Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Return to the Amex" questions

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How will those that pay up front rather that DD be refunded if at all ?

Not clear but one train of thought is whatever credit you have at the end of the coming season is deducted from the following year season ticket. What was made very clear was the club will not be just profiteering on this and keeping money for services not provided.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Not a question but more about recognising the club's dilemma. Tailoring to individual needs is going to create an administrative nightmare. For me, I trust the club and therefore trust them to get the balance right of having supporter empathy and running a business.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As someone said earlier most of these questions were answered at the webinar. Maybe this thread should be merged with the other return one and then only the outstanding questions sent to the club. I say this because several times it was said how busy club staff were and asking them to repeat answers already given is incredibly unnecessary.

But there are thousands of people who didn't log on to the Zoom call - access details weren't sent to everyone for a start (I think the plans were originally to invite all S/T holders but they clearly had to abandon that idea). And people who were invited could have been away or unavailable that night so a large number of people don't know anything.

I'm totally in the dark on this. All I've gathered is that there are some plans for a ballot but nothing more than that. There's nothing on the club website. There's a story in the Argus about the club wanting to run a friendly with limited attendance to see if it's possible to run it through the season but nothing more than that.

I assume the club will put some details up on the website eventually but they should have been written in advance and put up as soon as the Zoom call was over. It may be irritating for those who attended the Zoom call to see questions being asked over and over but most Albion fans weren't on it so there's a need to know.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Being a ST holder and a carer for a parent 'in the shielding group' I won't risk going this season at all in all likelihood. Happy to continue to pay my money but will I get penalised for not using my allocation if I got an offer of a few games this season?

No. No-one will lose their season ticket seat or loyalty points for missing home games.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
How many people do you intend to actually have in attendance if you get the green light to allow spectators back , have you been given any guidelines by the government of how many or will it be left up to the club ?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
But there are thousands of people who didn't log on to the Zoom call - access details weren't sent to everyone for a start (I think the plans were originally to invite all S/T holders but they clearly had to abandon that idea). And people who were invited could have been away or unavailable that night so a large number of people don't know anything.

I'm totally in the dark on this. All I've gathered is that there are some plans for a ballot but nothing more than that. There's nothing on the club website. There's a story in the Argus about the club wanting to run a friendly with limited attendance to see if it's possible to run it through the season but nothing more than that.

I assume the club will put some details up on the website eventually but they should have been written in advance and put up as soon as the Zoom call was over. It may be irritating for those who attended the Zoom call to see questions being asked over and over but most Albion fans weren't on it so there's a need to know.

It was recorded so I would imagine a link will be provided to watch a replay at some point.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Given the usual reliance on trains and Park and Ride to attend games and given the reduced capacity, are there any plans to reduce the cost of near site parking to encourage people not to overcrowd trains and provide an affordable option for those people who want to attend a game but are concerned about using crowded public transport?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Please may we over 60s use the elevators. Walking to West Upper, up the stairs, will be like walking through a Covid sausage skin. I can't afford to risk such tomfoolery in my condition (old).

Would you be able to get somewhere else in the ground in the same price zone?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

The Zoom call was an initial consultation and set out where they are currently at.

As I understood it, the main points are as follows

1. ST DD will continue until September, this will build a cash balance up on your account which you can use to purchase tickets successfully acquired in the ballot
2. STH will be entered in to a ballot for each game to purchase a ticket at their price band or below.
3. STH who sit together will be able to apply as a group, 1 in all in.
4. If you are successful in the ballot but cannot use the ticket you purchase, you can then list it on the exchange for resale and your balance restored accordingly
5. Should you wish to opt out of a ballot you can currently do this for 6 matches. (I would like to think a season long opt-out will be offered also, it was not mentioned last night)
6. 1901 members can only apply for 1901 seats in the ballot
7. Once tickets are listed on the exchange, members and unsuccessful ballot members will be able to apply on a first come first served basis
8. Sadly those who paid in full up front are not initially going to get an additional refund, but credit left on your current ST balance will go forward to next years ST

In my opinion given that no solution will satisfy all, the club have done a very good job. I do however think the addition of a season long opt out for those who wish it should be offered, with their ST balance moved to next season.

