that?!!!?? We're 9th in the most competitive league around and people still can't take it. One question, where do all you doubters expect us to be exactly?

I think that sums it up nicely!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I desperately want him to succeed but it's painfully obvious that the formation doesn't work. With the personnel we have we should be scoring goals, we have the players. If he was to go and if it was possible I'd have Hoddle in a heartbeat. I think we are made for him and his philosophy

Right thats it, I'm getting the single malt out, this post has to be a wind up!!!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's a fair point as we could be more attacking.
In reply But sacking a young manager who's still developing would be the biggest mistake anyone can make. Look at all the majorly successful mangers today and the large proportion of them started their career with a medium length stint at a club. No reason why Gus can't be the same. Give him time

I will. It's the others on here who'll get edgy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You don't even need our past to justify it, he kept us up when relegation looked odds on, he won the league the following season, then has us on the verge of the playoffs the following.

NSC is full of these imbeciles that have no idea of how complex a thing it is to get a team to gel. We have a new group of players struggling a bit to settle into the team, but I have faith it will happen. I'm not blindly defending Gus, far from it, some of his decisions are infuriating at times, but he's making the decisions and the team is progressing/developing even if results have gone backwards lately.

We'd honestly be a footballing laughing stock if we even contemplated parting with GP, we'd look tin pot in the extreme when the rest of football sees the great strides he's making as a manager and us as a club.

Very much so, I think he's got stuff wrong recently, but I'll wait for him to sort it. It's called faith.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
have I said anything about winning trophy's? All I want is entertainment. You don't need prem players to have an entertaining game.

Go to a bloody Take That concert then! Football is about taking the rough with the smooth, the ups with the downs, we've had a bad FOUR game run, prior to that we were flying. Some people seriously need to get a grip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here