Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roadmap out of Lockdown - Feb 22nd

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I just cannot fathom why Johnson is so continually refusing to vaccinate teachers. Now that the priority groups are done it wouldn't be a major indentation in the figures to do them. Has he just backed himself into too much of a corner to come out of it?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Limited crowds could well be allowed on the last day of the season ( The Athletic ).

I reckon Newcastle would protest as they are at Fulham.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Limited crowds could well be allowed on the last day of the season ( The Athletic ).

I did wonder if we got to a certain point where it might be easier to play the last x games of a season out with no fans to avoid accusations of bias, seems we might be about to hit exactly that scenario (and in a potentially massive match)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

I don't blame them, six and a half thousand Fulham fans going absolutely bonkers would strike the fear if dread into any opposition team.

I wouldn't worry if I were them, I think the first lockdown step with all schools returning and still in late Winter will push up infections and mean the other measures will likely be pushed back several weeks

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Emm, seems quite cautious and dare I say sensible. Still like to see tighter borders to keep new variants out.

Overall, I expect the Tory right to have a meltdown over this

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I just cannot fathom why Johnson is so continually refusing to vaccinate teachers. Now that the priority groups are done it wouldn't be a major indentation in the figures to do them. Has he just backed himself into too much of a corner to come out of it?
The priority groups are not done.

We have 9 priority categories for a reason and category 9 is due to be complete by mid April. Let's not have any queue jumpers until then.

I'm pretty hacked off that priority groups 7-9 are pretty much forgotten in this lockdown lifting saga.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Emm, seems quite cautious and dare I say sensible

I expect the Tory right to have a meltdown

Ah yes, the Covid Research Group will get their chance to prove once again how little they really know about Covid.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The priority groups are not done.

We have 9 priority categories for a reason and category 9 is due to be complete by mid April. Let's not have any queue jumpers until then.

So let's keep the schools shut. I don't see why it is deemed acceptable to place teachers at unnecessary risk when they can just as easily not reopen the schools.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ah yes, the Covid Research Group will get their chance to prove once again how little they really know about Covid.

The Research Group that never researches anything

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So let's keep the schools shut. I don't see why it is deemed acceptable to place teachers at unnecessary risk when they can just as easily not reopen the schools.
Indeed. They are being recklessly opened before Easter.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Indeed. They are being recklessly opened before Easter.

It is concerning, we're still in winter, we've only got a quarter of the population vaccinated and we're going ahead with a big bang opening. Giving pupils three weeks to mix and spread the virus around schools and then another two weeks during the holidays to then spread it to other family members. I'd be amazed if we can go ahead with the next phase by the 12th April, if we do though I think the rest of the targets are eminintly achievable.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

They'd have a cheek given that the away end at Newcastle is somewhere in Berwick-upon-Tweed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Absolutely this.

As a family, we have done everything asked of us, for a whole ****ing year, from the spending 250 nights in, in a row stuck in front of the TV, to having to give my wonderful Dad a funeral miles short of that he deserved. We've struggled through on 80-90% salaries, and cancelled holidays. I can't visit my grieving mother, laid up in a care home after a Covid-related stroke. My wife hasn't been inside her elderly parents' house in a year, just a few miles down the road. We've never once complained about any of it, as we are happy to do the right thing to help the nation get out of all this.

But now, my wife and my son, both in teaching positions, are now expected to sit in rooms with 30+ children, without any protection, for want of waiting just a few more weeks until the vaccine roll-out could cover their profession?

Its a ****ing disgrace, and its about time the teaching unions man the **** up.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely this.

As a family, we have done everything asked of us, for a whole ****ing year, from the spending 250 nights in in row stuck in front of the TV, to having to give my wonderful Dad a funeral miles short of that he deserved. We've struggled through on 80-90% salaries, and cancelled holidays. I can't visit my grieving mother, laid up in a care home after a Covid-related stroke. My wife hasn't been inside elderly her parents' house in a year, just a few miles down the road. We've never once complained about any of it, as we are happy to do the right thing to help the nation get out of all this.

But now, my wife and my son, both in teaching positions, are now expected to sit in rooms with 30+ children, without any protection, for want of waiting just a few more weeks until the vaccine roll-out could cover their profession?

Absolutely this.

I thought decisions were supposed to be reliant on data, not dates.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Absolutely this.

As a family, we have done everything asked of us, for a whole ****ing year, from the spending 250 nights in, in a row stuck in front of the TV, to having to give my wonderful Dad a funeral miles short of that he deserved. We've struggled through on 80-90% salaries, and cancelled holidays. I can't visit my grieving mother, laid up in a care home after a Covid-related stroke. My wife hasn't been inside her elderly parents' house in a year, just a few miles down the road. We've never once complained about any of it, as we are happy to do the right thing to help the nation get out of all this.

My other half went through a crap patch with work "restructuring" and the loss of her job. The Union was a total waste
of f******g time. Same with my Union. Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, utterly toothless and run by cretins. I left
a long time ago.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Absolutely this.

Yep, just friggin vaccinate them and any frontline workers as a priority. Those of us that work from home and are in good health can wait

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My wife and are in our early 50s with two kids at secondary school. Neither of us have been vaccinated, she has a chronic medical condition and there are now mutant strains of the virus that weren't around several months ago.

One year on from the start of all of this I feel this is the riskiest point for my me and my wife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here