Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And makes it even more impressive that the team still managed to finish where they did.
An awful lot in that list also happened in ONE game - Bournemouth away.

The immediate reaction De Zerbi got from that game was to then beat Villa (who we'd always struggled with) 1-0 and take a creditable point away at Newcastle, both with slight tweaks to our style of play.

Ups and downs in the dressing room happen - but you don't change Tony Bloom's recruitment policy, as anyone applying for our Head Coach job should know and understand.

That said, I'm sure a few at Brighton are glad he's gone, that level of intensity can be tiring.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have wondered how this separation of De Zerbi and BHAFC works for all the coaches, is there a possibility any of them remain if the new man wants them, or are they definitely all gone?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I have wondered how this separation of De Zerbi and BHAFC works for all the coaches, is there a possibility any of them remain if the new man wants them, or are they definitely all gone?
That was answered in the article on the club website stating RDZ was buggering off.

Coaches.jpg

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Hard to imagine that.

Enrico Venturelli, the intepretor/definitely-not-running-Robertos-media-game, has no football background and isn't staying.

Andrea Maldara - he popped out once in the spring to say something when Roberto was DEFINITELY at the dentist for 3 days. "Why say no to Naples?" he said, and disappeared in the shadows. Not sure he'll continue to work with Roberto (who had Possanzini as his assistant in every club until Brighton), but pretty sure we aren't calling him to beg him come back.

Ricard Segarra - surprising as the goalie coach has nothing to do with RDZ really, no previous connections iirc. Maybe were not happy or maybe he's not happy. Either we've released him despite not much ties to the Italian gang.

Marcattilio Marcattilii, Vincenzo Teresa, Agostino Tibaudi - the fitness coach trio should be very, very happy if RDZ's next club allow him to bring these people given our almost laughable regression in fitness in every regard.

Marcello Quinto - never heard of this guy

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Maybe if the new manager is Italian, then it may make more sense for one of them to stay if they have settled in Brighton?
Given what people here has said about RDZs housing situation I think its possible to assume the whole lot came here thinking "we'll do 2-3 years and leave for 5x higher wages somewhere as soon as we can". Which was always the most likely outcome, and still is (though it might be something like Saudi rather than in a big PL club). And why settle in a city where you work for peanuts, when you know/assume you'll soon enough work somewhere else and get rich?

All very hypothetical as I really don't think we're going with a new Italian.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
to ….. Potter. The manager after him ….. Hughton :lolol: . An Albion time warp.
Well...errr... possibly 😂. At least let's not go back to the coach who amicably left two weeks ago! An infinite Möbius strip of manager rotations!
The current/ near term game of solitaire happening with all the manager changes, plus the $ millions involved at each stage, is a reminder to me not to take it too seriously. I love the Albion, but... I've got some painting to do 😉

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Time to kiss and make up with Roberto and the gang yet? By mutual agreement obviously!
Not that its happening in a million years, but in the hypothetical scenario... it would probably be the most tinpot, pathetic and embarrassing move by a PL club ever (unless someone else definitely-not-sacked their manager and then reappointed him 3 weeks later, but I don't think thats ever happening outside of Italian relegation battles).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well...errr... possibly 😂. At least let's not go back to the coach who amicably left two weeks ago! An infinite Möbius strip of manager rotations!
The current/ near term game of solitaire happening with all the manager changes, plus the $ millions involved at each stage, is a reminder to me not to take it too seriously. I love the Albion, but... I've got some painting to do 😉

I’m very relaxed about it all. The parting was literally at the perfect time. TB might even have a plan!

Thank gawd, I’ve just finished an endless list of painting jobs to keep Mrs.W happy, including ‘cutting in’. Now onto gardening and a refurb of guttering. Living the dream :lolol:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I’m very relaxed about it all. The parting was literally at the perfect time. TB might even have a plan!

Thank gawd, I’ve just finished an endless list of painting jobs to keep Mrs.W happy, including ‘cutting in’. Now onto gardening and a refurb of guttering. Living the dream :lolol:
Aahh .. cutting in...need a nice brush for that 🤣.
Yes, Mrs R was away for a week so I had to do her list (allotment watering, strawberry picking...) now I'm back to my list of painting, fitting a sensor wall light, and gardening.
I don't understand it... I had more spare time when I worked 60 hours a week 🙄
Choosing a new manager HAS to be an easier job 🤷🏼‍♂️

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Not that its happening in a million years, but in the hypothetical scenario... it would probably be the most tinpot, pathetic and embarrassing move by a PL club ever (unless someone else definitely-not-sacked their manager and then reappointed him 3 weeks later, but I don't think thats ever happening outside of Italian relegation battles).
It would be second to us bringing back someone who walked out on the club mid-season, taking everyone and the tea lady with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here