Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Return to the Amex" questions

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It isn't is the answer. Google/Apple Pay are not the app that would be used. Google wallet is merely a storage app for documents, usually things like tickets. As others have said, it would also be an email so you just open the document in that and scan code. That said, for younger kids with no phone at all, not sure how the club will deal with that but I'm sure they are aware of the problem.

The parents can just add the child’s tickets to their phone.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It isn't is the answer. Google/Apple Pay are not the app that would be used. Google wallet is merely a storage app for documents, usually things like tickets. As others have said, it would also be an email so you just open the document in that and scan code. That said, for younger kids with no phone at all, not sure how the club will deal with that but I'm sure they are aware of the problem.

Thanks for the explanation. But there is no 'Google Wallet'. It was merged with Google Pay 2 years ago. I guess it will save there. I hope I don't have to put another card on it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thanks for the explanation. But there is no 'Google Wallet'. It was merged with Google Pay 2 years ago. I guess it will save there. I hope I don't have to put another card on it.

Sorry, didn't know that. However, do you still need to add a payment method to use the app then as there is an option at the bottom for 'Passes'?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry, didn't know that. However, do you still need to add a payment method to use the app then as there is an option at the bottom for 'Passes'?

Perhaps not unless for verification? I am able to open the app and passes section okay. So I suppose it will work? It added a couple of Hotel rewards from Hilton and IHG so I imagine the Albion's will automatically be added as well. Cheers!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Just did a search and found this:

https://support.google.com/pay/answer/9208348?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Android&oco=1

Add a ticket to Google Pay

Buy your ticket through a participating airline’s or venue’s app or website or a ticket broker app or website.
When you’re done checking out, tap the G Pay Save to Google Pay button.
If you don’t have the Google Pay app installed, this button will open a web page where you can finish up.

Use your ticket

Important: To access your tickets on your Google Pixel phone, you can press and hold the Power button. Learn how to use Cards & passes on Google Pixel.
With your Google Pay app

On your Android device, open the Google Pay app Google Pay.
If you have more than one Google Account, confirm you signed in to the account you used to save the ticket.
At the bottom, tap Passes.
Tap the ticket.
Show the barcode on your phone so the attendant can scan it.
If you have more than one ticket, show each barcode.​

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just did a search and found this:

https://support.google.com/pay/answer/9208348?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Android&oco=1

Add a ticket to Google Pay

Buy your ticket through a participating airline’s or venue’s app or website or a ticket broker app or website.
When you’re done checking out, tap the G Pay Save to Google Pay button.
If you don’t have the Google Pay app installed, this button will open a web page where you can finish up.

Use your ticket

Important: To access your tickets on your Google Pixel phone, you can press and hold the Power button. Learn how to use Cards & passes on Google Pixel.
With your Google Pay app

On your Android device, open the Google Pay app Google Pay.
If you have more than one Google Account, confirm you signed in to the account you used to save the ticket.
At the bottom, tap Passes.
Tap the ticket.
Show the barcode on your phone so the attendant can scan it.
If you have more than one ticket, show each barcode.​

That's helpful, thank you!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
My understanding was that if you are successful in obtaining a ticket your credit balance will reduce by 1/19. So if you can only get a ticket for a higher price range it does not cost extra. Similarly if you sit in a lower price area, by choice or necessity as some seats around the dugouts will not be available, it will still cost you 1/19 of your season ticket. I may be wrong but I thought they mentioned staggered ticket purchasing after the ballot so that higher priced ticket holders go first to pick a seat in their own area.
You have a completely different understanding to me.
What I took away from the video conference was that you could buy a ticket in your price band or lower and 1/19th of the ST price for the block you purchase you game ticket will be deducted not 1\19th of your ST block.
I also recall it being mentioned that NS ST would only allow you to buy NS or SS seat under ballot.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
You have a completely different understanding to me.
What I took away from the video conference was that you could buy a ticket in your price band or lower and 1/19th of the ST price for the block you purchase you game ticket will be deducted not 1\19th of your ST block.
I also recall it being mentioned that NS ST would only allow you to buy NS or SS seat under ballot.

Some east and west upper based on the same price band I thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
My understanding is that everyone will be seated in alternate seats - so if you are in a group of 5 effectively 10 seats are your bubble. Indeed if you were to use the ticket exchange for say 2 of your 5 tickets, that makes complete sense from a social distancing point of view to have 'strangers' seated in alternate seats in your row. But assuming all 5 of your group do go to a match, do you all sit across a row of 10 and not sit next to each other? If stewards were to enforce that 'rule' for a family bubble, that's daft. But of course we are used to too many daft and inconsistent edicts from the Government these days.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
My understanding is that everyone will be seated in alternate seats - so if you are in a group of 5 effectively 10 seats are your bubble. Indeed if you were to use the ticket exchange for say 2 of your 5 tickets, that makes complete sense from a social distancing point of view to have 'strangers' seated in alternate seats in your row. But assuming all 5 of your group do go to a match, do you all sit across a row of 10 and not sit next to each other? If stewards were to enforce that 'rule' for a family bubble, that's daft. But of course we are used to too many daft and inconsistent edicts from the Government these days.
But the 5 wont be a family bubble will they. They maybwell be 5 friends all from different households who have to distance.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spoke to a Wolves ST holder today, they have been advised groups of 10

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This doesn't seem fair at all...

"Fans will automatically be entered into EVERY match ballot, and each match will be subject to a fresh ballot (eg – if you are successful in one, you are NOT ruled out of the next)."

I would have thought that if successful in one ballot you should not automatically be included in the next ballot. Share nicely eh?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Spoke to a Wolves ST holder today, they have been advised groups of 10

You raise a good point. Have fans of all Prem clubs had a similar communication like ours on Monday? Or is Barber being productive?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
This doesn't seem fair at all...

"Fans will automatically be entered into EVERY match ballot, and each match will be subject to a fresh ballot (eg – if you are successful in one, you are NOT ruled out of the next)."

I would have thought that if successful in one ballot you should not automatically be included in the next ballot. Share nicely eh?

That means a family group of 5 gets 5 chances every ballot and mr nomates gets one per ballot. I have family in other areas can we all go together in a ballot?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Are tickets transferable to friends with advance notice to the club? That way people can share in the luck. I don't have 5 family members in each ballot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is the information about how to set up ticket ballot groups out yet ?

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
That means a family group of 5 gets 5 chances every ballot and mr nomates gets one per ballot. I have family in other areas can we all go together in a ballot?

You have misunderstood. If you elect to be a group the group goes into the ballot as one so no better cchance than Mr nomates.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
How are people taking a leak at half-time in particular, but also other busy times, going to socially distance? I am not keen on being crammed into either a train or concourse but I will go to a game or two if I can get to the match by car, but at my age I need a pee at half-time!

If they can get the approval for drinks being delivered to seats, then you just use the empty pint glass afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here