Refreshments at the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The gumbo who served us in the north couldn't serve us pints straight away as he said he didn't know how too !!! Had to wait for someone else to do it.

In fairness he had been taught by half time and no flake was required so fair play to him!

I asked the lad who served me to top up my Fosters as it was about one third froth. He done it with no quibble. The issue seems to be with the training (or lack of) the staff have had. The Catering company have a contract to provide services to the required standard. If they're skimping on training to maximise profits they need to be taken to task by the club. Apart from fans suffering shit service, its unfair on the kids serving who'v been thrown in the deep end & getting abuse because they haven't been trained properly.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Have to say pies are v. nice but queuing for 30 mins is not something I will do at a "real game" went to wsu 10 mins before half time (to be honest not to bothered about the footie today) and got back in stand after kick off.
I was trying to understand why it took so long to serve each person, definately some of it was down too the fact that they did not have all the options so people were having to reselect. Only half the tills were in use so there is room for more lines, however that will not speed each line up. It seems that most of the staff were students, very pleasant, but obviously not au fait with work in the real world. Rocket up the ass will do it, I reckon, or borrow a few staff from a well run McDonalds!

Was in East Stand and service very slow, nowhere to put your drink/food down, they said Harvery's wasn't included in the Pie & a Pint deal?, Harverys out of a Polypin??, my son's hot dog was poor, huge concourses and a FANTASTIC stadium.

Biggest grumble (despite the fact I eventually discovered that it wasn't open) that no steward could tell us hot to get to the Supporters Club Bar is. Hope I find for the Spurs game or will be going to the Swan before taking my seat in WSU and giving the North Stand some voval competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Service very slow. They couldn't find items on the till. Poor training.
Pies FANTASTIC!!! Although I had ordered a burger. Glad they gave me the wrong thing now.

More training and more speed required. Early days though!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
In the WSU they sold out of Fosters, Kronenburg and only had Strongbow by the time i got served befoer the match and only once kiosk open which took over 30mins queuing to get served. (only3 of the till points open)

They had the other beers at half time but only had Fosters at full time so left.

Hopefully this is just teething problems but have been talking to someone in the know and they said that they have nowhere to store extra barrels in the WSU so their running out of beer could become a regular problem.

The only other criticism was a lack of a clock in the concourse (missed a fair bit of the 2nd half because i hadn't realised it had started again) or while watching the game to know how long had gone / was left (minor grumbles i know) but otherwise a fantastic stadium.

Too be fair, when there is a reduced capacity, they are taking a big risk prepouring 40 pints, they may end up cucking half of them away.
I would imagine for a full house, there will be more staff and a lot of prepoured beers ready and waiting
Not when there are 60 people queuing.

It took 20 minutes to get served in the North Stand, at 2.00pm - with that number in the queue. [Let's face it, what else is there to do when standing patiently for that length of time, but count the number of people who arrived earlier?]

The Withdean kiosks managed a throughput of four times that number in half the time.

Serving Harveys out of a cardboard box is about as inefficient as you can get. Even if you don't want Harveys, it slows down everybody else's service. I would normally moan about the time it takes a lively lager to be served - but not today.

And they'd run out of chicken and ham pies, 40 minutes before kick-off.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Does sound like alot of the serving staff were just chucked in at the deep end today. Obviously that will improved as they get more experience, but should it happen in the first place?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I queued up for 30 minutes in the WSU from 2pm and barely moved 2 metres, in a queue of about 15 metres.

I hate moaning as evertything at the stadium is great, but it was SO SLOW and there was simply no excuse for it. The place was more than half empty, so personally I think it will be a total disaster zone come the Spurs game.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
......... I gave him a fiver for a pint of Kronie, got my pint and the correct change, but noticed he'd run up a tenner as the amount tendered. So his till's going to be at least a fiver out, ...

No it won't if he gave you the correct change! It would have been if he'd given you change from the tenner!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hope the club realise what a goldmine of instant feedback NSC is providing. There is absolutely no other way they would be able to obtain such a highly precise honest assessment of their performance by the paying punters. Now all they got to do is act on it and everybody wins.

HK SEAGULL

Jul 2, 2011
Haywards Heath
Very fair feedback in this chain. I will certainly have my lunch before I go next time - I waited over 30 mins in WSL for a poor hotdog with the stadium only a third full. The staff could not understand English or work the tills. The vans at Withdean were far more efficient with HOT food. But the stadium is great and the near site parking worked well despite the weather. Even the trains looked OK, although not a fair test with a crowd that size.

Oct 25, 2003
remember that it was essentially the first day in the job for the entire workforce.........it was always going to a be a bit of a case of throwing them in at the deep end

it'll improve

(although it was shit)

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Serving Harveys out of a cardboard box is about as inefficient as you can get. Even if you don't want Harveys, it slows down everybody else's service. I would normally moan about the time it takes a lively lager to be served - but not today.

my mate was speaking with a rep from Harveys, and he said "this is what you get when the catering people don't speak with the stadium architects" they are looking for a way to get them plumbed in.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Does sound like alot of the serving staff were just chucked in at the deep end today. Obviously that will improved as they get more experience, but should it happen in the first place?

Spot on. There's a lot of things I can't say which majorly hacked me off today, they really need to sort it out. By the way I was working as one of the chefs up there, on my own running one of the Kiosks on the East Stand. The general patients of most fans was brilliant despite the crap co-ordinating of the majority of staff.

Looks like the Mother and I best start making pies again, 2000 sold today almost by half time!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Spot on. There's a lot of things I can't say which majorly hacked me off today, they really need to sort it out. By the way I was working as one of the chefs up there, on my own running one of the Kiosks on the East Stand. The general patients of most fans was brilliant despite the crap co-ordinating of the majority of staff.

Looks like the Mother and I best start making pies again, 2000 sold today almost by half time!

The pies were brilliant mate. Absolutely top notch. Don't go changing them, will you...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports