Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's team vs Houghton's team

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As much as I enjoyed Poyet's histrionics, at the time, a straight up battle between Poyet v Hughton.

Hughton's class wins by an easy knockout.

(I reckon I've just about forgiven him for the first 6 months of his tenure).

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Hugh Tonn for me, honest, loyal, modest and overseen great recruitment. Just wish he'd keep his foot on the gas and stop trying to defend a lead at the exclusion of attacking options. If it wasn't for Caldi he'd be my Club Pin up! :blush:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Poyets team was better to watch.
Hughton is more tactically aware. Therefore more likely to get promotion.
If it's about getting promotion then Hughton, if it's about watching flair filled football then Poyet.

Hughton.

I disagree. Poyet’s team was predictable and cautious. The opposition would let us have the ball and catch us on the break. The last 20 mins of a Poyet game was all about desperately hanging on to a lead or desperately hanging on to a draw.

Occasionally we were treated to a good game but most of the time it was frustrating, with Hughton it is the opposite.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think there was more individual talent in the Poyet team. We saw in Poyet's final weeks and months a self-obsessed manager who took his eye off the ball. I don't think anybody thinks that will happen to Hughtown. If we miss out, it will either be because we weren't good enough in the end or we were unlucky. I can't see it being managerial weakness. So I'm very glad to be Team CH

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Ive enjoyed watching this team more than watching the Poyet play off chasing team. I think its the whole package nicely rounded off by a manager who knows how to show a little humility and honesty. Add to that the style of football we have played at times this year, especially now we have AK, and its the winner for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here