Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 18-22 / 07 / 20

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It does my head in watching a match where one team is clearly so uninterested...Arsenal were a disgrace. As said elsewhere, thank God there was nothing resting on that for us. Bournemouth fans must be pretty pissed off. Watford possibly less so, as they play Arsenal on Sunday.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Arsenal are like so many average sides now, they can look very good if they score the first goal but very limited if they concede first against a team that will then shut up shop.
Watford are playing Arsenal, who are well and truly capable of not turning up.
Villa go to West Ham which is far from a given, although West Ham are also capable of throwing a sickie.
I’m going for a West Ham win and Watford draw.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
It does my head in watching a match where one team is clearly so uninterested...Arsenal were a disgrace. As said elsewhere, thank God there was nothing resting on that for us. Bournemouth fans must be pretty pissed off. Watford possibly less so, as they play Arsenal on Sunday.

Bournemouth benefitted from City lacking interest though so cant complain too much.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Not wanting LL before the FAC Final, Arteta will play the Citeh beating team against Watford, to neatly keep Villa up.

T$sser.

I hope Chelsea wallop them in the final.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Villa are staying up because someone forgot to turn the goal line technology on. Unbelievable, if I was Watford I'd be lawyering up right now.

Then you'd presumably be sacking those lawyers, appointing the lawyers you had previously sacked to appoint them, sacking them again and also their replacements and then asking Troy Deeney to represent you.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Villa are the one side of the three that will be better next season.

I really disagree with that.

Bournemouth have had a tough run (like Burnley did a year ago or so) but they have quality in that squad and I’m sure Eddie would build on their survival and get them nearer 10th next season if they survive.

Watford have some terrific talent with the likes of Doucouré, Sarr and Deulofeu, they are always a manager away from having a great string of results (see Liverpool game this season).

Villa are a bunch of negative anti-footballing journeyman. Grealish & McGinn are their only players of note having spunked well over £100m on a load of average tat. They will need major surgery over the summer to avoid another relegation scrap but I can’t see them making much progress, especially as Grealish just refused to confirm he’ll be playing for them next season.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
For as much as I don’t like Grealish on the pitch when he plays us, I always think he comes over well in interviews.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well done

I did a silly thing near the end and bet on a Villa win. Greed. £46 profit altogether.

I’m playing with a small pot since Restart, the usual ups and downs.

Once it’s gone, it’s gone. I only started betting last August, so may pull out when it’s gone.

Next up:
I’ll look at on the beach LFC not beatIng desperate for CL football Chelsea.
Can’t see West Ham getting anything at Manure tomorrow.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Bournemouth have had a tough run (like Burnley did a year ago or so) but they have quality in that squad and I’m sure Eddie would build on their survival and get them nearer 10th next season if they survive.

Watford have some terrific talent with the likes of Doucouré, Sarr and Deulofeu, they are always a manager away from having a great string of results (see Liverpool game this season).

Villa are a bunch of negative anti-footballing journeyman. Grealish & McGinn are their only players of note having spunked well over £100m on a load of average tat. They will need major surgery over the summer to avoid another relegation scrap but I can’t see them making much progress, especially as Grealish just refused to confirm he’ll be playing for them next season.

Villa plan to go on big spend, this time on proven PL quality. Their supporters are confident that the owner will give two fingers to FFP ..... the ManC decision is seen as a loophole to exploit, as is the CV19 chaos in football finance.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I suppose Watford's batshit crazy owners always give the impression they could cause an implosion.

Villa will spunk another £100m in the summer. Yes, they won't get value for money, but one or two signings will come off. This was always the danger season for them.

Anyway, let's all have some belief that Potter will keep us far enough away from the dogfight that it's all academic

Oh and Muff are gone

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Does it ever come down to the toss of a coin?

Very interesting actually what would happen if teams got the same pts, same +/- and same amount goals scored. Trying to find what would be the "fourth decider" but there seems to be no rule in place.

In some leagues head to head would be the solution and I know that in Serie A there's been a few tie breakers over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here