Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 18-22 / 07 / 20

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Very interesting actually what would happen if teams got the same pts, same +/- and same amount goals scored. Trying to find what would be the "fourth decider" but there seems to be no rule in place.

In some leagues head to head would be the solution and I know that in Serie A there's been a few tie breakers over the years.

It is usually head to head results then coin toss I am not sure about the prem though.

Jimmy Grimble

Part of me is convinced some of them Arsenal players just want Watford and Deeney relegated. They’ll turn up on Sunday and beat them comfortably.

Think tonight proved that luck plays a huge part in football - in this case, the timing of when you play a side can be part of the difference between survival and relegation.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Part of me is convinced some of them Arsenal players just want Watford and Deeney relegated. They’ll turn up on Sunday and beat them comfortably.

Think tonight proved that luck plays a huge part in football - in this case, the timing of when you play a side can be part of the difference between survival and relegation.

Yeah that and whether goal line technology is on or off.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

People are forgetting that Arsenal put in a massive shift against City on Saturday and had two days to recover for this game. Nobody is criticising the fixture day choices.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'd be absolutely fuming if I was a Watford fan after that.

Not respecting the competition.

Looks like (comfortably) the worst side in the division will somehow stay up. Yes I include Naaarch.

Still, we have some part to play in that by inexplicably offering up 4 points for them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is usually head to head results then coin toss I am not sure about the prem though.

Found the answer in the rulebook:

If at the end of the Season either the League Champions or the Clubs to be relegated
or the question of qualification for other competitions cannot be determined because
two or more Clubs are equal on points, goal difference and goals scored, the relative
position in the table of the Clubs will be determined by the following means:

C.17.1. the total points scored by the relevant Clubs in the League Matches in that
Season contested by those Clubs (“Head-to-Head Matches”), with the
Club having scored the highest number of points in Head-to-Head
Matches occupying the highest position in the table and the Club having
scored the lowest number of points in Head-to-Head Matches occupying
the lowest position in the table;

C.17.2. if the Clubs cannot be separated by operation of Rule C.17.1, the Club
scoring the higher number of goals whilst the Visiting Club in Head-toHead Matches occupying the higher position in the table; and

C.17.3. if two Clubs cannot be separated by operation of Rule C.17.1 and C.17.2, a
play-off on a neutral ground, the format, timing and venue of which shall
be determined by the Board.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh and Muff are gone
We all thought Villa were gone 2 games ago.
To be fair, Watford will probably lose to Arsenal and Villa could well lose to West Ham - both are away. Not sure Bournemouth will win at Everton of course but then again Villa nearly managed it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Does it ever come down to the toss of a coin?

I believe if teams cannot be separated by points, goal difference and goals scored then both teams will be awarded the same finishing place in the table. However if European qualification or relegation rides on it then a play off at a neutral venue will take place, with extra and pens if required.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I did a silly thing near the end and bet on a Villa win. Greed. £46 profit altogether.

I’m playing with a small pot since Restart, the usual ups and downs.

Once it’s gone, it’s gone. I only started betting last August, so may pull out when it’s gone.

Next up:
I’ll look at on the beach LFC not beatIng desperate for CL football Chelsea.
Can’t see West Ham getting anything at Manure tomorrow.

No feeling over those games...I just go by hunches ..like tonight...least I said before the game :D

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The games were three days apart.

That’s completely normal for football in the UK, always has been.

no it isnt not in the prem and they have been playing 2 games a week for weeks. You have heard of the CL/European hangover games and that is when they only have to do it in the odd week or so. Villa played Thursday using your currency that is 5 days

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Bizarrely Bournemouth aren’t out of this, if both Watford and Villa lose, which is possible, and they beat Everton, unlikely but also possible, they can stay up on goal difference and relegate both Villa and Watford. Which would actually be my preference.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Bizarrely Bournemouth aren’t out of this, if both Watford and Villa lose, which is possible, and they beat Everton, unlikely but also possible, they can stay up on goal difference and relegate both Villa and Watford. Which would actually be my preference.

That would be amazing

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Sign me up for this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
no it isnt not in the prem and they have been playing 2 games a week for weeks. You have heard of the CL/European hangover games and that is when they only have to do it in the odd week or so. Villa played Thursday using your currency that is 5 days

Well Arsenal played 6 outfielders who didn’t start against Citeh, so only 4 were tired from the cruelty of playing 72 hours earlier.

Yet they still stunk the game out, no oomph, no focus, no fight. Handing relegation fodder, who’d previously conceded 66 goals, three points.

Arsenal fans tonight aren’t making the faux tired excuse. They’re fuming.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Well Arsenal played 6 outfielders who didn’t start against Citeh, so only 4 were tired from the cruelty of playing 72 hours earlier.

Yet they still stunk the game out, no oomph, no focus, no fight. Handing relegation fodder, who’d previously conceded 66 goals, three points.

Arsenal fans tonight aren’t making the faux tired excuse. They’re fuming.

Yea because they had to rest the players not recovered every team in the top 6 has had dodgy results because of this schedule (not even top 6 anyway) but Arsenal is singled out for stinking when they played Saturday Arsenal fans are entitled ********s and some more sensible are saying the same as me.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think Sunday will see a draw from Muff with both Watford and Villa losing.
Hence Villa staying up on goal difference.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Villa are going to wriggle out of relegation because of VAR and spend another £150million again before next season.

Oh well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here