Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 18-22 / 07 / 20

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Swansman;9425919. No doubt Eddie is good but if they survive now they will be completely mentally exhausted said:
Hope so I really don’t like them or him

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Bizarrely his Brentford team played good football. We now know that was a result of their enduring system, whoever’s got the manager job.

...which is what I hope Uncle Tony is trying to instil at Brighton. It wouldn't surprise me at all if, some years from now, our next manager came from within the existing set up, as opposed to a "marquee" manager.

Please be Bruno, please be Bruno, please be Bruno...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't know if there is now a points deduction, but at the time Bournemouth broke FFP the penalty was a fine, and unlike QPR they paid it at the time.

Four and a half million fine.
I remember the night we played them the season they went up, we lost 0-2. They had 3 , 3 million pound plus players on their bench, our entire squad cost less than one of them.

Of course, we should all forget they cheated, plucky little miracle club.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Four and a half million fine.
I remember the night we played them the season they went up, we lost 0-2. They had 3 , 3 million pound plus players on their bench, our entire squad cost less than one of them.

Of course, we should all forget they cheated, plucky little miracle club.

We had absolutely no luck at all that evening either. We bossed them and lost

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It may not even go down to the last day for plucky. In the admittedly unlikely event of Watford not getting beaten by City, they'll be relegated before their last match.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Think the chosen one is operating VAR today.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Nothing against Watford really, but they do seem to have a strange way with managers and methinks all is not well within the club. Best go down and sort themselves out. Besides that, I lived in Bournemouth for three years, 1970-1973, back in the days of Ted McDougall and Phil Boyer, and used to watch them at the old Dean Court ground, when I wasn't driving to Brighton in my trusty, rusty old Austin A40, to see the Albion. Still got a soft spot for the club.

Watford stay up, implode next season as you suggest, one less team to worry about. Villa stay up, they could invest heavily and "right the ship". Really want Villa down and any decent players to abandon that ship.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
strange game, Leicester had 24 shots to Spurs 7, 71% possesion and lost 3-0

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Odd how VAR didn’t pick it up or mind of the commentators thought it was

No is odd isn't bit like the offisde goal Liverpool scored against us. No VAR replays nothing yet it was so close. Even the Ball to Son looked very close yet no freeze frame.

Doesn't matter much but VAR was going to stop the obvious bias but it's added to it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Would like to see it
It would be some escape if nothing else
Also enjoy the Bournemouth games
Enjoy them? We never beat them, it's a bit of a ******* to get to and they're not really that Plucky. Russian Billionaire flouting the rules. Nah. Bollards to their piss taking nouveau fans.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9425824 said:
I think I must be one of the few posters on here who actually like Bournemouth :shrug:

Play some great football at times and have shocked a few of the big clubs over the years. They contribute a lot more to the Premier League than dullards like Burnley, West Brom and Watford have over the years.

100%. I’ve always struggled with the anti-Bournemouth sentiment on here, just bizarre imho, and the Smug Eddie thing. Each to their own, but I for one am gutted to see them go down. There are a lot of clubs to take aim at out there, but AFCB, not for me.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
100%. I’ve always struggled with the anti-Bournemouth sentiment on here, just bizarre imho, and the Smug Eddie thing. Each to their own, but I for one am gutted to see them go down. There are a lot of clubs to take aim at out there, but AFCB, not for me.

Winning one League game in 14 against Howe doesn’t piss you off then? Fair enough :shrug:

And as b.w 2 says they cheated to get to the Premier League

Delighted to see them relegated

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

They cheated their way to promotion. **** ‘em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here