Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Premium Bonds - prize pool increased again - you ever have any luck?

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
£50 this month on £35,000 holding.
Really not worth it, but have used this years isa allowance and interest on savings has just tipped me over the £1,000 tax free interest limit. Next year I’ll take some of the P Bonds cash to put into another isa.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Won £1000 a couple of months ago but usually between £50-£100 a month

Typically our prizes spread over the year are more or less bang on whatever the interest rate is. I’m ahead this year though as had a £1000 win a couple of months ago (biggest I’ve had).
If you don't mind me asking, how much do you both have invested/number of premium bonds?

If you're both winning like that, what's required. is it a few thousand, tens of thousands etc?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you don't mind me asking, how much do you both have invested/number of premium bonds?

If you're both winning like that, what's required. is it a few thousand, tens of thousands etc?
Got the max permitted (100k) between us (suited us when I was paying top rate tax, but barely pay any now) - so around £400 is about par in terms of ‘expected‘ return. £425 this month

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Just cashed my £5k of bonds this morning after no returns again.
Partially due to watching this video but also because I'm currently getting 5.08% on my cash ISA and over 10% on my Shares ISA

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just cashed my £5k of bonds this morning after no returns again.
Partially due to watching this video but also because I'm currently getting 5.08% on my cash ISA and over 10% on my Shares ISA

PBs worked for me when working as was maxing out the ISA and annual interest allowances annually anyway so the tax-free element and realistic chance of getting a reasonable return was ok for a no-risk investment. I need to think about whether switching them into ISAs over the next few years would be better now I have no income and nothing else to fund the ISAs with (ISAs are up about 20% in the last year but obv higher risk and more volatile as mostly in global equities). Still don’t think PBs are a bad investment in an overall portfolio (particularly for HRTs).

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Poor return compared with usual, £150 between the two of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here