Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham vs Brighton official thread

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Due almost entirely down to the second half, I should think, dougdeep. We spent the time defending (excellently I thought) while Rotherham switched the ball from left to right and back again. I suspect the possession stats for the first half would be much more even.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I'm with Magoo on Carpenter - he is our best midfielder by some distance. It was the first game and the sharpness will come. When fit Chippy is a great all rounder and his ability and determination are taken for granted. I seriously can't think of a weakness in his game.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
But a better source of goals? When Hammond was played on the left between the end of season 2004-5 and the beginning of last season, he put away something like 7 in 12 games. Some of those gave us another season in the Championship! Perhaps they dried up since then because of the central midfield responsibilities, which gives less license to raid into the box? Just a thought.
But he still gets into the box and in positions a lot from the centre. IT's just that his finishing has gone to pot, I don't see how the fact he's playing in the centre rather than out wide would cause that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
dougdeep said:
According to the stats we only had 38% of possession. We'll need to improve on that.
That is the thing that concerns me. Against better sides, we're not going to keep clean sheets on that sort of possession rate. But anyway, Rotherham will prove to be a toilet outfit, I'm fairly confident of that.

BTW, Anyone know of any decent match reports on-line?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Just to defend Carpenter he did setup the goal with his ball to Stokes who headed across to Revell. I also thought he improved in the second half after a poor first half. I would give him a couple more games although it might be interesting to rest him for the Boston match.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Kinky Gerbils said:
Try looking at the Rotherham one, they tend to be quite good.

How was blackpool? get Charlie any ladys of the night?
Erm, no. He did spend a bit of time in the strip club tho'. The only "lady of the night" I saw was the roughest thing you could ever imagine. Puke-tastic, she was.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:
Erm, no. He did spend a bit of time in the strip club tho'. The only "lady of the night" I saw was the roughest thing you could ever imagine. Puke-tastic, she was.

So he banged her yes?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:

So he banged her yes?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:

So he banged her yes?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:

So he banged her yes?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:

So he banged her yes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here