Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston Fan Here!

northender

Aug 27, 2005
I am a North End fan. Sadly due to work, I was unable to make the game. I listened to the commentry on Whites World.

We should be winning our home games. We had one of the best home records last season. This season, we are yet to win at home!

I cannot believe we are missing so many chances at the moment.

I am gutted with the result. Well done to you guys, a point away from home is always good.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Mike

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
northender said:
I am a North End fan. Sadly due to work, I was unable to make the game. I listened to the commentry on Whites World.

We should be winning our home games. We had one of the best home records last season. This season, we are yet to win at home!

I cannot believe we are missing so many chances at the moment.

I am gutted with the result. Well done to you guys, a point away from home is always good.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Mike

Cheers fella!!

in all fairness....YOU SHOULD BE BEATING TEAMS LIKE BRIGHTON!!!!!:jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well sad to say you've let some decent players go. Why I don't know but I wouldn't panic just yet because preseason favorites Norwich are just above us on goal difference only.

Long way to go but good luck to you too.

northender

Aug 27, 2005
bhaexpress said:
Well sad to say you've let some decent players go. Why I don't know but I wouldn't panic just yet because preseason favorites Norwich are just above us on goal difference only.

Long way to go but good luck to you too.

Due to our success last season, other clubs have taken interest in our players.

On gates of 14,000 it is difficult to compete with Leeds. Cresswell only signed a new 3 year contract 6 months ago! Just before he went to Leeds, Preston offered him yet improved terms again but Leeds were still offering more. Preston went as far as they could with there offer and are not willing to get in debt like Leeds did.

We could have made him see out his contract but we have done that in the past and you end up with an unhappy player who isnt commited and then ends up leaving for a smaller fee.

He is now 28 and I feel we got a good fee for him when you consider we got Dave Nugent for £100k who is far better than Cressie.

Mike

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
14,000? We wish we got half that. :(

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Good luck mate, pre-season I expected PNE to be challenging for the play offs at least, looks like it may be difficult having lost some of your better players to durty Leeds, but there are plenty of teams in this division ripe for beating.

Didn't make it to the game today but will try to make it next season if both of us are in the same division, fingers crossed for us at least.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Preston Fan Here!

Brighton till i die said:
Cheers fella!!

in all fairness....YOU SHOULD BE BEATING TEAMS LIKE BRIGHTON!!!!!:jester:

Beat me to it mate! :thumbsup: :lol:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Have to say I thought the Preston internet commentary was really excellent. Tom [not sure of surname] was knowledgable, very fair to the opposition and managed to create a very good, professional broadcast. Despite his rather dull companion's occasional monosyllabic comments.

This put Shrewsbury's "Is this actually two blokes in a garden shed talking about marrows" style commentary in the shade.

But I really enjoyed the moment when, near the end, Tom had to leave his position to shout threateningly (still on-mic) at two brawling home fan kids who'd broken into his commentary box! Then he sat down agaiin, apologised to the listeners and carried on unruffled.

Great stuff. And what a true pro!

northender

Aug 27, 2005
Gilliver's Travels said:
Have to say I thought the Preston internet commentary was really excellent. Tom [not sure of surname] was knowledgable, very fair to the opposition and managed to create a very good, professional broadcast. Despite his rather dull companion's occasional monosyllabic comments.

This put Shrewsbury's "Is this actually two blokes in a garden shed talking about marrows" style commentary in the shade.

But I really enjoyed the moment when, near the end, Tom had to leave his position to shout threateningly (still on-mic) at two brawling home fan kids who'd broken into his commentary box! Then he sat down agaiin, apologised to the listeners and carried on unruffled.

Great stuff. And what a true pro!

You are referring to Tom Parker who is a nice guy. He gets a bit of stick off the PNE fans for some of the phrases he uses which we refer to as 'Parkerisms' whick inclue "the linesman raised his flag in installments", "wonderful, wonderfull, wonderfull", "what has Cresswell got in his locker".

Some one even did an audio mix of him with music and sampled Toms phrases. It is funny as hell. Iwill try and find it and upload it to the net.

His dull companion you refer to is our England Under21 goal keeper Andrew Lonergan and he is just come back from a crutiate ligament injury. He was having a superb season last year untill he got injured.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This is a Preston fan:

"Same old story

Brighton are shite and i'd be amazed if they stay up yet they still took a point off us!
We carved them open 4 or 5 times but due to very poor finishing we didn't put the ball in the back of the net. Lewis Neal came on and had a goal disallowed and then missed the best chance of the game in the last minute after good build up play. Youl Mawene also missed a sitter managing to head the ball over the bar which looked impossible. Sedgwick also had a couple of chances and Nugent and Dichio were none existant., man of the match Claude Davis."

I didn't go to the match, but listening to the commentary, it never looked like Preston were gonna score through their own efforts. There was always a possibility that the Albion would hand a win on the plate. We tried hard enough to give them a goal, but they were too useless ???

If both Jarrett and Carole were getting plenty of the ball, Preston could not be any great skates ???

PS; It is bit peculiar playing two wingers and nobody tall to cross to? I really cannot understand it.

Currie scored and made a goal today. Millwall must be really naff (encouraging).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Preston fan (as quoted by Perseus)
I didn't go to the match, but listening to the commentary, it never looked like Preston were gonna score through their own efforts. There was always a possibility that the Albion would hand a win on the plate. We tried hard enough to give them a goal, but they were too useless

He didn't see the match but made an informed post ???

sounds just like Nsc :lolol: :lolol:

northender said:
Due to our success last season, other clubs have taken interest in our players.

On gates of 14,000 it is difficult to compete with Leeds. Cresswell only signed a new 3 year contract 6 months ago! Just before he went to Leeds, Preston offered him yet improved terms again but Leeds were still offering more. Preston went as far as they could with there offer and are not willing to get in debt like Leeds did.

We could have made him see out his contract but we have done that in the past and you end up with an unhappy player who isnt commited and then ends up leaving for a smaller fee.

He is now 28 and I feel we got a good fee for him when you consider we got Dave Nugent for £100k who is far better than Cressie.

Mike

Northender, think you have a few problems now up front with Cresswell gone and Lewis not supplying the creativity - I enlarge on these comments in the big Preston/Albion match thread. Unless you solve that, you could slip into middle/lower-table averageness this season (which of course we would die for :) ). Lot of work for Davies.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here