Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Prostate Cancer

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
After a routine MRI I am now invited to pop in for the biopsy exercise, this Sunday. Bit worrying.
As for the procedure, Harry, I had one this morning...",Local Anaesthetic Transperineal Biopsy" if you're having the same 🤔.
Hospital in Bath, fantastic professional and empathetic staff. There was a little discomfort, but not unduly. Thank you, NHS staff 🙏🏼.
Hope it goes well for you.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I had a meeting with the oncologist yesterday and came away feeling very positive.
The bone scan didn't find anything nasty and the tumour hasn't spread outside the prostate.
I will be kept on the hormone treatment for about 12 months, with a course of radiotherapy in the Autumn and regular PSA tests .
This is good news.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
Hi all...
Had results of my final PSA test at Worthing this morning after 12 months of treatment, of tablets, 4 Prostap injections, 1 of which was in Vietnam and 20 radiotherapy sessions, 0.01 count, so obviously very happy, blood check every 6 months.... Have to say the NHS have been marvellous.
Hope all goes well for everybody being treated. UTA.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
Hi all...
Had results of my final PSA test at Worthing this morning after 12 months of treatment, of tablets, 4 Prostap injections, 1 of which was in Vietnam and 20 radiotherapy sessions, 0.01 count, so obviously very happy, blood check every 6 months.... Have to say the NHS have been marvellous.
Hope all goes well for everybody being treated. UTA.
Fantastic news.👍
I echo your comments regarding NHS, I have had great treatment so far.

Lord Charles

Oct 16, 2010
Bedford
As for the procedure, Harry, I had one this morning...",Local Anaesthetic Transperineal Biopsy" if you're having the same 🤔.
Hospital in Bath, fantastic professional and empathetic staff. There was a little discomfort, but not unduly. Thank you, NHS staff 🙏🏼.
Exactly what I had... Different hospital but still a fantastic NHS team. Maybe I have a lower pain threshold as there was certainly more than a little discomfort involved o_O .... The lesion they were targeting turned out to be 97% benign however the 3% which wasn't means that I'm on active surveillance for the foreseeable future. Could have been a lot worse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep. That's the one. I had one a couple of years ago and it was all clear, so I'm a bit miffed that I need another, but this was triggered by an MRI scan (which I didn't have last time) and hope they are simply being cautious. I don't have any more 'symptoms' than before I had the last set of biopsies. I am hoping they will use the MRI to guide the sampling as I am not looking forward to the full 24 grabs. Two or three will surely be sufficient? Surely? ???

Tremendous they are seeing me so quickly though. Rather different from the 1 year wait to be seen about sciatica.

Getting old, eh? I never signed up for this :lolol: :wink:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yep. That's the one. I had one a couple of years ago and it was all clear, so I'm a bit miffed that I need another, but this was triggered by an MRI scan (which I didn't have last time) and hope they are simply being cautious. I don't have any more 'symptoms' than before I had the last set of biopsies. I am hoping they will use the MRI to guide the sampling as I am not looking forward to the full 24 grabs. Two or three will surely be sufficient? Surely? ???

Tremendous they are seeing me so quickly though. Rather different from the 1 year wait to be seen about sciatica.

If 24 grabs, try and focus yr mind on Albions 24+ missed goal chances last season, that'll do it :D

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Exactly what I had... Different hospital but still a fantastic NHS team. Maybe I have a lower pain threshold as there was certainly more than a little discomfort involved o_O .... The lesion they were targeting turned out to be 97% benign however the 3% which wasn't means that I'm on active surveillance for the foreseeable future. Could have been a lot worse.
Ok, a "little discomfort" downplayed it a bit ...my pain threshold isn't super high.
I was being nice for @Harry Wilson's tackle 😃 but seeing as he's had one before...here we go! "Medium discomfort".
Hope your surveillance goes well 🤞🏻

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022

When I had my biopsies taken, a nurse was positioned near my head to talk to me and take my mind off what was happening to my perineum..
It didn't work!😁

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

I think I had 10 or 12 grabs this morning, and the consultant said the scan is used.

Interestingly...he said he always grabs from any area of suspicion first...in case the patient calls time on the procedure! Smart guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here