Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Return to the Amex" questions

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
All entry will be via mobile phone - better remember to keep the battery charged

Other clubs in Europe use this technology if it works will be really handy as an option for fans moving forwards as forget the print at home nonsense you can order online and save the ticket in your phone wallet. Can see this becoming the norm for season tickets as well in the future with so many people now owning smart phones

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Other clubs in Europe use this technology if it works will be really handy as an option for fans moving forwards as forget the print at home nonsense you can order online and save the ticket in your phone wallet. Can see this becoming the norm for season tickets as well in the future with so many people now owning smart phones

The nations League was 100% mobile ticket only last summer ahead of what should have been the Euros this summer.

Worked pretty well but they used Bluetooth to ‘activate’ the ticket when you got near the gate which was a bit patchy

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Think once you've named a group that's it for the season. You can't chop and change. Also, seems from the update from the club today, you will need to show photo id for the name on the ticket so your group of nine won't be able to pick and chose!

Thanks. Agree that's what was meant.

Guess I have to choose my favourite friends then. The absolute ****ing joy of this disease continues.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
further info:

So, while much of the debate was around ticket allocation last night, there are some further important points for supporters to be aware of when returning to matches, such as transport, catering, masks, and other new measures which will be in place when the government allows fans back into stadia.

Track and trace: Firstly, fans must only use tickets allocated to them, and subject to it being in place, have the track-and-trace app on the phone. Currently many venues are using sign-in systems or old fashioned pen and ink guest books – but at a football stadium this just isn’t possible, but the government will need us to register who attends, should there be a localised outbreak.

So it is absolutely essential you use the ticket in your name and bring photo ID with you that matches the ticket - checks will be carried out for all fans - and when attending you have the track-and-trace app switched on. Further details on this will be shared in due course.

Mobile Tickets: During the summer we have installed new readers at our turnstiles to enable tickets to be scanned directly from mobile phones. Season-ticket holders and My Albion+ members will enter the stadium using the ticket that will be stored on their mobile phone in the Google/Apple wallet.

Further details will be released in due course. Please note this change has been made in line with government advice to reduce physical touchpoints, reduce the passing on of tickets through the black-market and to ensure compliance with the government track-and-trace scheme.

Transport: While we will offer guidance and advice on transport where we can, this is not the club’s responsibility. We strongly advise questions and concerns are directed to public and private providers, and any travel plans should carefully considered, and must concur with the government’s rules.

What we can do to help we will, for example we are looking at ways to extend parking available, and we are also considering a drop-off and pick-up facility close to, but away from stadium. Match tickets will be valid as usual on public transport across the city and further afield.

Face masks: We will follow the government and Premier League guidelines. If these require a mask to be worn, and you have a medical reason to not wear a mask, we will request that you wear a club-issued wristband to show that you are exempt from wearing the mask.

Bags: This is an important change to the entry policy, due to the restrictions in place due to the pandemic. Where possible we would actively discourage the use of all bags, however with immediate effect we will limit the size to A4 in size (so a small hand, clutch or shoulder bag is permitted). Please note that we are unable to store any bags for anyone so please do not bring any bags to the stadium that are bigger than A4 size as we will not be able to enter the stadium with them.

Temperature checks and health Q&A: We will expect all fans to be responsible – and to follow the government guidelines; for example, if you show any symptoms or have come into contact with anyone who has had symptoms you should not attend matches (in such a scenario, you should list your ticket on the ticket exchange for re-sale at the earliest possible point).

You may also be requested to complete an online heath questionnaire ahead of the match and/or be asked to take a temperature check on arrival. This may be mandatory, and will form part of the revised terms and conditions of entry during this period, but further details will be shared in due course.

Catering facilities: We do wish to allow access to a limited menu of our matchday catering options. How we do this is still to be finalised, but we are looking at various internal and external options. All transactions will now be credit or debit card only, as the stadium became a cashless venue on 1st July.

Programmes: Current advice suggests we may not be able to sell match programmes. These will be distributed to season-ticket holders and MyAlbion+ members in digital format, free of charge on matchdays. Printed versions will be available for order pre and post match, via the club’s online shop, while we are also working on a season subscription package at a discounted rate.

Toilets and washrooms: With handwashing key to limiting the spread of the virus, all toilet facilities will be accessible, while we also have installed a large number of hand sanitising stations throughout the stadium. Supporters may be permitted to bring a small (100ml or less) bottle of hand sanitiser.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1755294/return-of-fans-more-details

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Future is here all STH will gain entry by phone now, turnstiles have been updated already

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What do you do if you have a season ticket but not a smart phone, and don't want/can't afford to buy or use one?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What do you do if you have a season ticket but not a smart phone, and don't want/can't afford to buy or use one?
I agree. That could be a problem for some people. I have a lot of sympathy with the club in this situation but have deep reservations with the notion that the only way of ensuring entry would be through mobile phones. I believe that's an infringement of liberty.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Acker79;9465228 B said:
Track and trace[/B]: Firstly, fans must only use tickets allocated to them, and subject to it being in place, have the track-and-trace app on the phone.

What does Subject to it being in place mean?

Sorry if that sounds dumb.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How many Kids have mobile phones?

Well loads don't in the family stand for a start as some are quite young. And if they did they wouldn't use Google Pay. To set up Google Pay, you need a credit card or debit card. My credit card will not work with Google Pay as Tesco chooses to block it as they have a rival app. How is the ticket added to the app?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What does Subject to it being in place mean?

Sorry if that sounds dumb.

As I understand it, the government's track and trace app isn't yet up and running. If it is when we return, we will need to have downloaded it to our phones. If it's not up and running, we won't have to.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
did they say how a return would work i.e. how many seats would be available per game ( I assume number would grow if things went well) and how they would be positioned e.g. every other seat and then interlaced with row behind? Surprised they are even contemplating away fans.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Well loads don't in the family stand for a start as some are quite young. And if they did they wouldn't use Google Pay. To set up Google Pay, you need a credit card or debit card. My credit card will not work with Google Pay as Tesco chooses to block it as they have a rival app. How is the ticket added to the app?
I agree about kids and phones.

I presume they will send it out in an Email.
As I understand it, the government's track and trace app isn't yet up and running. If it is when we return, we will need to have downloaded it to our phones. If it's not up and running, we won't have to.
So never then. That's a relief.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
That may be the case, but the club have done nothing to indicate whether there will be...

1 A single ballot for all STHs (ie excluding 1901ers)
2 Individual ballots per seat price banding

The fact that they did not mention different ballots per price banding last night, combined with a conversation I had with someone after the consultation last night, has me believing it's likely that it will be 1 above - a single ballot for all fans.

What may then happen if you have no choice but a more expensive seat is that your account cash balance is not reduced by 1/19th of your own ST cost, but 1/19th of the ST cost of the selected seat.

This is the question I went to the club with last night, and I'm still awaiting a response.

My understanding was that if you are successful in obtaining a ticket your credit balance will reduce by 1/19. So if you can only get a ticket for a higher price range it does not cost extra. Similarly if you sit in a lower price area, by choice or necessity as some seats around the dugouts will not be available, it will still cost you 1/19 of your season ticket. I may be wrong but I thought they mentioned staggered ticket purchasing after the ballot so that higher priced ticket holders go first to pick a seat in their own area.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It isn't is the answer. Google/Apple Pay are not the app that would be used. Google wallet is merely a storage app for documents, usually things like tickets. As others have said, it would also be an email so you just open the document in that and scan code. That said, for younger kids with no phone at all, not sure how the club will deal with that but I'm sure they are aware of the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here