Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-season Friendlies 2020-21: First team, U-23s and U-18s

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I also wonder hsow keen the clubs will be to have their first XIs face each other in a pre-season friendly only a couple of weeks before they are scheduled to meet in the opening Premier League fixture.

Does seem odd given the first match of the season!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion U-23s beat Fulham 2-0 today (no idea yet of the line-up or scorers).

1st Team:

Saturday August 22 v Portsmouth (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing) - Won 3-0
Dundee training camp August 24 to 28
Saturday August 29 Kick-off: ?pm v Chelsea (Venue: Amex Stadium)
Saturday September 5 Kick-off: ?pm v ? (Venue: Amex Stadium)

U-23s:

Wednesday August 19 v Whitehawk (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing) - Won 1-0
Tuesday August 25 v Fulham (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing) - Won 2-0

U-18s:

Saturday August 22 v Fulham (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing)
Saturday August 29 v Millwall (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing)

Anyone heard of any more fixtures?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Friendly at the Amex against Chelsea on Saturday - 2500 tickets for STH or 1901

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
That report from Fulham, describing the 1st goal, our number 11 sounded pretty familiar, making a strong run down the left hand side before cutting inside and curling a shot into the far corner, the Fulham keeper was left with no chance. I suppose if Fulham agreed, as it's only a friendly, there would be no harm in us playing an over 23 player on his way back from injury.

Only guessing as there really isn't much to go on, but i bet i'm not the only one thinking that sounded like a certain South American.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looking forward to seeing the lineups against Chelsea.

Maybe it's an ambitious hope but it would be great to see Izquierdo get a run out.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Have we got another friendly on Saturday 5th and have opposition been confirmed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have we got another friendly on Saturday 5th and have opposition been confirmed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes we have.

But it's without a crowd.

It clashes with the Carabao Cup 1st round, so it'll most likely be against a PL team.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That report from Fulham, describing the 1st goal, our number 11 sounded pretty familiar, making a strong run down the left hand side before cutting inside and curling a shot into the far corner, the Fulham keeper was left with no chance. I suppose if Fulham agreed, as it's only a friendly, there would be no harm in us playing an over 23 player on his way back from injury.

Only guessing as there really isn't much to go on, but i bet i'm not the only one thinking that sounded like a certain South American.

Per this article on the website today, our scorers were Jensen Weir and Stefan Vukoje.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here