Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet on BBC1 tonight??

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Even in adversity, the Gus star still shines brightly in the eyes of some on here. Makes me feel a tad queasy I must say. :sick: His comments after the Palace game were the final nail in the coffin for me but each to his/her own I guess.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
His comment about treating the players... Hmm

The player, Vicente, Poyet had a pop back, it seems people are desperate to find a stick, any stick to beat Poyet with. Yesterday was a cracking pr coup for Poyet, he came across well and balanced and we found out more in 2 minutes from Lineker than the club have deemed we should know in 5 weeks apart from a few pr exercises from Barber. As it stands this morning it is Poyet 1 The Club 0. The club need to get to grips with this now as they are starting to look shambolic imo.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Even in adversity, the Gus star still shines brightly in the eyes of some on here. Makes me feel a tad queasy I must say. :sick: His comments after the Palace game were the final nail in the coffin for me but each to his/her own I guess.

Mybe something to do with the fact he's just helped us acheive our highest position for nearly 30 years? Maybe.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
PHP:
With respect, Gus is probably the only Uruguayan ex international with good enough knowledge of the Uruguay team and the standard of English to articulate it.

And of course...

Uruguayan race relations
Uraguayan colloquial terms for Afro Carribean folk
Uraguayan canabalism
And of course what is the best filling in a Uraquayan chevito.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well it was the best of times. And the suspicion is that, as Joni Mitchell sang, you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Good quote. Dickens had it right 'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times'

Now need to back the club's decision which, whatever it is, will not be popular with a fair few.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Mybe something to do with the fact he's just helped us achieve our highest position for nearly 30 years? Maybe.

Like you, I am grateful for everything that Gus did for us; and, you're right, finishing 4th in the table is a great achievement but the way in which Gus seemed to be forever touting himself to other clubs I found sickening. It would have been good to have seen Gus showing more respect for the club and his employer.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The footballing World and neutrals are going to start to be very much team Gus. People don't like the idea of someone being suspended for 5 weeks and counting without any firm allegations being nailed to the mast and made public. Gus is starting to look the good guy especially after last night. The club need to make a decision TODAY and if it means paying Gus off, just get on with it and write this one down to experience.

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
My goodness, I thought I was the only daft early bird in seaford !

I saw it somewhat earlier but was at work and unable to view NSC otherwise I would have woken you all up and pointed you in the direction of the latest

Let's not forget, COC draw in an hour's time ... anyone at home would suit me !

Now back to the main topic of the day....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I also firmly believe that someone at the club wanted him out. They have been quite clever in alienating Gus so the fans end up wanting rid of one the finest managers we have ever had.

Yep, and we all know who that person is. Its not exactly difficult to spin football fans, is it? They're not generally the most level headed, open-minded bunch.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well it was the best of times. And the suspicion is that, as Joni Mitchell sang, you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Christ DKM, Dickens AND Joni Mitchell......... Well played sir.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This thread is complete bumcakes from beginning to end. Not even The Warren Commission had to deal with so much bullcrap, conjecture, speculation, conspiracies, stupidity, downright fabrications and the like.

Not since Papillon, its follow-up Banco and Andy McNab's Bravo Two Zero were published has so much fiction been passed off as 'apparent' fact.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This thread is complete bumcakes from beginning to end. Not even The Warren Commission had to deal with so much bullcrap. Conjecture, speculation, conspiracies, stupidity, downright fabrications and the like.

Not since Papillon , its follow-up Banco and Andy McNab's Bravo Two Zero were published has so much fiction been passed off as 'apparent' fact.

That is what tends to happen after 5 weeks with no news.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
As I have said before, this club still leaks like a sieve. The way the Friday stuff was handled (leaked to press and others that a meeting would take place, despite Gus allegedly advising at least 2 days earlier that he could attend until Monday. Then cue another leak that he has refused to turn up etc etc and cue derision from the masses who take this as a sleight against them). All just goes to show that in my opinion, there has been a concerted exercise to spin this from day 1 in order to 'manage' the fans.

I would say 'spins like a top' they don't let anything out that they don't want out.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
the club are looking very silly.....by 2pm i demand some movement, and really hope poyet is kicked and then publically made to look like a fool.

some of you on here shock me - he totally gave away the palace game at the amex....unforgivable.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Like you, I am grateful for everything that Gus did for us; and, you're right, finishing 4th in the table is a great achievement but the way in which Gus seemed to be forever touting himself to other clubs I found sickening. It would have been good to have seen Gus showing more respect for the club and his employer.

Yes, I understand that, but surely you can see a large majority of albion fans don't care what he says after the match, it's what we acheive on the pitch and what we pay for is the most important thing. And this year has been delightful football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here