Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Prostate Cancer

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I think I had 10 or 12 grabs this morning, and the consultant said the scan is used.

Interestingly...he said he always grabs from any area of suspicion first...in case the patient calls time on the procedure! Smart guy.
10 or 12 grabs in the morning,

That meant only one thing as a teenager!

Glad everything went well for you, raymondo. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I had 10 or 12 grabs this morning, and the consultant said the scan is used.

Interestingly...he said he always grabs from any area of suspicion first...in case the patient calls time on the procedure! Smart guy.
All I can say is at times like these I'm glad I take care of the BS&C.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
On a visit to my doctor, she decided that she'd shove her gloved finger up my bum (I wish she had cut her nails beforehand!) to feel my prostate, and decided that a fuller examination was necessary. I was then invited to Eastbourne for an MRI scan - which lasted about half an hour. One of the scans felt like I was in a washing machine.
I then received an invitation to the Royal Marsden hospital for a perineal biopsy, they subsequently told me that I had a low grade PC, which might grow bigger and become a bit of a nuisance but I would have passed away before that might happen. They invited me on to an Active Surveillance programme, where I have a blood test every six months, plus a chat with a doctor, and an MRI scan annually. If it gets worse, there are other traditional options available to treat it, which I can opt for at anytime.
Fellahs - you've heard it before, but GET YOURSELF CHECKED. It might save you life.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’m not sure NSC is ready for the thought of your manicured BS&C!
I've mentioned earlier on this thread about the biopsies, where all dignity goes out of the window in having the hanging gardens of babylon on show, and I'll add for me watching the chap doing the task in hand, was like watching one of those cheap TV chefs cooking up a storm waving his whisk about 🫣

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"grabs" become interesting for a few weeks after a biopsy 🤣
Ah, who was that 1960s marionet? Yes, yes, it's coming to me.....Captain Scarlet!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
201 out of 100 👏🏼... great, I hope you reached double your $ target then 🙂
Initial target was £100, so smashed it mate, thanks to some fabulous friends and even some NSC mates 👍

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All I can say is at times like these I'm glad I take care of the BS&C.
.....and it was appreciated by the team. Nurse said that for many the most painful bit is having the tape (and pubes) ripped off at the end :LOL:

Honestly, you could eat your dinner off my perineum. :rave:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
.....and it was appreciated by the team. Nurse said that for many the most painful bit is having the tape (and pubes) ripped off at the end :LOL:

Honestly, you could eat your dinner off my perineum. :rave:
There are some things we really don't need to know.

:needpics:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
iodine is a wonderful cleanser! Hope it went ok, Harry.
Brilliant! I tried it with tonic and it was a little lively.

:O

Cheers mate. All's good :thumbsup:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you know that my PSA levels have fallen from 61-4 to 0.08 in a little over 3 months. So relieved and amazed its dropped so quick. Got oncology appointment weds and have heard they'll probably begin radiotherapy within 3 weeks . Hope everyone is doing well :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you know that my PSA levels have fallen from 61-4 to 0.08 in a little over 3 months. So relieved and amazed its dropped so quick. Got oncology appointment weds and have heard they'll probably begin radiotherapy within 3 weeks . Hope everyone is doing well :thumbsup:
Hi John, that's great news re PSA levels.
Wishing you all the best with the radiotherapy.
All good here, just waiting for the drudgery of the next PSA reading in August 😁

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here