Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 18-22 / 07 / 20

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think this has been the most desperate end to a PL season. Perhaps the long break heightened the feeling in clubs to absolutely do anything to avoid the dreaded drop?

Villa and Bmuff as each game goes on with an unfavourable scoreline (Villa throughout the 90 in every game), launching ball after ball to a gaggle of giants in the penalty box, on the deck principles abandoned. Diving galore.

Villa are woeful to watch.

Their entire game plan is to try win free kicks and set pieces, in the hope of bundling something in somehow.

It’s about as cynical and basic as a strategy can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So no point deduction, get promoted any and the fine off with prem money!
I don't know if there is now a points deduction, but at the time Bournemouth broke FFP the penalty was a fine, and unlike QPR they paid it at the time.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If Man City tonk Watford then Eddie still has a lifeline.

Do we want Plucky to escape? Im one of the posters who do not really dislike Bournemouth and in a way admire how a small club, not unlike us, have played in one of the best leagues in the world. Imagine...11k capacity, competing, sometimes beating the like of Liverpool, Man United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs ect. They may well have failed ultimately but i would imagine their fans will be proud of their club and ultimately be fond of the nickname that has arisen from rival supporters forum's.

Looking like our game with Burnley will be the dullest of the last-day fixtures from TV's point of view, who will screen it? Amazon? BabeStation?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Do we want Plucky to escape? Im one of the posters who do not really dislike Bournemouth and in a way admire how a small club, not unlike us, have played in one of the best leagues in the world. Imagine...11k capacity, competing, sometimes beating the like of Liverpool, Man United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs ect. They may well have failed ultimately but i would imagine their fans will be proud of their club and ultimately be fond of the nickname that has arisen from rival supporters forum's.
I never really take a position on who I particularly want to go down, whatever will be will be.

Having said that I also think arrogant fans deserve taking down a peg or two and Villa certainly fits that tag.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking like our game with Burnley will be the dullest of the last-day fixtures from TV's point of view, who will screen it? Amazon? BabeStation?

Hope it’s BT Sport and Jake Humphrey

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Would like to see it
It would be some escape if nothing else
Also enjoy the Bournemouth games

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Villa are woeful to watch.

Their entire game plan is to try win free kicks and set pieces, in the hope of bundling something in somehow.

It’s about as cynical and basic as a strategy can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A perfect summary, all true.

Villa players going down from the first minute when brushed by a feather. Seven tall guys advance to the box.

Rinse and repeat for 90 minutes.

Disgraceful football from Dean Smith. £145m spent and that’s all they offer.

Bizarrely his Brentford team played good football. We now know that was a result of their enduring system, whoever’s got the manager job.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I dont mind. They will be shit next season regardless of division so they might as well stay up.

On the other hand, chances that Dunk stays increased if Norwich goes down.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Outrageous goal for Spurs Son offside then Kane in an offside position runs in front of the keeper as Son shoots. Spurs 1 Leicester 0

I think Son was still just about in the Spurs half by millimetres when Kane played the ball through. Agree about the second one with Kane offside though. Expected that to be ruled out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Dave just repeat last years game

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I dont mind. They will be shit next season regardless of division so they might as well stay up.

On the other hand, chances that Dunk stays increased if Norwich goes down.

Norwich are down, so I have no idea what you are talking about re Dunk and you probably haven’t been watching the lower reaches of the PL long enough to know that Smug is actually a good manager. Muff need to go!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Norwich are down, so I have no idea what you are talking about re Dunk and you probably haven’t been watching the lower reaches of the PL long enough to know that Smug is actually a good manager. Muff need to go!

Oops.. meant Bournemouth, not Norwich!

Reason: if Bournemouth goes down, Nathan Ake would become cheaper than Lewis Dunk for anyone looking for a left-sided CB.

No doubt Eddie is good but if they survive now they will be completely mentally exhausted, plus their economy look pretty poor. I think next year is going to be very rough for them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here