In short, all STH get the same chance as anyone in their price band for a ticket, groups of up to five can still apply together should they wish, and unused cash goes towards next season's ST.

The club are very much dependent on what the government will allow them to do and full details will be out in due course.

As a start point last night was a positive, with nothing yet cast in stone.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Two part question:

Will we be informed of our season ticket balance?

If we were unlucky in the ballot and did not get a ticket, could we use the season ticket balance to buy a ticket on the exchange? Or would you still need to use a debit/credit card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also if we wanted to buy a ticket in a higher price range via the 'Ticket exchange' as all the tickets in North stand are sold out could we then pay the difference between our 1/19th and 1/19th of a say east upper ticket as an add on via our debit card ? Thank for this thread it would be good to get all the questions in one place

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why anyone would want to watch football under these conditions I don’t know. It does beg the question once again whether it should be happening at all.

Regardless, I just hope fans understand it’s not about them as individuals, but all as one. People need to be extremely accommodating, flexible, ready for last minute changes and so forth. Club and government doing their best. I fear however, given the evidence, the complete opposite will be the case in today’s “me me me” world. I feel sorry for Mr Barber and his team with what’s to come.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its has probably already been asked but:

If you are successful in the ballot and your ST is in Zone A will you be able to upgrade if all zone A seats have gone by the time you go to allocate your seats.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would you be able to get somewhere else in the ground in the same price zone?

Not looked into it, Bob. To be honest, I only enjoy it if I can see what's going on, which means being high up. I sat in the disabled section at ground level when I had my knee op a couple of years ago, and may as well have stayed in the Swan for all I could make out on the pitch.

But it is proximity that bothers me. Just queueing to get in will freak me out.

All the best :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Its has probably already been asked but:

If you are successful in the ballot and your ST is in Zone A will you be able to upgrade if all zone A seats have gone by the time you go to allocate your seats.

As Dr Spock would say illogical.

There would only be an allocated amount to Zone A so all those in Zone A would only have enough to meet tat demand, ergo be quick off the mark to book your seat

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The Zoom call was an initial consultation and set out where they are currently at.

As I understood it, the main points are as follows

1. ST DD will continue until September, this will build a cash balance up on your account which you can use to purchase tickets successfully acquired in the ballot
2. STH will be entered in to a ballot for each game to purchase a ticket at their price band or below.
3. STH who sit together will be able to apply as a group, 1 in all in.
4. If you are successful in the ballot but cannot use the ticket you purchase, you can then list it on the exchange for resale and your balance restored accordingly
5. Should you wish to opt out of a ballot you can currently do this for 6 matches. (I would like to think a season long opt-out will be offered also, it was not mentioned last night)
6. 1901 members can only apply for 1901 seats in the ballot
7. Once tickets are listed on the exchange, members and unsuccessful ballot members will be able to apply on a first come first served basis
8. Sadly those who paid in full up front are not initially going to get an additional refund, but credit left on your current ST balance will go forward to next years ST

In my opinion given that no solution will satisfy all, the club have done a very good job. I do however think the addition of a season long opt out for those who wish it should be offered, with their ST balance moved to next season.

In short, all STH get the same chance as anyone in their price band for a ticket, groups of up to five can still apply together should they wish, and unused cash goes towards next season's ST.

The club are very much dependent on what the government will allow them to do and full details will be out in due course.

As a start point last night was a positive, with nothing yet cast in stone.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

The main Q I have is if 1 of your group can't subsequently make a successful balloted match, can just that ticket be put on the Exchange? I think this may affect how people choose to group together.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As Dr Spock would say illogical.

There would only be an allocated amount to Zone A so all those in Zone A would only have enough to meet tat demand, ergo be quick off the mark to book your seat

That may be the case, but the club have done nothing to indicate whether there will be...

1 A single ballot for all STHs (ie excluding 1901ers)
2 Individual ballots per seat price banding

The fact that they did not mention different ballots per price banding last night, combined with a conversation I had with someone after the consultation last night, has me believing it's likely that it will be 1 above - a single ballot for all fans.

What may then happen if you have no choice but a more expensive seat is that your account cash balance is not reduced by 1/19th of your own ST cost, but 1/19th of the ST cost of the selected seat.

This is the question I went to the club with last night, and I'm still awaiting a response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here