Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-season Friendlies 2020-21: First team, U-23s and U-18s

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The press were busy doing the media stuff for a new signing so needed a reason put out as to why they weren't covering the friendly at all ? ???

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What was the lineup and who scored? Why the secrecy?

Yeah I don’t get the secrecy though

Btw looks like Veltman got roughed up. Cba to link the Instagram.

But why so secretive about the line up though?

Is it possible there’s a new, unannounced signing? Or someone left out?

Just seems odd.

The press were busy doing the media stuff for a new signing so needed a reason put out as to why they weren't covering the friendly at all ? ???

:lol:

I have no idea why Albion want to keep things quiet, but they did exactly the same thing last season - Anyone else heard this?

I was led to believe then, by someone who would know, that there were actually two matches that day, the second being against a different team entirely, with a mix of first team/U-23s taking part in the matches.

When all is said and done, the result of these games is completely meaningless (the players have been back training for less than a week, for crying out loud!). In fact, that is probably the reason the club says nothing - would you expect them to publicise the line-ups and score from an intra-squad game?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In fact Ben White beat a strong Pompey team with just Maty Ryan in goal. No one else.

Just

Ben

White.

Very disappointing. If White is half the player that Leeds fans claim Bielsa has created, then he shouldn't have needed a goalkeeper. Sell him now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
:lol:

I have no idea why Albion want to keep things quiet, but they did exactly the same thing last season - Anyone else heard this?

I was led to believe then, by someone who would know, that there were actually two matches that day, the second being against a different team entirely, with a mix of first team/U-23s taking part in the matches.

When all is said and done, the result of these games is completely meaningless (the players have been back training for less than a week, for crying out loud!). In fact, that is probably the reason the club says nothing - would you expect them to publicise the line-ups and score from an intra-squad game?

Look at social media when Everton were 3-0 down after 10mins at Blackpool after 10mins.

First games meaningless, glorified training / fitness exercise

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
My guess with all the secrecy is they don't want to give other teams any information in terms of form. Saw there were some Triallists too so wouldn't be ideal making their names or our intentions public perhaps!

I don't know, just occurred to me I guess aha!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
62eeecd2793bed6b099c28837c68ba69.jpg

Aaron leaks the goal scorers (him)

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The government will be unable to judge how successful the event was due to 2,100 fans leaving the stadium on 80 minutes .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Wasn’t this friendly billed as “non-prestige opposition “?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

When Naylor tweeted that he said "Amex friendly", so clearly there was only scheduled at that point. Based upon what has been said since that, there are now plans for two.

I also wonder how keen the clubs will be to have their first XIs face each other in a pre-season friendly only a couple of weeks before they are scheduled to meet in the opening Premier League fixture.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
When Naylor tweeted that he said "Amex friendly", so clearly there was only scheduled at that point. Based upon what has been said since that, there are now plans for two.

I also wonder how keen the clubs will be to have their first XIs face each other in a pre-season friendly only a couple of weeks before they are scheduled to meet in the opening Premier League fixture.

Call Crofty up from the U23's and have him kick lumps out of them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It was.

I'm not sure if that's because...

- The club classify the European sides we've faced as "prestige"
- The club wanted to temper expectations about this game
- The opposition has changed at some point since initial planning

...but as far as I'm aware it's always been against Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here