Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's Barnsley Press Conference

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was a 5 year plan, has this been shortened as TB feels the need to pander to hysteria from over expectant fans ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Expectation of some fans is far too high, we are literally just coming out of a 14 year bad dream which had a few highs but far more lows including virtually going out of business due to the constraints of Withdean bar some people putting cash up, then someone with £100 million builds us a fantastic new stadium yet expectation is Premiership.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Gus is a smart political cookie and knows all about good PR. If he succeeds he's done it on limited budget. If he doesn't he can point to a lack of budget. Of course he's got a budget and less than some others in this league but it's not the most limiting factor to our performances. Just ask Blackpool, Norwich and Swansea how they got promoted with small budgets

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Gus is playing a game.

Sending out a message to perspective players and agents that we are not the sugar daddies of The Championship and won't be paying over the top transfer fees and wages.

Mark my words by the time the transfer window closes, we will have at least one new quality addition.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Reassuring and no real surprise we have brought 4 quality players in already and there is money in the pot for the allusive striker I am more than happy with that. Don't forget the development squad I firmly believe several of them will be first team players in the next couple of years. Gus has ensured we will not be relegated and the squad will get better the infrastructure is there or there abouts to push on.
We all want the best squad possible but I would rather have a healthy championship team flirting with the prem than a shit or bust Pompey no future club and what are there certain posters who alway criticise?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Gus should, after his brilliant career have several million pounds in the bank so wot the feck is he gonna worry about! He will allways push the boundries with Tony Bloom, and good luck to him and us the supporters. Eventually he will either piss off TB and be let go or sacked! We are only a stepping stone for him. I hope he stays for many years, but I would not be surprised if he goes sooner than later. Every press conference he fecking moans about how much money the opposing teams have to play with. Personally if we can stay in this league for a few years I will be happy. But I think It will all end in tears because of EGO'S.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nah, he's been around for years. Clearly a decent Albion fan, but a little on the 'half empty' side of things.

Half empty? I don't think his glass has ever had anything in it. I cannot remember a positive sir albion post.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Half empty? I don't think his glass has ever had anything in it. I cannot remember a positive sir albion post.

Well, it took me five minutes and three pages of his posts, but success:

Thread: ****Brighton and Hove Albion V Cardiff City, AMEX, 21 August 2012, Match Thread****
by sir albion Replies
Views

Brilliant crowd and more than most expected,if the away following was big it would,ve been 27k+:)

Three pages full of bloody moaning contained that gem. Maybe you're right. Maybe it's irrational, but I just don't consider him to be that bad.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Very pleased that we are not bowing to Agents and players that want the earth in wages , it would be nice to think that a player would wish to come here for atmosphere,manager and to actually ' play ' etc etc rather that rot in a Premier clubs unwanted list just picking up their immense dough. Also thank God Mr Bloom is not going to let the club do a Pompey and return to the horrible days of before.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Thread: ****Brighton and Hove Albion V Cardiff City, AMEX, 21 August 2012, Match Thread****
by sir albion Replies
Views

Brilliant crowd and more than most expected,if the away following was big it would,ve been 27k+:)

Three pages full of bloody moaning contained that gem. Maybe you're right. Maybe it's irrational, but I just don't consider him to be that bad.

My glass is always full - I have a new seat with 5 others in East Upper - the service is 100 percent better than last year - the fans around me range from OAP's to 4 year olds and is all good BUT! there seems to be something rumbling under the surface. Just get on with it Gus - if you keep us in this league or better than its all good!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Personally I think its a diversion. Gus has said we are in a beeter position this year than we were last year. He cant go and say that we are going for a top two, four, six etc finish etc, because if it does not happen he will be in for it. Though if it does happen, it will work in his favour, Gus Poyet the man who got the club promoted with little spending money.
Its all a part of the plan.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

by sir albion Replies
Views

A shame it was about the attendance and not football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here