Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 04/07 - 06/07

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It’s a real shame West Ham beat Chelsea. Otherwise some tasty games coming up for West Ham v Watford and villa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I flicked over to the Chelsea Watford game and the sign where the seats are said thank you wankers, was only from looking the 2nd time I realised it was thank you NHS workers. Is that just me?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
3-0

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For the first time in his managerial career, I’m questioning whether Pearson isn’t that good.

An awful lot on money (before his time) was spent in recruiting world class Sarr, Foster’s quality, Deulofeu also, whilst Pozzi footballing connections landed the talents of Doucoure and Pereyra, plus the PL quality of Capoue, Welbeck and Deeney. Pace and power across the squad. The highlight beating the Champions, but it all seems a bit flat and rubbish now.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ever since I was a kid, I’m far more demonstrative, jumping up with an aggressive roar. Scaring my family and assorted cats over the years. I thought everyone did the same at home, when their team scores.

I most certainly do. The dog nearly shit itself in terror when Maupay scored the winner against the arse last week :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OK so first bet since lockdown.

Burnley
Newcastle
Villa
Southampton

£5 @ 676.87/1

Candy from a baby.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
For the first time in his managerial career, I’m questioning whether Pearson isn’t that good.

An awful lot on money (before his time) was spent in recruiting world class Sarr, Foster’s quality, Deulofeu also, whilst Pozzi footballing connections landed the talents of Doucoure and Pereyra, plus the PL quality of Capoue, Welbeck and Deeney. Pace and power across the squad. The highlight beating the Champions, but it all seems a bit flat and rubbish now.

Beyond Sarr and Deulofeu, are any of them actually that good? Most are also getting on a bit.

I may be biased, the biggest **** I’ve ever lived with was a Watford fan so I always hope they do poorly. Yes I am that petty.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Normally yes, but I loved the shot of all the Albion supporters reacting to Trossard’s winner.

Interesting for me to see that they all seemed to stay relatively calm, remaining seated. Ever since I was a kid, I’m far more demonstrative, jumping up with an aggressive roar. Scaring my family and assorted cats over the years. I thought everyone did the same at home, when their team scores.

I most certainly do. The dog nearly shit itself in terror when Maupay scored the winner against the arse last week :lolol:

Yep, as per the match report I posted this morning I ended up in the kitchen after the goal and managed to get my daughter out of her room where she'd been glued to youtube :lolol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Interesting for me to see that they all seemed to stay relatively calm, remaining seated. Ever since I was a kid, I’m far more demonstrative, jumping up with an aggressive roar. Scaring my family and assorted cats over the years. I thought everyone did the same at home, when their team scores.

Maybe they are like me and still a bit flat with the whole thing. Still more restrained yesterday than I would be normally. I am warming to the whole thing and I guess that is result related but it all still seems a bit forced and just not the same. Some teams just haven't dealt with it well and the football is just a bit flat. My growl at the goal was still heard downstairs but the cat stayed in the room whereas she would normally be 3 miles away.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sky having picture trouble, keep just randomly getting a blank screen in the Burnley game.

Commentator: ‘Apologies for the technical issues we are having that is causing issues with the pictures’

Don’t apologise, a blank screen is an improvement on watching Burnley.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe they are like me and still a bit flat with the whole thing. Still more restrained yesterday than I would be normally. I am warming to the whole thing and I guess that is result related but it all still seems a bit forced and just not the same. Some teams just haven't dealt with it well and the football is just a bit flat. My growl at the goal was still heard downstairs but the cat stayed in the room whereas she would normally be 3 miles away.

I don’t know why, but I’ve loved Project Restart matches from the beginning. I’m able to concentrate on the game and shut out the stadia nothingness. I was always very pro the Restart, perhaps that subconsciously helps me get into it. I watched a couple of Bundesliga matches first, acclimatising me to it.

My semi-aggressive roar on England or club teams I like scoring, is something I’ve had since a kid in the late 70’s, along with being the only swearer in my large family. I put it down to an ‘education’ of sorts in the packed old Goldstone North Stand.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Some finish that.

Fancy West Ham to beat Newcastle thought the odds might be quite good, they are favourites :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here